Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
KorieDWnut
Known to be the cranky person to comment under my breath

Adult sized kids meals?

I have a 13yo who is extremely picky. As in, she hates everything. Typically in WDW, all she eats is Mac and Cheese. This is the first time we have been back since she was over 10 and forced to eat on the Adult DP.
My husband and I thought about using Her allotted adult credits for us and just paying OOP for her mac and cheese or whatever kid meal she wants when we eat, but we are just not good at keeping track of stuff and dont want to deal with too much hassle or too much paying OOP.

Would she be able to just use her adult credit and get an Adult portion of Mac and Cheese, or Nuggets, or whatever kid meal they offer? Do they do that? Because I know she would eat it all, and would rather just do that.

Thanks
Old 11-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

I've done that with my DS. Most places will let her order from the kids menu and/or provide an adult portion of the kids menu item with an adult credit.
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Most places will but you should anticipate that possibly some places won't.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorieDWnut View Post
I have a 13yo who is extremely picky. As in, she hates everything. Typically in WDW, all she eats is Mac and Cheese. This is the first time we have been back since she was over 10 and forced to eat on the Adult DP.
My husband and I thought about using Her allotted adult credits for us and just paying OOP for her mac and cheese or whatever kid meal she wants when we eat, but we are just not good at keeping track of stuff and dont want to deal with too much hassle or too much paying OOP.

Would she be able to just use her adult credit and get an Adult portion of Mac and Cheese, or Nuggets, or whatever kid meal they offer? Do they do that? Because I know she would eat it all, and would rather just do that.

Thanks
Are you paying for the Dining Plan? If you are, just skip it.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
KorieDWnut
Known to be the cranky person to comment under my breath

Dining plan is already paid for. I told my husband that we should just pay out of pocket for her meals, and save all her adult credit for us to split between us for the meals that arent covered by the DP. The more I think about it, the more that makes sense. It would be cheaper to pay OOP for a kids meal than for an adult meal for breakfast, or whatever meal we dont use a DP credit for, know what I mean?
Old 11-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Are you planning any buffets? I'm sure you already know, but she would have to use a credit for those.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #7
cavepig
DIS Veteran

With our experience in mid-october, yes some restaurants will do a kids meal in a larger portions, some will let them order a kids meal and still get the adult dessert, it all varies from restaurant to restaurant so just ask. The non-Disney owned restaurants are more picky. I know at Liberty Tree Tavern my niece got the kids noodles and an adult dessert, but at France once she did the kid's meal she had to stick with a kid's dessert. Mexico made her a larger portion of the kids quesadillas.

Resorts: Fort Wilderness Cabins, Fort Wilderness Campsite, Port Orleans Riverside (aka Dixie Landings), All-Star Movies, POP Century, Art of Animation - Little Mermaid.
Run Disney: Expedition Everest Challenge May 2014

cavepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #8
bellebookworm9
Future Au.D.

I did this for myself, once, at Sunshine Seasons. Was able to get two servings of the pizza panini that is technically on the kids menu, as an adult version.
*1992-Offsite *1994-Offsite *2/15-20, 2007-All Star Music *5/17-28, 2010-Kidani Village @ AKL Dining *10/7-11, 2011-Beach Club Villas Dining *1/10-11, 2012-Old Key West *1/2012-10/2013 WDWCP/Seasonal CM at Epcot Main Entrance *2/9-12, 2012-Coronado Springs *5/10-5/11, 2012-All Star Music Four Months of Disney Dining *5/22-26,2012-All Star Sports *5/26-27, 2012-Port Orleans French Quarter *12/17-21, 2012-Wilderness Lodge *5/7-10, 2013-Pop Century *7/24-30, 2013-Art of Animation *1/6-10, 2014 -Art of Animation *3/25-29, 2014-All Star Movies *3/29-30, 2014-Boardwalk Villas *5/18-23, 2014-Paradise Pier *8/13-18, 2014-Caribbean Beach *8/18-19, 2014-Grand Floridian Trip Report & Dining *12/14-19, 2014-Port Orleans French Quarter (TR in Progress) Dining *3/17-23, 2015-Coronado Springs-The Never Ending PTR! *10/9-13, 2015-Old Key West

bellebookworm9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #9
Belle5
DIS Veteran

My nine year old literally eats like a bird (peanut butter and honey sandwich and a little fruit). I don't foresee that changing much by the time he's ten. I have done exactly as you have planned with my other ten year old diners in the past...pay oop for a kids meal (if that's really the kind of food and portion that was realistic for them) and saved up the adult credits for a nicer meal.

Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #10
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorieDWnut View Post

Thanks
She is not forced to eat on the Adult DP...you could certainly visit WDW and eat there without a Dining Plan at all.
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: