Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Would you avoid WCC even if staying at WL?

And here I'm talking a relatively inexpensive breakfast on a low-key, non-park day.

Or do you think it's worth the trouble to go to one of the Monorail resorts for a quiet table service breakfast (probably GF Cafe as we're already planning breakfast at Kona on a different day and, for whatever reason, I just can't get that excited about The Wave).

Wherever we choose, we'd probably order something like pancakes or an omlette off the menu (and not the WCC breakfast platter).

I guess another way of asking this is - are the menu items and overall dining experience that much better at GF Cafe than WCC that it's worth a WL guest traveling over to the GF on a non-park day?
Old 03-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
VillianDiva
Falling in LOVE with Disney!

I really enjoy the WCC breakfast. I haven't been to GF so I really can't compare but my son really liked it as well.

'08 (Dolphin) , '09 (All-Star Music),
Disneyland 2011, and 2012 (POP)!

December 2013! (POFQ)
May 2014! POP!!

Last edited by VillianDiva; 03-05-2013 at 05:03 PM. Reason: add content!
VillianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
And here I'm talking a relatively inexpensive breakfast on a low-key, non-park day.

Or do you think it's worth the trouble to go to one of the Monorail resorts for a quiet table service breakfast (probably GF Cafe as we're already planning breakfast at Kona on a different day and, for whatever reason, I just can't get that excited about The Wave).

Wherever we choose, we'd probably order something like pancakes or an omlette off the menu (and not the WCC breakfast platter).

I guess another way of asking this is - are the menu items and overall dining experience that much better at GF Cafe than WCC that it's worth a WL guest traveling over to the GF on a non-park day?
Here's my 2 cents on that...pass on GF and WCC, you are a quick boat ride away from The Wave at CR (there's a boat that runs between CR, FW & WL). IMHO The Wave has the best breakfast/buffet in all of WDW. It's quick and not real busy (no characters) and if you don't feel like eating buffet you can order off a regular menu. (and it's "reasonable")

This is a "must" do breakfast for us whenever at WDW. If we're not staying at an MK resort we will eat at The Wave on our MK day.

Feel free to check out my review:
http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/w...ast-review.htm
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #4
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Not better, just a very different everything.
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:

If all you're after is eggs, pancakes, waffles, and the like, you might consider Roaring Fork over WCC for less cost. If you'd like a bit more variety, FW has a breakfast buffet that is better than WCC offerings, plus it offers you the chance to take a leisurely stroll to and from WL-FW. I wouldn't say we avoid WCC when we stay at the Lodge, but it's nowhere near the top of our list for any meal.

sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #6
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

I stayed at WL and found breakfast at WCC to be great. It's similar to what you would find anywhere. I mean, how hard is it to cook eggs? Even the breakfast at Roaring Forks is pretty good. I'd take the time and trouble to travel for lunch and dinner, because there's lots of room to screw up on those, but for breakfast, the offerings at WCC are just fine.
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

If we were staying at WL, yes we would eat at WCC for breakfast and probably Lunch.

We always try to utilize the TS restaurants were we are staying.

It is perfect for a last day breakfast before leaving or if you plan to hang out at the pool.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #8
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

I'd avoid WCC no matter where I was staying
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #9
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncleromulus
I'd avoid WCC no matter where I was staying
Us too. We did not have a great experience for dinner. Breakfast wasn't too bad.
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #10
aml3679
Kita's Mom

We are staying at The Wilderness Lodge this coming December and I am sure that we will eat breakfast during the week at least twice. We are on the Deluxe Dining Plan. My husband has nerve damage in his ears and cannot be in any place where there is a lot of loud conversation at once. If we go at breakfast time during the week, I think it will be much more subdued.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #11
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

You might be wrong.

There is always screaming, yelling, food cart "stomping", stick horse races, paper throwing, etc etc at any breakfast at WCC.

Which is why we went just once and won't return----
Vacation Club since 1992
Old 03-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #12
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncleromulus View Post
You might be wrong.

There is always screaming, yelling, food cart "stomping", stick horse races, paper throwing, etc etc at any breakfast at WCC.

Which is why we went just once and won't return----
Sorry, not true.

We went there for breakfast at 8:30 on a Saturday before we returned home. The place was empty, and it was a very relaxed meal.

We did go for dinner, and it was crowded, like you described, but I think it depends largely on when you go.

If you went "just once", then how do you know what it's "always" like?
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #13
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

I just recall on one of our "stays" at WL our room was on a lower floor over the registration/check-in area, never again, we knew when the restaurant opened and knew when dinner started, etc. (the cow bell thing/triangle whatever it was, ugh!!...and then the yelling, etc) Never needed an alarm clock and if wanted a nap later we knew we had to go back to our room pretty early

Ever since I ALWAYS request a room as far away from the lobby as possible. Now this was when they were consistently heavy on the antics and noise, don't know if it's changed, but I can say we have been there for lunch in recent times which wasn't bad. Food was pretty good and it was pretty empty since it was at the end of the lunch window so it was quiet. Our server tried to do some "match-making" with my dd though (and my dd did NOT like that) with another boy at another table. Luckily everyone had a sense of humor about it (except my dd)...so she's not in a hurry to go back there.

SO even if we were staying at WL, we'd skip WCC. I agree with another poster, if we wanted the breakfast or dinner food we'd head to FW's TE buffet. Similar offerings for a much more reasonable cost.
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #14
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

Ginny:

We always walk by WCC going to a good restaurant--Artist Point or to the Territory Lounge--always screaming and yelling going on.

And almost every breakfast meal post about WCC contains similar experiences.

MY advice----anyone going to WCC for ANY meal thinking it will be quiet had better think twice.
Vacation Club since 1992
Old 03-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #15
hoosll
DIS Veteran

I would recommend either the FW Trail's End breakfast buffet or The Wave at CR. Both are easily accesible by boat from WL. To get to Poly or GF you would have to take the boat to MK and then take another boat to either Poly or GF (or take boat to CR and monorail to Poly or GF). I was also impressed by the Contempo CS at CR for meals, but it would be busier.

We have eaten breakfast at Roaring Forks at WL many times. Costs are reasonable. The dining area is usually not crazy full and there are also some outside tables. We have also picked up our food there and taken the tray back to our room.
WL - Feb '02; WL - Sep '03 Big Willie's B-day
WL- Dec '04 MY B-day
WL - Nov '06 - Big Willie retires
BWV - Nov '07 Midweek long weekend
WL - Apr '12 Me, DD, and DGS4, DGS2 -their 1st trip!
FW - Dec '12 First time in RV; Feb '13 Midwinter escape; Feb '14 Snowbirds!
hoosll is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: