Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
Terk-1
Cinderella's Castle is My 2nd Home!! Only 1,302.5 miles from the Magic Kingdom!

Question Need DL Hotel Recommendation

Am planning a solo trip to Disneyland and am looking for a hotel recommendation. I am not renting a car and don't want to spend double/triple or more staying at a "Disney" hotel. Which "good neighbor" hotel would you recommend that is close to the parks? Is it safe in that area to walk to the park in the early am or in the evening?
80,82,85,88,90,93,94, 96 - ASMu, 97-98 - DxL, 99 - POFQ & BC, 00 - WL & POFQ, 01 - ASMo, 02 - Poly, 03 - CBR & WL, 04 -Pop, 05 - GC @ DL, 06 - POFQ, 07 - San Diego, 08 - San Diego (twice), 09 - Sports, 11 - Port Orleans French Quarter, 12 - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons
October 2013 - First Disney Cruise!!!! Western Caribbean on the Wonder
November-December 2013 - Art of Animation & Pop Century

November-December 2014 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy!!

Pictures & Video from November 2011 Trip! More to upload.

http://community.webshots.com/user/wdwfan6
Terk-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
danlkrim
Mouseketeer

A great thread with the hotel info you need

There is a current thread with updated info on the hotels within walking distance of DLR. It was started some time ago, but has been constantly updated.
I think it will give you the info you need.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2796786
Walt Disney World Feb 2012
Disneyland and California Adventure Feb 2013
WDW Nov 2013, Jan, Feb, April 2014,
danlkrim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
danaesacto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terk-1 View Post
Am planning a solo trip to Disneyland and am looking for a hotel recommendation. I am not renting a car and don't want to spend double/triple or more staying at a "Disney" hotel. Which "good neighbor" hotel would you recommend that is close to the parks? Is it safe in that area to walk to the park in the early am or in the evening?
With the large number of people going back and forth all day I feel it is safe. Just like any place, especially those areas with lots of tourists just be alert and aware.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
NWT
Thought the swim was more thrilling

A few years ago, I travelled with my little DD one year and we stayed at the Carousel. I felt safe walking to and from the park in the early mornings and late at nights.
December 1990 - Honeymoon - Disneyland, January 1997 - 1st DD's 1st trip to Disneyland, February 1998 - Trip with in-laws to Disneyland, October 2004 - 2nd DD's 1st trip to Disneyland, February 2007 - Our 1st Disney Cruise - 4 day Wonder & 1st trip to Walt Disney World, January 2009 - Just Momma and DD9 to Disneyland, Dec 31, 2009 to Jan 9, 2010- Disneyland - Just Momma, DH and DD10 (DD17 went to New York), June 2012 - Just Momma and DD20 Disney World - Star Wars Weekend!, Jan 27 - Feb 7, 2013 Niece's first trip, April/May 2015 - 25th Annivesary, just me and DH - WDW/ POR - 14 day Panama Canal Disney Cruise and DL-Disney Hotel - 4 weeks of Disney!

NWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #5
mouseymommy
I love the smell of Pirates

When we stay at the BWPPI I sometimes walk back to the room by myself at night. It is right at the crosswalk to DLR.
mouseymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #6
Kittyskyfish
Wee little ears...

DH and I are two adults (no kids) who go to DL every year. This past week we stayed at the Fairfield because it is the hotel we prefer out of all the ones we've stayed at in the past. The location is very convenient, it's updated, clean, and comfortable, and there's enough food on the premises or in the parking lot area (McDonalds, Mimi's Cafe, Millie's Bakery) to satisfy us if we need a breakfast or dinner and don't feel like walking far. We've also always had great experiences with the hotel staff. They straightened out a problem with our booking from hotels.com and did a follow-up call to our room to make sure everything was okay. Nice.

We've chosen the HOJO too but only for the discount. The room quality is better at the Fairfield (IMO).

Another good option is the Candy Cane Inn. Very clean, updated, comfortable beds. My only issue is it's 2-story and we can hear car noises in the parking lot more at that motel.

Harbor Blvd is very safe.
Kittyskyfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: