Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
tinks_1989
need a like button

Back from our Christmas trip - Our Highs

Back home again.

Sunday morning I woke up checked the weather it was so bad I didnt even want to go. Well I am so glad we did we had an amazing time

Highs -

Sequoia Lodge - WOW, our room was AMAZING, we had a huge bed and a huge balcony. The balcony was massive. OK it didn't have a great room just of trees (that did have Christmas lights in) and the hotel but we were really chuffed with it. Elsie had a little thumper teddy waiting for her. The Christmas decorations were amazing.

Character's - We didn't do any character meals just meet and greets (only one scrum). The characters were just amazing great interaction with Elsie. Pluto in the hotel yesterday morning was brilliant wouldn't let her go.

Christmas - Loved it. WOW! The decorations, the cavalcade, the tree lighting, the castle, the music, the atmosphere just loved it.

Thought this next one would be my low but

Weather - Ok it was wet and cold (not as cold as I had planned but it was) When it was wet it kept the crowds really low. We battled the rain as we only had one full day and the queues were really short. We waited under half hour to meet the Princesses.

Our only low

Easyjet - I will never fly Easy jet ever again. Awful company. LONG STORY but that will be our last flight with them we will pay the extra for Air France if we go again.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
MichyDLP
Earning My Ears

Glad you had a brilliant time. We just got back ourselves & had a fantastic trip too.
MichyDLP is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #3
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichyDLP View Post
Glad you had a brilliant time. We just got back ourselves & had a fantastic trip too.
Thats good. Where did you stay?
Old 12-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
MichyDLP
Earning My Ears

We stayed in the Cheyenne
MichyDLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #5
paulinefc
From Dublin Ireland. I have caught the disney bug!

we had a horrible time with Airfrance before, but only once out of the 4 times I've flown with them. We are going with Aerlingus this time.
Every seems to be so pleased with the character interaction too
Jan 2013 NYH, 3 nights (the one without the kids)
paulinefc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinefc
we had a horrible time with Airfrance before, but only once out of the 4 times I've flown with them. We are going with Aerlingus this time.
Every seems to be so pleased with the character interaction too
Oh no really. The service we received was awful.

They were all really great I miss it already x
Old 12-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
megarasweet
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #8
Froop
Earning My Ears

Glad you had a great time, we go on Sunday and i feel very heartened by all the positive highs and relatively few lows. We are flying easyjet from Glasgow and hoping we don't get same poor experience that you've had!
Froop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #9
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by megarasweet View Post
Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

We really did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froop View Post
Glad you had a great time, we go on Sunday and i feel very heartened by all the positive highs and relatively few lows. We are flying easyjet from Glasgow and hoping we don't get same poor experience that you've had!
I hope you don't too. Ours was due to flying with an infant though. X
Old 12-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #10
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

What did they do Leanne?
We found them ok for Paris - Naples until we got to Naples where the pilot flung the plane onto the runway.
So thrilled that ye had a great trip, did it make up for the last one?xx

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May *** Disneyland Hotel - November

Upcoming Trips:
2015 Kyriad/Newport - March 2016 Sequoia Lodge - January
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #11
Disney Princesses LW
Mouseketeer

back already glad you had a great time next stop florida
Disneyland Paris Feb 2012, Oct 2012 and March 2013
just booked again
Walt Disney World September 2014

Disney Princesses LW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #12
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Yay - glad you had a great trip. I came back gushing about ours as it was so magical . The whole place just had an amazing atmosphere didn't it .

The main lows we had was Air France - didn't find them very good at all tbh. Everyone is different though. For a short break, we ended up being delayed by almost 6 hours if you add up both ways . We have always flown EJ before this and we found them fine. No option for us now though as EJ don't fly from our airport anymore. One positive for AF was their terminal is way better than the old terminal EJ use - being stuck there for over 4 hours wasn't fun on Sunday, but at least the terminal was better, dread to think what it would have been like in the EJ terminal for so long. But then, the delay probably wouldn't have happened - it was because the AF (Cityjet) airplane broke, they couldn't fix it and had to get a new one + crew out to us!

Pleased you got a nice room at the SL - ours was lovely at the DLH and for the first time DM got two beds in her room too (we got interconnecting). This was handy on the Friday night when we went for a meal and the girls went to bed . I am really pleased we stayed at the DLH again as it was gorgeous - but I'd still like to try the SL. DH isn't keen to go back next year though so I think it might be a while before we get a Disney fix again .

Can't believe you are off to WDW so soon - lucky thing . May as well do it while Elsie is young and the cost isn't as high . Did you ever book for the DCL?
Old 12-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #13
Donald Ducks wife
DIS Veteran

We found air france terrible, but easy jet were fantastic with us last month.

Can I ask what your experience was?
November 2012 - Santa Fe DLP
March 2013 - Cheyanne DLP
October 2013 - Santa Fe DLP
April 2014 - Hotel New York DLP
October 2014 - Hotel New York DLP

March 2015 - Hotel New York DLP

Donald Ducks wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #14
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
What did they do Leanne?
We found them ok for Paris - Naples until we got to Naples where the pilot flung the plane onto the runway.
So thrilled that ye had a great trip, did it make up for the last one?xx
Flying out from Bristol we had no problem had 2 bags (hand luggage size but suitcases) and a back pack. No problem there didn't even mention how many bags we had.

On our way back we checked the pushchair in straight away as we had got to the airport really early and there wasn't any one in the line at easyjet. She asked to see our bags and asked why we had 3. We said it was one each. No Elsie wasn't aloud a bag she is an infant. We said but we flew out with 3 no you must pay £40 or 50 euro or we would have to leave the bag which would then get us in trouble for then leaving our bag unattended threatening to have us arrested. She kept our boarding cards as we said we couldn't afford it and weren't happy with it. We walked off we were called to come and speak to a manager (they were really brilliant) they said the bags were fine as the back only had nappies, wipes and passports in and apologised for the trouble.

It was just how rude and aggressive this member of staff were to us. Threatening us and trying to stop us from getting on our flight. We were tired and stressed and probably seemed a lot worse to us at the time but we didn't feel comfortable with it.

We paid £47.98 for dave and I each return we get a seat and a bag
We pid £40 for Elsie and they were telling us she doesn't even get to take her nappies. They are expecting us to squeeze everything in two bags. Do these people have kids and know how much you have to take with them! I am not paying an extra £18 for a holiday bag when it wasn't really needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Princesses LW View Post
back already glad you had a great time next stop florida
I know 8 weeks tomorrow. I can't believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post
Yay - glad you had a great trip. I came back gushing about ours as it was so magical . The whole place just had an amazing atmosphere didn't it .

The main lows we had was Air France - didn't find them very good at all tbh. Everyone is different though. For a short break, we ended up being delayed by almost 6 hours if you add up both ways . We have always flown EJ before this and we found them fine. No option for us now though as EJ don't fly from our airport anymore. One positive for AF was their terminal is way better than the old terminal EJ use - being stuck there for over 4 hours wasn't fun on Sunday, but at least the terminal was better, dread to think what it would have been like in the EJ terminal for so long. But then, the delay probably wouldn't have happened - it was because the AF (Cityjet) airplane broke, they couldn't fix it and had to get a new one + crew out to us!

Pleased you got a nice room at the SL - ours was lovely at the DLH and for the first time DM got two beds in her room too (we got interconnecting). This was handy on the Friday night when we went for a meal and the girls went to bed . I am really pleased we stayed at the DLH again as it was gorgeous - but I'd still like to try the SL. DH isn't keen to go back next year though so I think it might be a while before we get a Disney fix again .

Can't believe you are off to WDW so soon - lucky thing . May as well do it while Elsie is young and the cost isn't as high . Did you ever book for the DCL?
Yeah Elsie is complete free on our next trip we booked through Disney and they even waved the £150 virgin charged for flight. She gets a full luggage allowance push chair and car seat.

No didnt book our cruise. I priced it up by the time we had flight (dreaded easyjet again) hotel, spends, cruise it was nearly £4,000 for 7 nights more then our WDW holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Ducks wife View Post
We found air france terrible, but easy jet were fantastic with us last month.

Can I ask what your experience was?
I have just posted above.

The rest of the crew were great all us families seemed to be sat together which was quiet nice. Elsie loved the other kids and babies.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #15
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

I know, I have heard that DCL are way too expensive for what you get.

As for EJ, to be fair, I think it is CDG full stop - will send you a pm .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: