Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
DisneyLvr55
The thing swooped down, hit me in the face with its wing, scooped up my dog, and flew away

Talking Super excited - Semi surprise trip!!!

We are booked to go back next October and this trip our girls know about (major surprise last time). I loved surprising them last time, and have great memories (and video) of it, but I'm happy that they know about it this time because it was pure hell not being able to tell them for 9 months. Not to mention trying to plan it, put together suit cases, etc. with them around all the time...
So anyway, I just got a great idea

I'm going to tell them that we are leaving (driving down) on a Saturday, but we are really leaving on the Thursday before. So we are going to surprise them by saying, "Ok, get in the car for school." ...but we will be taking a bit of a detour!! Of course my inlaws and my father will be driving down with us, so them showing up will be hard to explain but I'm sure we will figure that in somehow! I'm so excited now - Its the best of both worlds! I get the talk to them about the Disney planning, AND I get to surprise them too!!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLvr55 View Post
We are booked to go back next October and this trip our girls know about (major surprise last time). I loved surprising them last time, and have great memories (and video) of it, but I'm happy that they know about it this time because it was pure hell not being able to tell them for 9 months. Not to mention trying to plan it, put together suit cases, etc. with them around all the time...
So anyway, I just got a great idea

I'm going to tell them that we are leaving (driving down) on a Saturday, but we are really leaving on the Thursday before. So we are going to surprise them by saying, "Ok, get in the car for school." ...but we will be taking a bit of a detour!! Of course my inlaws and my father will be driving down with us, so them showing up will be hard to explain but I'm sure we will figure that in somehow! I'm so excited now - Its the best of both worlds! I get the talk to them about the Disney planning, AND I get to surprise them too!!
That sounds like a great solution! I could never keep it to myself for months. I would miss the fun of talking about it all that time.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: