Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #106
donaldlovesdaisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez View Post
Foodie: Name given to one who is considered knowledgeable about a wide range of foods. An expert on food.

DIS Foodie: A person who eats vast quantities of food, usually paid for through a dining (or "dinning" in the DIS vernacular) plan, and whose expertise is limited to chicken nuggets, pizza, and ice cream bars. Foodies are self-identified and usually dine with family members described as picky. Picky eaters, which can sometimes be child-like male adults, only eat foods high in carbohydrates (such as chicken nuggets, pizza and ice cream bars.)
donaldlovesdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #107
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez View Post
Foodie: Name given to one who is considered knowledgeable about a wide range of foods. An expert on food.

DIS Foodie: A person who eats vast quantities of food, usually paid for through a dining (or "dinning" in the DIS vernacular) plan, and whose expertise is limited to chicken nuggets, pizza, and ice cream bars. Foodies are self-identified and usually dine with family members described as picky. Picky eaters, which can sometimes be child-like male adults, only eat foods high in carbohydrates (such as chicken nuggets, pizza and ice cream bars.)
Bravo...well done.
mickeysgal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #108
kimblebee
now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez

For the WIN!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #109
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimblebee View Post
I just thought of a phrase that I look for in certain threads...

What is wrong with people??!
I say that often because I really am trying to figure it out.

And a Dis Foodie also eats massive amounts of (hopefully free) Disney food and then screams "Food Poisoning!" when they are throwing up in the bathroom.

I do not like to read "hubs" and "sleeps" as in "4 more sleeps until we leave for Disney!"

And not here, but in my SS class, (which does not make my comment religious! ) the phrase "cesspool of filth" is almost used weekly by a guy who has nothing positive to say about life.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #110
ebtbmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckalew11 View Post

And not here, but in my SS class, (which does not make my comment religious! ) the phrase "cesspool of filth" is almost used weekly by a guy who has nothing positive to say about life.
Cesspool of filth? I love it, we could start a new thread of favorite DIS words/sayings, I want to steal that one!
11/2004 1st trip, ASM,11/2006 2nd trip, POP,6/2008 day trip DLR,11/2008 3rd trip, POP,1/2010 DLR at DLH!,1/2011 1st solo POFQ, 11/2011 POR, 3/2012 B-day trip! 10/2012 POP, 6/2013 day trip DLP 11/2013 POP 2/2014 CSR 2nd solo!

ebtbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #111
lauracitawita
Mouseketeer

It bothers me so much when people say "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less".

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
lauracitawita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #112
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by furb & dez View Post
Troll is just a word used by people unable to logically refute another person's opinion. It's easier for some people to just call you a name when they lack the ability to form reasonable arguments...
Is this OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauracitawita View Post
It bothers me so much when people say "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less".

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Is it still OK?

Mine is not really overused as much as it's incorrectly used and that would be the word "Rude". That word is used for every single thing that a person hears or witnesses that they don't agree with. For example, If someone stands in line for a character meet and when they get close to the front it is announced that the character has to take a break now. Then they get upset with the CM and tell them that they have to leave and they really wanted to see Bozo (or whomever). The CM is being rude to them when they are told that the character has to go in so they will either have to wait or do something else. That isn't rude, that is telling it like it is. I believe it's called information dispensing. Or how Rude a CM was being when they told them that they couldn't use FP 40 minutes after the window. How Rude! They wouldn't let me do exactly what I wanted to do...they are so rude.

Sorry to do all this venting and I don't want to be rude, but it is what it is and I must go make a sammie, kiss my preggo wife good night and end with this! Whatever!
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #113
Kathryn Merteuil
Barden Bella

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh6890 View Post
If you ask Judge Judy, she would definately say....."basically"....
I have noticed that too.
Kathryn Merteuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:48 PM   #114
kimblebee
now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

Ok.i.will.admit.to.doing.this.a.time.or.two.can.yo u.guess.what.it.is.?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #115
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Ah, yes. Dinning. Dinning is vastly overused on the DIS - especially considering it isn't even a word!
kaytieeldr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #116
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtototoo View Post
I cannot abide it when people - grown adults who I assume function as adults in real life -- infantilize themselves by talking like toddlers. Example:

sammie
sammich
samwich
kindy
kiddos
kidlets
yummers
twinsies
ressie
preggers
preggo
furbaby

When I see/hear baby talk by adults, it makes me want to throw something breakable against the wall. It especially squicks me out when I hear an adult woman talking that way to her SO.
I can see why that would be annoying, but I have to admit I don't think other than kiddos I have ever heard or seen ANYONE use those terms.
Some may be regional. I know when I am in St Louis everyone calls soft drinks "sodie", never heard that anywhere else. I understand that in Atlanta every thing is a Coke, and in Texas Dr. Pepper, and New York, Pepsi.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #117
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauracitawita View Post
Yes! Or, "I'm not for sure".
Old 12-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #118
Nancy
I get all twitterpatted when he does that!
I eat hot dogs from both ends
Oh Mom, that's so tacky..we live in an upscale area
SHH, don't tell anyone but I'm on the computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Dolly View Post
Hubbins is even worse.
Add hubs to that one. I'd rather see DH than hubs or hubbins.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #119
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
Some may be regional. I know when I am in St Louis everyone calls soft drinks "sodie", never heard that anywhere else.
I've lived near STL my whole life & can only recall a couple of small children ever calling a soft drink "sodie". "Soda" is the typical STL moniker.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #120
kaligal
DIS Veteran

. Starting a sentence with "Yeah" and "Yes" in response to a question nobody asked or was even thinking. This is always done as it relates to the poster, personally.

I wish posters would stop assuming people are wondering something about them. If they want to share info that nobody cares about, just do it. Don't start it off with, "Yeah -" as if confirming the thing you just knew we were all thinking.

. "Wow. Just wow." If you're such a dimwit that you truly cannot come up with anything else to say, say nothing. If you think that is in any way clever, it is not. If you are going to repeat something that other people say, pick something clever.

. Saying, "It isn't a right," when what you mean is, "You aren't entitled to it." There is a huge difference and...it usually is a right. You have the right to drive a Mercedes Benz.

. Using the word "hyperbole" when what you mean is "an exaggeration." I don't think I've ever seen anyone use that word correctly.

. Saying "literally" when what you mean is "figuratively."

I do enjoy it when people say they were electrocuted. That is fun.
Fantasmic sucks.

Last edited by kaligal; 12-06-2012 at 11:11 PM.
kaligal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: