Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
EK4636
Earning My Ears

The magic has already begun!

Something just happened today that made me feel really warm and fuzzy so I thought I would share.

My partner and I will be spending 8 days at Disney in about a week (Woot!), and I wanted to spoil him silly because the last time he was at Disney World, it was the last trip before both of his parents passed away. As part of this spoiling, I have set up ADRs at his favorite restaurants, Illuminations Cruise, VIP tour, and even got him tickets to the Hobbit at midnight on opening night. Of course, as I'm planning this, the thought of "how accepting will people be at the Parks" has always been in the back of my mind.

That thought is no longer there. To round out my surprises, I called Disney Floral and Gifts today to set up an in-room celebration for our "Welcome back/Christmas/Anniversary" vacation. After talking to the "Dream Maker" on the phone for about 10 minutes, she came up with a fantastic plan for what to put in the room, and added a nice touch, "Since it will be 2 of you guys celebrating your anniversary, I'll go ahead and arrange for double Mickeys plush pair."

It was simple but yet very thoughtful, and I really appreciate it.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
AuroraRora
Princess

Awww that's so great - and so sweet of you to organise everything to surprise him!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
greenkai3000
Mouseketeer

Woo Hoo! Y'all have fun! Hope to see your Trip Report and pics.
Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Resort Riverside August 2013.

Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012, Off-Site December 2013 .

Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0960612&type=3

greenkai3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
artnerds
That's just unproFESSIONAL, gurl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK4636 View Post
To round out my surprises, I called Disney Floral and Gifts today to set up an in-room celebration for our "Welcome back/Christmas/Anniversary" vacation. After talking to the "Dream Maker" on the phone for about 10 minutes, she came up with a fantastic plan for what to put in the room, and added a nice touch, "Since it will be 2 of you guys celebrating your anniversary, I'll go ahead and arrange for double Mickeys plush pair."
This makes me indescribably happy. Congratulations to you two!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #5
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK4636
Something just happened today that made me feel really warm and fuzzy so I thought I would share.

My partner and I will be spending 8 days at Disney in about a week (Woot!), and I wanted to spoil him silly because the last time he was at Disney World, it was the last trip before both of his parents passed away. As part of this spoiling, I have set up ADRs at his favorite restaurants, Illuminations Cruise, VIP tour, and even got him tickets to the Hobbit at midnight on opening night. Of course, as I'm planning this, the thought of "how accepting will people be at the Parks" has always been in the back of my mind.

That thought is no longer there. To round out my surprises, I called Disney Floral and Gifts today to set up an in-room celebration for our "Welcome back/Christmas/Anniversary" vacation. After talking to the "Dream Maker" on the phone for about 10 minutes, she came up with a fantastic plan for what to put in the room, and added a nice touch, "Since it will be 2 of you guys celebrating your anniversary, I'll go ahead and arrange for double Mickeys plush pair."

It was simple but yet very thoughtful, and I really appreciate it.

How very nice! I wish everyone had that same outlook. Sent you a PM.

sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: