Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
GoofyDad1970
Earning My Ears

Nestle Delicias Frozen Pineapple Fruitbars

These are sold on Disney properties on the ice cream carts and they are fantastic. Has anyone ever seen them in a store? I live in Chicago and I have looked everywhere. Nestle has them on their website but there is no info:

http://www.drumstick.com/nestle/bars...pineapple.aspx

I have found Edy's Frozen Pineapple Fruit Bars and they are good, but not quite AS good. On the other hand, I know Nestle is affiliated with (or owns) Edy's, so maybe they are the same and it's all in my head (i.e., the Nestle Delicias tastes better because I am enjoying it at Disney).

Anyway, does anyone know where I can purchase the Nestle bars? I called Nestle, to no avail. Thanks.
GoofyDad1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #2
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

No I have never seen that. I have only seen the WholeFruit Pineapple bars. Those are pretty good but I agree the ones at Disney are better.

Maybe check out a hispanic market? Those look to be a hispanic marketed product.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #3
M-I-C-K-E-Y
DIS Veteran

Hi GoofyDad,

There's this amazing little place in the Chicago suburbs (Brookfield) that we discovered last summer, Ice Cream Planet. They have a HUGE selection and the owner told me they can fill orders for just about anything they don't stock. I checked their website and they have a Blue Bunny pineapple bar that looks good. They seem to be closed for the winter, but will re-open in the spring. Call them and see if they can order your bar--or even better--drop by when the weather warms up with a large cooler!!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:56 AM   #4
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
No I have never seen that. I have only seen the WholeFruit Pineapple bars. Those are pretty good but I agree the ones at Disney are better.

Maybe check out a hispanic market? Those look to be a hispanic marketed product.
A Mexican market is what I was thinking. We have a Mexican market close to us, that we go to sometimes just for their very good meat and produce. They have a chest type cooler with sliding glass doors at the end of their produce section that has frozen fruit bars, with chunks of fresh fruit in them. They are sold individually, not in boxes. I remember them having strawberry, coconut, mango, and pineapple bars, but am not sure if they are the Nestle brand or not. I seem to think they are though. I know they are really good. My grandkids love them. The pkg says Delicias, just like the one in the OP picture.

Last edited by aubriee; 03-06-2013 at 06:09 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #5
GoofyDad1970
Earning My Ears

I tried a couple Mexican grocery stores with no luck. Please let me know if anyone comes across them! Thanks.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #6
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

Actually, they were just brought into our local grocery store, a Price Chopper, a few weeks ago. I was shopping for Skinny Cow stuff and I just noticed it. That said, it's at one Price Chopper here locally, but not the other. They are single serve, in a little bin by where they keep the single serve Ben and Jerry's, Edy's, etc.
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #7
GoofyDad1970
Earning My Ears

I found them on the Kroger's website but, sadly, there are no Kroger's stores in the Chicago area.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: