Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #61
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Whatever word you use for the way she made that request, it's still an odd thing to do and is not done.
At Walt Disney World it's done all the time and people expect it, especially if they've used Disney's system for declaring that this meal is a celebration for something. Whether or not they should always expect it is another question, but it's Disney itself that's responsible for those expectations. And no call for the server to be rude. We also don't know what the tone of the request was, since the group had already seen others in the restuarant getting the birthday treatment and wanted to know where theirs was. Maybe the server herself misunderstood the request and thought she was being asked to deliver a solo performance.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #62
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Maybe the server herself misunderstood the request and thought she was being asked to deliver a solo performance.
Which is what I am saying is not done anywhere. From what the poster clarified, it seems like the server should not have thought they were requesting a solo performance since she was referencing what was going on at other tables when making the request.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #63
The3rdDisneyBoy
Mouseketeer

This thread is hilarious.

Seriously.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #64
Glenn
DIS Veteran

decorations

Enough with happy birthday.
My question is how are the decorations this year? Better, the same or less than previous years? No one seems to be mentioning this anywhere out here.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #65
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
My question is how are the decorations this year? Better, the same or less than previous years? No one seems to be mentioning this anywhere out here.
Pretty much the same.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #66
Luv2CtheMouse
DIS Veteran

It was hot hot hot today. Ate at tusker for lunch and was very disappointed. When I reserved it we were supposed to get tickets to get into the nemo show. I did not receive a notification that it is now a character lunch where the price is higher and the food quality has gone WAY downhill. This is on our never do again list now. So not worth the money. Our server was decent though.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #67
nuzmom
a real Robinhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
I think it's lighter than past years. Seems like the walkways immediately inside the main entrances are decorated and then not much otherwise. I've also noticed that many of the decorations not at the entrance are quite a bit faded. My overall observation is that the secondary decorations are showing some age, being retired, and not replace.
Past: AKV, Dec '14, AKV - Aug/Sept '13, OKW - Dec '12, AKV - Sept '11, SSR/AKV - Dec '10, AKV/BLT - Sept 09, SSR - Oct 08, SSR - Dec 07, POR, DCL, BWV - Aug/Sept 06, SSR - Dec 05, BWV - Sept 05, OKW - Dec 04, FWCabins - Sept 04 (became DVC member), FWCabins - Sept 99, Contemporary - June 89, Offsite - May 84, Contemporary - Dec 82, DL - 78 [/COLOR]
Old 12-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #68
Luv2CtheMouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn
The same really...although we forget it is Christmastime while we are in AK. It does not really look or feel it at all.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #69
disneydad78
DDC #106
More important its about having some FUN!
We just LOVE its a small world!!;)

[QUOTE=Senator Tressel;46864668]Huh? The grandmother requested that the server sing Happy Birthday. Whatever word you use for the way she made that request, it's still an odd thing to do and is not done. None of us know whether the grandma asked in the nicest way possible or was being demanding, so lets not get into something that is unknowable.

OK
DISDADS member #106
(DD 16)(DS 12)(DS 8)(DW 32)(ME 35)
OffSite ('92) OffSite ('05) BonnetCreek ('07) BonnetCreek ('08) POR ('09) POR ('10) POR MVMCP ('11) POR MVMCP ('12) upcoming POR MNSSHP ('13)
Old 12-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #70
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGH1946 View Post
Enough already!!
Amen. If I ask everyone to quit arguing about whether or not to ask is to order, would I be out of order?

Or is it this thread that's out of order?
Old 12-06-2012, 11:59 PM   #71
MistyD
Mouseketeer

When does the Pop Warner group leave? We are checking in Tuesday . We've never run into any BTG's and hoping not to this time either!

04/04 - Dismoon at CBR
12/2004 - Christmas at WL
10/2005 - Halloween at POFQ
12/2008 - Christmas at POFQ
02/2011 - POFQ!
12/2012 - Christmas at POFQ...again!
10/2014 and 11/2014- Halloween AND Christmas at POP!

Old 12-07-2012, 12:10 AM   #72
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Decorations were definitely lighter than in years past. I noticed some things were missing, like the wreaths and garland over Main Street. However, we were there the morning after the parade was filmed, so maybe they took those down for the filming?

My mom also complained that the decorations look outdated. Sad!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:27 AM   #73
bauer1168
DIS Veteran

Thought I'd chip in with my thoughts....

I've been here since 11/27, the crowds have been light and extremely manageable in my opinion. For example, on Wednesday I never saw Toy Story go over 60 mins all day, it was mainly 45-55mins. ToT and Star Tours were both 10min posted waits, but was more like 5. ToT only had 3 lifts in operation and one side of the pre show before entering the boiler room. To me, that is quiet. RnR had short waits too. MK has been perfectly fine and extremely manageable aswell. PP seemed to peak at 45mins ETWB 20-30mins.Apart from Big thunder, everything else 10-15 mins most of the time. Space Mountain was 10-15mins most of the days aswell!
Tour Groups are slowly increasing each day.
I spent 12/6 at US/IOA and crowds were very, very light. Forbidden Journey never went over 15mins, never seen that before and everything else was walk on. Again, several rides (Mummy Returns) only half of the carts.
Haven't encountered any rude people. There's still the select few who think its ok when exiting fantasmic/main street just before wishes to just stop in the middle and turn around-so annoying.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #74
MrStayPuft
The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit90 View Post
I'm here now too and I agree with these completely - especially the pin trading.
When it comes to pin trading, you have to realize something. Disney gives CM's a lanyard (or pouch) of 12 pins to wear to trade. CM's usually go to a pin trading window in their respective work location to get pins. Sometimes they get a good batch but often they get a bunch of boring duds. This of course means that if someone trades a cool, rare or interesting pin, the CM will invariably keep it and continue trading the boring ones to newbies, etc. This is just the way it goes. Many times guests get extra pins that are part of a set and CM's (many of whom collect pins just like guests) will be looking for this missing piece and will pocket it placing a boring one in its spot.

Last edited by MrStayPuft; 12-07-2012 at 01:04 AM. Reason: spelling.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:10 AM   #75
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaPolynesian View Post
Decorations were definitely lighter than in years past. I noticed some things were missing, like the wreaths and garland over Main Street. However, we were there the morning after the parade was filmed, so maybe they took those down for the filming?

My mom also complained that the decorations look outdated. Sad!
Seems I've read they do take the wreaths and garland down for filming. Something about obstructed view and/or camera cranes needing the space to operate.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: