Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #16
disneybeachprincess
Disney Girl from Day One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammi67 View Post
Hi everyone!

We will also be joining you.
Myself
DS: Nick will be 14
DD: Alyssa will be a few weeks shy of 12

This is our second DCL cruise, with our first being on the Dream this past Spring Break, which was also over Easter. They also have church services in the theater.
Welcome aboard! Tammi, DS 14 Nick & DD 12 Alyssa! They will be joining my DS 14 Cameron in the Edge!

Thanks for the added church service info! Good to know!

disneybeachprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #17
2CME911
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybeachprincess View Post
IF you or anyone else who like to organize the FE exchange, please do so! We will definitely get a meet & greet together when the time gets closer! Woo Hoo!
Tell you what DBP. If no one steps forward to volunteer for FE, I'll do it, but I've never organized one before and would much rather let an experienced person do it instead. If I can find some time, I'll research the boards for the recommended procedure. If we get no volunteers by the new year, I'll get something up and running.
Pete
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #18
CanadianMomma
Earning My Ears

I have been reading up on fish extenders to learn about them. I know there can't be a firm answer but about how many people end up doing this? I am trying to figure out how much to budget for it etc...although I have found some fun ideas and we have lots of time!!! I won't volunteer to organize anything because I still don't know what I am doing! LOL

DISNEY DREAM FEBRUARY 13th-17th, 2011
CanadianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #19
disneybeachprincess
Disney Girl from Day One

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CME911 View Post
Tell you what DBP. If no one steps forward to volunteer for FE, I'll do it, but I've never organized one before and would much rather let an experienced person do it instead. If I can find some time, I'll research the boards for the recommended procedure. If we get no volunteers by the new year, I'll get something up and running.
Pete
Thanks! That sounds great! We have plenty of time & I appreciate you offering! Happy Holidays & may 2013 be magical for all the Dis-ers!

Old 12-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #20
disneybeachprincess
Disney Girl from Day One

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMomma View Post
I have been reading up on fish extenders to learn about them. I know there can't be a firm answer but about how many people end up doing this? I am trying to figure out how much to budget for it etc...although I have found some fun ideas and we have lots of time!!! I won't volunteer to organize anything because I still don't know what I am doing! LOL
Thanks! That sounds great! We have plenty of time & I appreciate you offering! Happy Holidays & may 2013 be magical for all the Dis-ers!

Old 12-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #21
becpee
I see sock puppets

I'm waiting on a Dreams Unlimited quote for this cruise, we did the Western in Sept and are dying to get back for another cruise!

Saving hard, our airfares jack the price right up but our cruise was amazing and DH is only wanting to cruise Disney now, they set the bar pretty high the first time around

I'm already changing the date.

Have fun! I'll be cruising later

Last edited by becpee; 12-30-2012 at 07:33 PM.
becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:38 PM   #22
Reedi
Mouseketeer

Sign us up!! We are super excited!! It will be myself (another Heather YAY!), DH Robert, DS Tre' (14 at sailing), and DD Ari (9 at sailing). We are also booked in a 5E aft room. It'll be our first veranda room, so we are all excited about that too. We are in for FEs and meets.

Can't wait! I hope everyone has a GREAT 2013!!

WDW-1982~~WDW-1992~~WDW-Dec 2000~~AS Movies-Feb 2003~~POR-Feb 2006~~POP -Feb 2008~~AKV-Feb 2010
~~SSR-Sep 2011~~SSR-Nov 2012~~BLT-Feb 2013~~SSR-Oct 2013

Magic 7-day Western-Jul 2009
~~Magic 7-day Eastern-Oct 2010 ~~Fantasy 7-day Eastern-Apr 2014

DVC Member since July 2009
Reedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #23
DeniseMarie526
Whenever you pack your bags, never forget the pixie dust!

Smile Our First Disney Cruise!

Hey everyone! I have not booked yet...kinda nervous cause I have to wait until the end of this month to do it.... I've heard of so many people booking soooo early and I'd hate to not be able to go.

My Daughter will be turning 21 on April 21st! My dream has always been to be in Epcot for her 21st but as it falls in the Easter week that year, I'd be crazy to do that...lol So we will try the new experience of a cruise. Although i am terrified of the ocean, so I'm not sure how I will handle this.

I'm so excited. It will be myself (Denise), my DD Katie, my DS, Andrew (12), and one or two of my DD's best friends. I'll check back after I've booked so that we can be added to the roster. I would love to meet up with everyone. As I already know that my DS will be out and about at the kids clubs and my DD will have her friends, I may be the odd girl out...lol

I was planning on using Small World Travel to book the trip as the offer on board credits. Any suggestions/opinions on this?
DeniseMarie526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #24
2CME911
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseMarie526 View Post
Hey everyone! I have not booked yet...kinda nervous cause I have to wait until the end of this month to do it.... I've heard of so many people booking soooo early and I'd hate to not be able to go.

Welcome to the Dis Boards and your cruise meet thread!
No worries...we booked fist day but I've looked a couple times, still plenty of availability and prices do not seem to have gone up at all yet.

My Daughter will be turning 21 on April 21st! My dream has always been to be in Epcot for her 21st but as it falls in the Easter week that year, I'd be crazy to do that...lol So we will try the new experience of a cruise. Although i am terrified of the ocean, so I'm not sure how I will handle this.

Well only you can answer that, but my DW had similar concerns her first time and she was totally fine, loved it actually!

I'm so excited. It will be myself (Denise), my DD Katie, my DS, Andrew (12), and one or two of my DD's best friends. I'll check back after I've booked so that we can be added to the roster. I would love to meet up with everyone. As I already know that my DS will be out and about at the kids clubs and my DD will have her friends, I may be the odd girl out...lol

I think many parents would love to have that kind of freedom on one of these cruises, so I suspect you'll have blast

I was planning on using Small World Travel to book the trip as the offer on board credits. Any suggestions/opinions on this?
We use Dreams Unlimited and have had no complaints whatsoever. I imagine the agent you mentioned would provide essentially the same service, similar if not exactly the same OBC. Just remember if you use a TA, you have to go thru them for all changes, and some people really don't like that, if you're the type who likes to micromanage and have total control of things.

Anyhow, if you keep checking back here from time to time you'll see things start to organize themselves somewhat. You can subscribe to this thread to make it easier to find by opening thread tools pull-down window and selecting 'subscribe to this thread'. You find it by going to quick links pull-down window. Looking forward to meeting you in a mere 16 months!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #25
talb714
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone we just booked today.

This will be our 3rd Disney cruise we were on the Dream August 2011 and the Fantasy last April. We have talked some good friends into joining us so there will be 9 of us. Me (Sheila), Nancy (my mom), my DS Zakari (12) and DS Camdyn (9). Our Friend Barry, Sue, Marilyn , Barry III (14) and Chloe (13).

We have done the Fish Extender on our other two cruises and it was great I will be more than happy to help whoever is running it or answer any question anyone has.

On our last cruise we created a Facebook page and meet a lot of people prior to the cruise, it was a lot of fun and have made some great friend that we all still see.

Sheila
Old 01-16-2013, 12:14 AM   #26
EDH Family
Married to the Mouse

We are also on this sailing. We are from California and sailing with a few other families also from California. It will be Disney Cruise #11 for us. We are interested in the FE. We are sailing with...

Tammy
Chris
Brandon (age 9)
Ryan (age 4)

2005 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-December * 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-September * 2008 Disney Magic 7 Night Mexican Riviera-June * 2009 Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas-February * 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-November * 2011 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas-April * 2011 Disney Wonder 7 Night Mexican Riviera-November-Roy Disney Suite! * 2012 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-December * 2013 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas - March * 2013 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western-March * 2013 Disney Dream 3 Night Bahamas-August * 2014 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-April
EDH Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #27
twokats
DIS Veteran

We just got off the Magic yesterday and booked this cruise while onboard.
It will be our 2nd on the Fantasy and our 6th cruise on DCL total.
The Wonder in 2009 and 2010/2011 (NYE cruise), Fantasy in 2012, Magic (just got off in Galveston yesterday) and Wonder (in Sept, PC Repo from LA - Galveston) 2013.

We are me, Kathy, and DH, Lee, and our two adult children DD, Kati, and DS, Clay.

We will be celebrating my DH's birthday and retirement (he will turn in his paperwork right after we return) plus it is early retirement and he is so ready.

I have a FE organizer background and could do this one if no one else wants to. I did the Wonder cruise in '10 and the Magic we just got off of and I am also doing the one on the Wonder in September. As I said if no one else wants to I can work it in.

I am looking forward to talking to everyone and meeting you in 2014!!!

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Last edited by twokats; 03-24-2013 at 08:52 PM.
twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #28
2CME911
Mouseketeer

Sounds like we have an FE organizer! Thank You Kathy and WELCOME! To the extent that anyone else can help you, I am happy to volunteer to do that.
Pete
Old 02-08-2013, 07:34 AM   #29
LazyDanes
Earning My Ears

We're coming, too!

Denise (me), Chuck (DH), Madison (DD12) and Willow (DD9). This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise. We've done a 3 day and a 4 day- really looking forward to a longer cruise! We have never done an FE before but would love to this time.

Denise
LazyDanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #30
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CME911 View Post
Sounds like we have an FE organizer! Thank You Kathy and WELCOME! To the extent that anyone else can help you, I am happy to volunteer to do that.
Pete
Thank you very much for the welcome, and I will gladly do the FE organization.

I just got off the Magic this week and even before I left I had so many ideas for gifts to put in my stash, plus I got a lot of new ideas from what I received. I absolutely love this part of the planning!

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: