Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which for 1st timers?
Polynesian 8 22.22%
Wilderness 8 22.22%
Beach Club 20 55.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #16
interstate70s
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
We love the Grand Californian (we got married there) and at WDW we stay at WL. While it has a lot of similarities to GC, WL is so massive and beautiful that it impresses us each time. For location though, I think you are on the right track, since Beach Club has the location that location that allows you the opportunity to walk to two parks, and with older kids that should be great. It isn't quite as close as GC is to DL and CA Adventure, but it is pretty nice. Then the added benefit of the SAB pool probably pushes it over the top. When you are in the area though it might be worth swinging by WL to check it out. It is a short boat ride from MK, and might be worth a visit.
Enjoy your trip!
Thanks! I realize the distance won't be quite comparable, but sounds pretty manageable. I definately will check out the WL though... and maybe next time...
interstate70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #17
winthropf
Mouseketeer

Note that most rooms at BC do not have a full balcony. Next door at the YC almost all rooms have a balcony. You may want to consider YC also.
winthropf is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #18
ktlm
DIS Veteran

When we go to DL, we stay at DLH not GC because we have stayed at WL several times, and to us GC is just a scaled down version of WL. It is beautiful, but we'd rather stay someplace "different" at DL. If you love GC you will really love WL (except for the lack of a theme park entrance right there), but in my opinion you should try something different. Being used to walking into parks at DL, I think BC is a good choice for you since you are right by Epcot, and in walking distance of DHS. If you only have 4 days ( I would recommend 5 if you can), you probably won't have much, if any, time for the pool, but it supposedly is the best on property. We've stayed at WL and the Poly, but not BC. We love the Poly, it is right next to the TTC (travel and transportation center), so you can easily walk over there and grab the express monorail to either MK or Epcot. We loved that! I have heard rumors the Poly is scheduled for a refurbishment next year though. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with any of those choices.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: