Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #31
DollBabyKG
Mouseketeer

Luigis' for sure. We waited "20" minutes for it (really more like 30) and underwhelmed doesn't even begin to describe what we thought. It was boring, we barely moved and there was no point. I wouldn't even ride it again if it was a walk on.

I also second the feelings on Roger Rabbit. It's okay, and I'd ride it if the lines were shorter, but I won't wait for it more than 5 minutes.
DollBabyKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #32
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

We only ride RR with a FP, won't do it if we have to wait in line. Although we do like the line decor and we will walk through it if the line is 10 minutes or so. lol I know that's a contradiction but it's true.
Rocket Rods.....OMG that ride sucked!! And we went right after it opened so the lines were insane! NEVER again. lol
Little Mermaid, I guess I was just expecting more and we did a AP preview so we had a long line, we waited about an hour to get on it and then I was let down. I like it well enough, but I won't ride it if the line is more then 10-20 minutes.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #33
Blue32
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcla View Post
It's not like any other similar ride. Its speed is considerably slower than most bumper car rides I've ridden. The Tuck and Roll gibberish did make things a bit more interesting. My kid loved it though, and my wife probably wouldn't let us ride a real bumper car.
YES! These bumper cars are extremely slow! I hope I don't have to ride these again. I actually kind of like a bumper car ride now and then at our local amusement park but these things were a major let down even for this type of ride.
Blue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #34
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

I always felt Roger rabbit was the worst ride ever until Luigis.... That was the worst waste of 15 minutes I ever spent in my life lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 12-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #35
gtrain219
Gotta have my DVC

We went on Luigi's for the first time over Thanksgiving. We waited about 20 minutes and that was to long. If the tires were controlled better it would be a fun ride. I wouldn't be suprised to see more tweaks to that ride down the road.

gtrain219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #36
SeanCLV
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightred View Post
Autopia! I know it's a classic, but we waited so long in the rain last time we were there, and it was a huge let down. A CM had to actually get in the car with my son to finish driving for him. He was 9 at the time, but is autistic. He insisted on driving the car alone. He had traffic backed up forever while I was screaming in the car ahead of him, "push the pedal, go"!! What a nightmare! Maybe when he's older, but with a fastpass!

Midnightred
When we went on Autopia last week, we stood on our waiting numbers where you load in the car for several minutes, even the other track had come, unloaded, and departed already and we were still waiting, although some of the first cars had come back. Finally this girl, probably about 10 or so pulls up very slowly in her car, she must've been having issues with the pedal or the engine (I know my engine stalled 3x).

The girl did not look happy. Finally a CM helped her get her car to her number spot. The second she got out of the car ride she just burst into tears and hugged her Dad who was behind her. I felt so bad for her. I just push the pedal for my daughter while she steers, even for me an adult, on some of those cars I have to push down hard on that pedal to get the car moving. Between that and the car stalling and the fumes, I'd say that it is past time for Autopia to get a major overhaul or be closed.
SeanCLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #37
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCLV View Post
When we went on Autopia last week, we stood on our waiting numbers where you load in the car for several minutes, even the other track had come, unloaded, and departed already and we were still waiting, although some of the first cars had come back. Finally this girl, probably about 10 or so pulls up very slowly in her car, she must've been having issues with the pedal or the engine (I know my engine stalled 3x).

The girl did not look happy. Finally a CM helped her get her car to her number spot. The second she got out of the car ride she just burst into tears and hugged her Dad who was behind her. I felt so bad for her. I just push the pedal for my daughter while she steers, even for me an adult, on some of those cars I have to push down hard on that pedal to get the car moving. Between that and the car stalling and the fumes, I'd say that it is past time for Autopia to get a major overhaul or be closed.
I'd say at the very least they should be retrofitting them with fuel-injected engines and catalytic converters. I shudder to think what it was like in the 50s/60s when they had even less advanced carbs and were using leaded gas.
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #38
kayleigh83
Plotting my return...

We waited about the same length of time for Nemo and Luigi's (first time on both) this summer, probably a little longer for Luigi's. But I actually quite enjoyed Luigi's and would ride again, but Nemo I was kind of underwhelmed by.
kayleigh83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #39
Meech Loves Mickey
Mouseketeer

We just got back last night! I agree that Luigi's is lame. We waited 30 min for that ride, never again. It was too much work to lean to get your tire to move.

RSR was an awesome ride, but if we didn't get a FP, I wouldn't ride it. I personally don't feel ANY ride is worth more than a 30-40 min wait.

My toddler LOVED Hemlich's train. We probably rode it with him 5 or 6 times. My older DS rode it too, but he was just riding to be with his brother, and wasn't really that into it.

~ May 2014 WDW Bay Lake Tower
~ Feb 2014 Disneyland Resort (Solo Trip!)
~ May 2013 WDW Bay Lake Tower
~ Dec 2012 Disneyland & Disney California Adventure
~ May 2012 WDW Bay Lake Tower
~ Oct 2011 WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge & Dream Cruise
~ May 2011 WDW Swan
~ Dec 2010 WDW Coronado Springs
~ Sept 2009 WDW Port Orleans French Quarter
~ Oct 2008 WDW Hilton at Downtown Disney
~ Nov 2005 Disneyland
~ May 2002 WDW Off Property
~ March 2001 WDW Off Property
Meech Loves Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #40
Priory
Mouseketeer

I know they removed the joysticks from Luigis shortly before opening. I don't know why. It seems if you could control the tire it would be more fun. Maybe it didn't work.
Priory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #41
greenkai3000
Mouseketeer

Uhm, does World of Color count? Got my FPs first thing in the morning last year, and even got Front Row in the blue section. Sadly the show did not live up to all the hype or my expectations . Specially not after seen Dreams! at DL Paris. Now that's a show worth getting FPs for, which you don't need at all.

Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Resort Riverside August 2013.

Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012, Off-Site December 2013 .

Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0960612&type=3

greenkai3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #42
jkattk
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkai3000 View Post
Uhm, does World of Color count? Got my FPs first thing in the morning last year, and even got Front Row in the blue section. Sadly the show did not live up to all the hype or my expectations . Specially not after seen Dreams! at DL Paris. Now that's a show worth getting FPs for, which you don't need at all.

Does anyone else think World of Color isn't worth it? I was planning to keep my 5 year old up late the last 2 nights of our trip to see both World of Color and Fantasmic but if World of Color isn't really great then this isn't worth it - it will seem extra late to him since I'll have kept us on CST in order to make 7 am EMH each day!
jkattk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #43
Casey's Mommie
Nothing makes a Mommy happier than hearing her baby laugh!

I wasn't into WOC either. We saw it once, and I don't think I'll ever see it again. Just not worth it for me. I do like Fantasmic though!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #44
furb & dez
City Bear Jamboreers

WOC is definitely yawn-tastic.
Our first trip to WDW! Had fun, a bit disappointed in the lack of things to keep us busy. Next trip: eh, 5 years perhaps? Don't understand the psychosis of wasting time trying to meet actors in fursuits or princess costumes, but, wev...
furb & dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #45
SeanCLV
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meech Loves Mickey View Post

My toddler LOVED Hemlich's train. We probably rode it with him 5 or 6 times. My older DS rode it too, but he was just riding to be with his brother, and wasn't really that into it.
Our kids are 6 and 7 and they still love going on Heimlich's Train. I actually sort of like it too, line is always short and it is a good sit down break ride, like Little Mermaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkattk View Post
Does anyone else think World of Color isn't worth it? I was planning to keep my 5 year old up late the last 2 nights of our trip to see both World of Color and Fantasmic but if World of Color isn't really great then this isn't worth it - it will seem extra late to him since I'll have kept us on CST in order to make 7 am EMH each day!
I like WOC better than the fireworks and Fantasmic. The only thing I don't like about is that it is really hard for short kids to see. So I always end up with one of my kids on my shoulders for 20 minutes or so.
SeanCLV is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: