Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #16
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

...I share your sentiment...
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #17
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

I am not in the mood at all. In fact I feel like I could have a heart attack at any minute. I'm sure its anxiety attacks. We are just stressed to the max this year because of an ongoing issue that my oldest daughter is going through (and putting us through ) and because a very dear friend of mine has a son who is 19 that just found out he has malignant melanoma. He is having a test done in less than an hour to see if it has spread beyond his lymph nodes. I also found out today that a very sweet 7th grade boy also has cancer. Their problems are worse than mine but trying to stay positive through all of this is very hard at the moment. I have been praying more than I ever have before.

I just want the new year to get here, hit the reset button and pray for a better year for everyone in this world. I know so many people right now that are in need of some good news for a change.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #18
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
I just want the new year to get here, hit the reset button and pray for a better year for everyone in this world. I know so many people right now that are in need of some good news for a change.
...a-MEN...
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #19
momtojandj
Mouseketeer

I am with those who arent into christmas this year. It has always been my favorite time of year. Thankfully for online shopping, I dont have to go to the store as much to shop. Trying very hard for my kids. My husband was killed in Oct. Still doesnt feel real to say it. Some very good friends came over and helped decorate my tree. . I know i am not alone, alot of people hate, dread the holidays amd my prayers are with all of us.
momtojandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #20
tigercat
Cook, clean and foot massage. Boy that sounds like heaven!
I dislocated my jaw when I ate a piece of lettuce

I'm sorry to hear that momtojandj.
I am not in the spirit of Christmas this year as well. My one dd has turned on me and it seems everything in life with me was horrible. She and her family will not be here although her dd is living with me because my dd threw her out.
My other dd's dh has been abusive this year for some reason and it seems it is also part of my fault. I babysit their 3 kids for free and that is okay but nothing else. I am so careful to not get in their business although both of them seem to want to tell me. I am not critical and the kids are great here and I spoil them but not in a bad way. I spoil them with my time. I have harder rules for them than the parents and they are great for me. He has decided that they won't be spending Christmas here either. I would think that it is all my fault except the things are different for both dd.
My dd has said that it isn't my fault but I still seem to be in the middle and I keep trying to get out of it.
That leaves my 2 ds and my dh. My dgrdd who lives here will probably go to her house for dinner.
I am not having a tree or decorating at all this year. As far as gifts go I am thinking that I will not be doing them either. My holiday isn't Christmas it is at the end of Feb but we have celebrated Christmas because the rest of them do have Christmas. I think this year I will celebrate my holiday this year.
tigercat
tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #21
powellrj
I am wide awake and on the dis boards
My db and I usually fight over the turkey bones
It was so bad, it was funny
Note to self, never make anyone suffer with thirst

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post

Thats what I said last year and this year was worse than last year. Nothing has been small, its been huge life changing things.

I thought for the last 35 years that once I stopped working full-time I would have time for all the things I loved, nope, I just don't have the heart to do anything for the holiday.

I did do my shopping and I wrapped it all today because the cable was out so I had no TV or internet all day.

I told DH I don't have the heart to put up a tree, send out card, bake a cookie. I hope I perk up.

powellrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #22
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

to everyone.

I can't seem to find the spirit either. I injured my ankle right before our trip to WDW in September, and it still hasn't healed. I finally, after much searching, found a great podiatrist who really seems to care. I've been in and out of a soft cast for 3 weeks now. Had to cancel today's appointment, though, because the bills are piling up with no end in sight. The ER wants their share, the ortho wants his share, my primary care doctor wants his share, the imaging center wants their share, and the podiatrist hasn't even started sending bills yet.

On top of that, our insurance is changing to a HD/HSA plan as of the first of the year. Yippee.

We went out and got our tree this past weekend. It's up and decorated. The lights are up outside. I'm trying, really trying, because my husband loves Christmas, and normally this is my favorite time of year. I've been listening to Christmas music and watching every movie and tv special that comes on, but I can't seem to get in the spirit.

I haven't bought a single gift, haven't cracked open the box of cards, nada. I did buy the candy and pretzels for making the gifts for our neighbors, so I guess that's something, right?

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #23
doxdogy
Owned by doxies!
I remember the day I turned into my parents

Me too. Forced out of my job in February. Finally found a job and the 8 weeks into the job, I had to have emergency surgery. Out of work for six weeks (without pay). Thankfully they did not fire me. Then the mom of a friend passed away in July.

Now comes the inevitable expectation of family members expecting us to travel to their house. I told DH next year we are leaving town.
doxdogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #24
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

I'm not either.

It has been a tough year for me. So I've been generally unhappy. No Christmas Cheer here.

We've been adjusting to being a civilian family again. No one pays our rent here lol.

We moved to NY. As a native Floridian this is a huge thing for me! We are also buying our first home which comes with it's own set of issues.(Plus our current living situation is not ideal.)

I also found out the day before yesterday that DH will be going back to AIT in order to re-class for his Reserves MOS. That leaves me alone in the dead of winter for the first time. I have never driven in snow or ice... Never shoveled. Should be awesome.
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17, #18, #19- The Strain Trilogy Guillermo Del Toro,
#20- A Discovery of Witches Deborah Harkness
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #25
TheIncredibles!
Winner (?) of the Crazy MIL Award!

I'm there with you. My father died suddenly in May. My mom died 11 years ago. They were 66 and 54 so relatively young I am only 42 and have no parents and it's hitting me very hard right now just like it did all those first holidays after my mom died.

Faking it for the kids pretty much. Thank goodness for my husband otherwise not much would be happening here.
TheIncredibles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #26
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

I'm with you.

Too much going on with my life to really feel any sort of holiday spirit.

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife,#16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker, #26 Rainshadow Road, #27 The Art of Hearing Heartbeats,#28 Little Bee,#29 The Art Forger, #30 One Plus One, #31 Double Whammy, #32 The Girl You Left Behind, #33 Orphan Train

Currently reading: #34 Big Little Lies

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #27
Terry36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
I'm with you.

Too much going on with my life to really feel any sort of holiday spirit.
MTE!!! Sigh
Terry36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #28
DVCJones
DIS Veteran

I'm going through the motions too this year. A lot on my plate and way too much to think about. It is hard to enjoy the season when you have so much on the mind. If it weren't for my kids, I probably wouldn't even have the tree up.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #29
carrie1626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4forMe View Post
I am really struggling with the holiday season this year.

I posted on the other thread (how you would grade this past year) about the terrible year this has been. I am still having a hard time coping with the death of my best friend. We had so many traditions we would do together this month for the holiday. I don't feel like celebrating. DH and I have barely any decorations up right now. We do have to put some up as we host Christmas Eve every year, but I just feel like doing the bare minimum.

I also feel terribly guilty because my kids love the Christmas season, and I'm just not into it this year.

Anyone else having a hard time with the holidays right now? If so, my thoughts are with you.

Thanks for listening.
I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I imagine everything is different because you are beginning the" life after....".

I have one thing to offer that I learned from someone else that attended a support group. Don't try to hide the sadness, instead take one or two of those traditions and honor your friend while doing them. This might mean being completely by yourself so you can "talk" to her, or maybe asking your spouse or children to help you accomplish..... because its something you and your friend did and it's still important to you.
God Bless.
2000 NOV Polynesian 2001 OCT AS Music 2002 AUG Grosvenor DD 2003 AUG DoubleTree DD 2004 NOV Port Orleans French Quarter 2006 NOV POP Century 2010 AUG Animal KingdomLodge 2011 NOV Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 NOV HGVC Internat'l Dr 25th Anniversary trip 2013 DEC Pop/CBR next trip not soon enough
carrie1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #30
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

I just wanted to send some Hugs to all of you suffering at this time. I hope that things turn around for you in a positive way, very soon. Its a difficult time of year for many, you are not alone! talking and grieving and sharing helps!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: