Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
GeorgiaDawg7
"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Imagination Pavilion?

Are we about to see some changes made to this entire Pavilion? I feel like Captainn EO can't be around to much longer, and this installment of Journey Into Imagination isn't the most popular? Do you think major renovations or changes are coming to this area soon? Also, isn't there a lot of empty above JYI that can be used?
Old 12-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

Well, it's all a question of money. Corporate sponsors are harder to get these days than they used to be. In an era where the Wonders of Life pavilion is more valuable to the company as private or ticketed event space than it would be as attractions, I'm not sure I can imagine the circumstances that would lead to renovating Imagination. I guess I need the Dreamfinder's help.

IIRC, I noticed that the pavilion closed earlier than the rest of Future World several times when I was there last week. Was this always the case?

I'd love to see them use the upper level again, but they'd need to do some remodeling to make it feasible. The elevator in The Land is a major bottleneck as it is; it could really use either another elevator or a wheelchair-accessible entrance on the first floor (maybe via a tunnel? IDK.)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

If I had hit the super Powerball last week I would have channeled several million dollars to a non-profit organization that would have been willing to be the sponsor.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg7 View Post
Are we about to see some changes made to this entire Pavilion? I feel like Captainn EO can't be around to much longer, and this installment of Journey Into Imagination isn't the most popular? Do you think major renovations or changes are coming to this area soon? Also, isn't there a lot of empty above JYI that can be used?
~Yes. Epcot needs some serious updates and Test Track 2.0 is not enough! Unfortunately, I think it will be last on the list behind AK and DHS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
If I had hit the super Powerball last week I would have channeled several million dollars to a non-profit organization that would have been willing to be the sponsor.
~Awww, this is SO sweet. I totally believe you! You are the most helpful poster on these boards!

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
motherof2boys
Mouseketeer

Journey into the Imagination is my sons favorite ride! Figment is his favorite character too. I don't mind the ride but I get a bigger kick out of watching him watch it. He's 10 & still reacts like it's the first time he's seen it.

I do wish there was more fun stuff after the ride. It's so boring! We always have to rush him out. I have no clue what he finds fun there!
2013 Celebrating Graduations, 3 nights at Universal Hotel, 8 nights at Wilderness Lodge
2012 Christmas/Anniversary Trip at the Boardwalk, 1 horrible night off property, Wilderness Cabin
2012 Split stay at Tree House Villa's (with Mom, Brother & SIL, Brother & GF) & AKL
2011 1 Surprise night at Nickeloden Hotel & AKL (bought more points at Saratoga Springs at Member Event)
2010 Split Stay BLT & AKL (bought into DVC after last years surprise)
2009 All Star Sports then Surprised the Boys w/2 nights at AKL, booked a 3rd night on-line & got Family of the day & Concierge Level
2008 All Star Movies with the MIL
motherof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: