Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
GoofyTwinDad
Mouseketeer

2014 Prices

Already see that DCL did not learn from their 2013 overly inflated prices. Am I the only one to feel they are taking advantage of their loyal customers by gouging the initial pricing? With four ships in FL at the same time there will be incredible last minute fare specials to try and fill their ships. I foresee plenty KFO opportunities for the first half of 2013.

I will not be falling into their trap by booking our cruise tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
Raspberry Beret
Mouseketeer

I'll be waiting for some of those amazing discounts, I predict we will see.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 07:46 AM   #3
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

I'm moving an OBB to secure the rooms but will have no problem canceling if the current trend of discounts continues closer to the sail date. We ae banking on a *GT rate for this spring as well, b/c they want more than we are willing to pay, even with the OBB discount.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
TifffanyD
Agreeing and making sense are not the same thing
I need to reload

Yup and KFO does us no good at all as we are 2A (who spend way too much money onboard)... they'd be better to just offer real pricing. Bah!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #5
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

We have transferred our OBBs just to push the dates out. There is no way that we will cruise at the prices for the dates our TA will be moving them to. This is the first opening day that I have been very disappointed. Have started asking around for information on other lines.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #6
Poohbug
Sherlocked

I agree.

I have OBB's that I think I will just cancel as DCL is not offering anything that appeals to us. I have also lost faith in DCL to make the right decisions for my family after the Sandy fiasco.

I think we will be sticking to land based vacations or check out RCCL. If we do decide to try DCL again, we can always book a last minute cruise for a much better deal.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #7
TifffanyD
Agreeing and making sense are not the same thing
I need to reload

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
We have transferred our OBBs just to push the dates out. There is no way that we will cruise at the prices for the dates our TA will be moving them to. This is the first opening day that I have been very disappointed. Have started asking around for information on other lines.
Yup I feel like I am going through mini stages of grief. LOL... disbelief...anger...acceptance... and now, joy. The OBB and such has had me mostly glued to DCL even tho I want to try (and go back to) some other lines. Now I am feeling some freedom. Just a bummer that we will finally be platinum after the cruise next week and don't see ourselves using it.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #8
ragdoll
DIS Veteran

We are platinum. I am so over DCL. Didn't even remember that today was platinum booking day. Just don't care anymore. DCL has gotten way too greedy.
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #9
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

I gotta say I'm a bit surprised at these prices. I would think that DCL would have started at lower price point to avoid discounting later, which IMO, devalues the product.

I did move a dummy booking out to a 2014 date but I probably won't keep it.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #10
2CME911
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyTwinDad View Post
Already see that DCL did not learn from their 2013 overly inflated prices. Am I the only one to feel they are taking advantage of their loyal customers by gouging the initial pricing? With four ships in FL at the same time there will be incredible last minute fare specials to try and fill their ships. I foresee plenty KFO opportunities for the first half of 2013.

I will not be falling into their trap by booking our cruise tomorrow.
I'm glad you posted this thread. You are definitely NOT alone feeling this way. I'm sitting here on the sidelines today as a Silver cruiser and thinking to myself 'If this is what opening day prices are like, what the heck is it going to cost me tomorrow?'. We'll take a look at it for sure, but the prices are clearly still way too high. Did you hear that Micheal? Your product is OVERPRICED! Maybe that has something to do...wait, don't tell me...they're not listening anyway, right?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #11
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

I posted on the Dream thread hoping somebody could tell me 'ballpark' re our new rate will be when i move res tomorrow.

Couldn't tell from the few posts listed if the '14 rates had moderated, appears not from this thread.Guess I better brace myself, rough waters ahead.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #12
GoofyTwinDad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CME911

I'm glad you posted this thread. You are definitely NOT alone feeling this way. I'm sitting here on the sidelines today as a Silver cruiser and thinking to myself 'If this is what opening day prices are like, what the heck is it going to cost me tomorrow?'. We'll take a look at it for sure, but the prices are clearly still way too high. Did you hear that Micheal? Your product is OVERPRICED! Maybe that has something to do...wait, don't tell me...they're not listening anyway, right?
I don't think DCL has any idea how to get their proverbial hand out of the cookie jar. They went to far with their pricing last year and now they risk losing their 2013 season if they reprice fares to a more customary level.

Unfortunately, I think this is the future of DCL. Gouge loyal customers and reward FL residents with unbelievable discounts.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #13
hudson3709
"It started with a mouse"

I was planning to move a dummy date, but I might have to cancel. We had plans to do a family cruise with my wife's family in 2014 and one with my family in 2015. We cannot afford the prices that people have been posting.

Looks like we will be doing an All-Inclusive in 2014, and maybe another cruise line in 2015. We were going to make it to gold status, not sure about that now.
hudson3709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #14
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyTwinDad
Unfortunately, I think this is the future of DCL. Gouge loyal customers and reward FL residents with unbelievable discounts.
Ok I am a FL resident & although I love the discounts, I'd much prefer to book opening day & have my cruise on the books & not wait until the last minute. My job is not such that I can request off so close to sailing. The only time we've used FLR rates were when we had the cruises booked & they converted them over.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #15
Jkpark
DIS Veteran

If I book tomorrow and there is later a better deal, can I move it over? Cancel and re-book?

Thanks

WDW: Dec '85 (offsite), May '01 (offsite), Nov '02 (POFQ/Swan), Jan '07 (POP), Oct '08 (offsite), May '11 (SSR), Sept '12 (offsite/BLT)
March 2012 Aulani
Plus lots of trips to Disneyland
Jkpark is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: