Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #31
flightdave82
Mouseketeer

This probably doesn't belong on this board since I assume you only want disneyland rides but since you didn't specifically mention only DL, I will share my only time I got stock back in WDW.

In the Animal Kingdom we got stuck on Dinasour!! First let me tell you that this ride is pretty scary and intense while its normally operating. We just so happened to get stuck for about 10minutes right in front of one of the scary T-rex's!! Worst part was that they kept the ride in the dark and never turned on the lights. SO the whole time we are in the dark starring at this huge dinasour

Finally the ride turned on and the dinasour moved and freaked us all out!!

Past Trips
2011: WDW Swan & Dolphin
2007: WDW Marriot Downtown Orlando
1994: WDW Offsite
flightdave82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #32
dcraythorn
Mouseketeer

In September, we got stuck on splash mountain. We had to walk off the ride. We were stuck right before the drop. It was fun getting to walk around and see everything and actually see everything up close.
dcraythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #33
HollyL
Mouseketeer

I'm jealous...I would love to get stuck on Splash Mountain or PoC and have to walk out through the secret passages.

I would definitely NOT want to get stuck on the Submarine ride....I think that would be the absolute worst.
HollyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #34
willturner
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
Was this Nov 4??? That was our stuck day.
Nope, it was five years ago in January. Sounds like PoC goes down in similar fashion quite frequently .
willturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #35
pikaboo27
I knew I could count on you!

I too have a story, but it's from WDW. The Carousel of Progress broke down while DM and I were on it. We kept listening to the section we were stuck in over and over and people kept using the exit doors to leave which would shut down the system again and the CM on the overhead was SCREAMING telling everyone to stay in their seats. We were stuck for about 45 minutes. Finally we were able to move to the next scene and then exit.

pikaboo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #36
Kilala
Mouseketeer

I got stuck on SM with my uncle years ago and they turned on the lights. We were on the lowest track in the building. They let us stay on to ride again but, they never turned off the lights again
Old 12-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #37
robinb
DIS Veteran

Whoops! Just noticed this was a Disneyland thread. I was stuck on Monster's Inc and had to walk out. Over at WDW, I rode Space Mountain with the lights on. I will NEVER raise my hands again on that ride! The track is really, really close overhead. We stalled on Thunder Mountain on one of the hills and had to be evacuated though the inside of the mountain. I was stuck on Splash Mountain right under the "Laughing Place? I'll show you a Laughing Place!" vultures for about 30 minutes. have also been stuck on Winnie the Pooh and Small World.

Last edited by robinb; 12-06-2012 at 12:06 PM.
robinb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #38
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Whoops! Just noticed this was a Disneyland thread. I was stuck on Monster's Inc and had to walk out. Over at WDW, I rode Space Mountain with the lights on. I will NEVER raise my hands again on that ride! The track is really, really close overhead. We stalled on Thunder Mountain on one of the hills and had to be evacuated though the inside of the mountain. I was stuck on Splash Mountain right under the "Laughing Place? I'll show you a Laughing Place!" vultures for about 30 minutes. have also been stuck on Winnie the Pooh and Small World.
A lot of times things seem like they might be unsafe, but they use all sorts of tricks. One of them what looks like and overhead obstruction that looks like you might hit it on a descent. It may look to be almost at your head at eye level, but in reality it's probably at least 6-8 feet over your head by the time you reach it.

Since you're talking about SM, I remember a friend used to think it must have been one of the fastest rides at Disneyland at the time. He though it hit at least 55 MPH. I remember seeing some statistics on it, and the top speed is actually about 30 MPH with an average speed of about 25 MPH. They have lights that comes towards the rider that give an illusion of going faster. I get a similar sensation when I'm in a car that's lower to the ground. 50 MPH in a Honda Civic feels a lot faster than 65 MPH in a minivan.
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #39
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

We got stuck on pirates years ago and were walked off the ride. I don't remember much of it but I do remember walking through the kitchen area of blue bayou. On the last couple of trips we've been stuck on Haunted mansion 2-3 times, the best was in front of the ballroom once regular hm, once Nightmare. Got stuck in the graveyard once too-- that was fun. Husband and son got stuck on the matterhorn and were walked off. We did the single rider lines and I was just off when they got stuck darn it. They got to see the inside and were told no cameras, plus we got 2 front of the line passes which you use at the exits so that was cool. I was really jealous of their stuckedness.....
Old 12-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #40
rockchick04
Earning My Ears

We got stuck on Jungle Cruise! That was a first. The boat just stopped and wouldn't start again. We had to wait for the boats ahead of us to get back so a tow boat could come get us. Got some front of the line passes for all the "trouble."
rockchick04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #41
James G
Earning My Ears

I got stuck on small world for an hour. was not fun. now my kids hate that ride.
James G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #42
HollyL
Mouseketeer

This has turned into a really fun thread. Thanks for all that have responded. This is definitely not for just Disneyland rides, but for any Disney anywhere rides!
HollyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #43
audrey2580
DIS Veteran

Only people on this board can appreciate this. Last September we got stuck on Small World. After 20 mins they started evac-ing people. I was so excited saying to my son "Omg, we get to walk through Small World". Strangers in my boat thought I was crazy. Sadly they got the ride going before getting to my boat. Oh well, one day I'll get to walk off a ride lol.
audrey2580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #44
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

I have been stuck on Ca. Screamin (right before the loading/unloading zone so nothing exciting), Small World (just after we came outside) and our boat jumped the track on Jungle Cruise and we were floating around the hippo pool. That one was a little scary because we were floating right towards a submerged hippo and I just knew it could come up underneath us and flip the boat (I know, they probably aren't strong enough to do that, but still, LOL). Luckily they shut off the hippos right as we were about to float over it.

But it was fun floating around and even more interesting watching them get us back on the track.

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #45
Lucille1963
DIS Veteran

Years ago GRR broke down as our raft was right at the top of the big drop. They drained all the water out so the raft was resting on the bottom and we were walked out through a staircase inside the mountain.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: