DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
Cmbar
DIS Veteran

DVC Premium Annual Pass?

I just found out about the DVC Premium annual pass deal for 399.00. It looks like this has to be purchased before the end of the year.

Can I purchase at this price but not activate it until we go in the summer of 2013? If I activate it July 2013 then it would be good until July 2014? Is this possible?

If so, do I just call member Services?? Thanks for any information you can provide on this. Obviously I just came in at the end of the promotion.
VBR and VGF August,2014, AKV Jambo Dec 2013, Wonder-Alaska Jul 13, Fantasy Jun-12, BCV Jan-11, Dream! Apr 3,2011, Western Magic DCL-Oct 30-2010,POP/BCV -June 10 SSR-Jan 10, BLT-Nov 09, POP June 09, All Star Sports Mar 09, Western Magic - Nov 08 SSR/Marriott Cypress Harbour Jul-08, GF-Nov 07, WL-Nov 06, CBR -Feb 06 POFQ/BWV -Feb 05, POP-Mar 04, DoubleTree DTD, Mar 03, POR-Mar 01 Dixie Landings (POR) HONEYMOON -Oct 1992

Cmbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:08 AM   #2
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmbar View Post
I just found out about the DVC Premium annual pass deal for 399.00. It looks like this has to be purchased before the end of the year.

Can I purchase at this price but not activate it until we go in the summer of 2013? If I activate it July 2013 then it would be good until July 2014? Is this possible?

If so, do I just call member Services?? Thanks for any information you can provide on this. Obviously I just came in at the end of the promotion.
Yes. They have to be purchased by the end of the year. $424.94 w/tax.

I did this just the other day. Called MS and purchased 2 PAPs. they gave me a number, I guess it's a will call #, and I have to pick the PAPs up at any Guest Relations. They can be activated any time within the next year and are good for an entire year. CM at MS said they would be activated at the turnstiles. Great deal.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
Cmbar
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much! That is a great deal!
VBR and VGF August,2014, AKV Jambo Dec 2013, Wonder-Alaska Jul 13, Fantasy Jun-12, BCV Jan-11, Dream! Apr 3,2011, Western Magic DCL-Oct 30-2010,POP/BCV -June 10 SSR-Jan 10, BLT-Nov 09, POP June 09, All Star Sports Mar 09, Western Magic - Nov 08 SSR/Marriott Cypress Harbour Jul-08, GF-Nov 07, WL-Nov 06, CBR -Feb 06 POFQ/BWV -Feb 05, POP-Mar 04, DoubleTree DTD, Mar 03, POR-Mar 01 Dixie Landings (POR) HONEYMOON -Oct 1992

Cmbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:04 AM   #4
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBub View Post
Yes. They have to be purchased by the end of the year. $424.94 w/tax.

I did this just the other day. Called MS and purchased 2 PAPs. they gave me a number, I guess it's a will call #, and I have to pick the PAPs up at any Guest Relations. They can be activated any time within the next year and are good for an entire year. CM at MS said they would be activated at the turnstiles. Great deal.
Actually, as soon as Guest Relations hands you the PAP they are active.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #5
double r
Mouseketeer

They give you a voucher not a ticket that you redeem when you want to, you have until Dec. 31 2013 to activate. We bought 4 for our trip next year the week between Christmas & New Years.
double r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #6
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

You can also purchase the pass online at the dvcmember.com site. You can print off the will-call voucher receipt and pick up your PAPs at any Guest Service desk at a Theme Park or at DD.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #7
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
Actually, as soon as Guest Relations hands you the PAP they are active.
I thought this was the case too.

MS told me they would activate at the turnstile. I was surprised. No matter, we plan on using them when we pick them up.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #8
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBub View Post
I thought this was the case too.

MS told me they would activate at the turnstile. I was surprised. No matter, we plan on using them when we pick them up.
MS is giving out a lot of bad info on APs & PAPs currently. They are also telling members that they can get them at the concierge desk at the resorts which is not true (could for a while, but no longer).
Old 12-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #9
TheDISneyFamily
°O° DIS Friendship Pixie °O°
I call it the Save & Splurge!
We're ready to meet some DIS'ers!

Do you have to buy them through member services or can I just wait to buy them at Guest Relations at a park? We are going in less than 2 weeks & I was just going to buy them there...

Home Sweet Home - BWV - I'm going back to my happy place!

***DIS/TFW Friendship Pixie***
TheDISneyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #10
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDISneyFamily View Post
Do you have to buy them through member services or can I just wait to buy them at Guest Relations at a park? We are going in less than 2 weeks & I was just going to buy them there...
If you are going to be at WDW on or before 12/31/2012, you can purchase at the promo price on property at any Theme Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location (Theme Park or Downtown Disney). You will need your DVC Member ID card and all Adults (ages 18 and up) will need photo IDs showing the same address as the member.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #11
TheDISneyFamily
°O° DIS Friendship Pixie °O°
I call it the Save & Splurge!
We're ready to meet some DIS'ers!

That's what I thought. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
If you are going to be at WDW on or before 12/31/2012, you can purchase at the promo price on property at any Theme Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location (Theme Park or Downtown Disney). You will need your DVC Member ID card and all Adults (ages 18 and up) will need photo IDs showing the same address as the member.

Home Sweet Home - BWV - I'm going back to my happy place!

***DIS/TFW Friendship Pixie***
TheDISneyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #12
cheezNE1
member since 2006

I purchased few of these $399 pap last year and will be using it for this upcoming trip. I read somewhere that these discounted pap are for dvc members and its immediate household members living in the same residence. I purchased an extra one for my mother which does not live with me and she will be coming with us on this trip. Does that mean she can't use it? If that's the case, can I get credit for unused discounted pap?

deep thoughts-During the Middle Ages, probably one of the biggest mistakes was not putting on your armor because you were "just going down to the corner."
cheezNE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #13
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezNE1 View Post
I read somewhere that these discounted pap are for dvc members and its immediate household members living in the same residence.
That's correct and applies to all DVC priced AP purchases. All adults will need to show a photo id showing the same address as the member.

As for a refund, you would need to contact MS and see what they can do. Usually these are non-refundable, but I've seen posts where members have been able to get refunds.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #14
cheezNE1
member since 2006

I just spoke to MS and they said its a final transaction. the only option i have to pay the difference for the current PAP price or pay the difference of the regular ap price by dropping it back to to regular ap. what a bummer.

deep thoughts-During the Middle Ages, probably one of the biggest mistakes was not putting on your armor because you were "just going down to the corner."
cheezNE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #15
cvjw
DIS Veteran

Call regular Disney ticketing. I had almost the same problem, and they told me I could get a refund, or apply the purchase price towards another ticket of my choice. They were very accommodating - hope you get a similar sympathetic CM.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: