Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #16
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmaril View Post
I do have a wow gift for my DS (26). I loaned him a significant amount of money to attend nursing school (my late husband and I had already paid for one undergraduate degree at a private school - this was going to be degree #2). He has been working as a pediatric ER nurse for 18 months and has re-paid half of the loan. For Christmas this year, I am wrapping the loan notebook and marking it "Paid in Full". He will be very surprised and I can't wait to see his reaction.
That's an awesome gift!!
girli565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:41 AM   #17
smitch425
DIS Veteran

DD10 is getting the Lego Black Pearl. I tried to get it Thanksgiving night and despite being at Target an hour before the doors opened, I was unsuccessful. That Target only got 3 in stock and they were all gone by the time I got into the store. Fortunately, I hit a 2nd Target at 4:30am and they had one! I wouldn't even let my mom put it in her trunk. I just held it in my lap and stared at it. I told DD I couldn't get one and that Santa was her only hope, so she will be asking him to get it at our Breakfast with Santa next weekend. I even bought her a different large PotC Lego set to make up for the one I "couldn't get".

DS is just asking Santa for a video game. Easy Peasy. I always leave a few other little things under the tree that they didn't really ask for. This year I scored a 10" Jose and a 10" Panchito from the Disney Store site for $4 each. They already have a Mexican Donald, and The Three Caballeros ride is one of their favorites.

Their big gifts are being given by my mom and grandma together on Christmas morning. DD10 is getting a laptop and DS8 is getting a Nintendo 3DS XL. I can't wait to see their faces when they get them. They have both been told that they are too much money and not to get their hopes up.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #18
teacup princess
DIS Veteran

Well, haven't got it yet, but DH and I are in the market for our first family rv. Not an extravagant WOW $200,000 unit but a more modest used fifth wheel or newer travel trailer. That's WOW enough for us. If we found one in time I'd like to park it out front on Christmas morning with a BIG red bow. Wonder if they make them that size?
teacup princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #19
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
I do have a wow gift for my DS (26). I loaned him a significant amount of money to attend nursing school (my late husband and I had already paid for one undergraduate degree at a private school - this was going to be degree #2). He has been working as a pediatric ER nurse for 18 months and has re-paid half of the loan. For Christmas this year, I am wrapping the loan notebook and marking it "Paid in Full". He will be very surprised and I can't wait to see his reaction.
Wow, that is awesome!
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #20
SaraJayne

My DD11 "wow" gift is going to be a cell phone under the tree for her. She is going to be so excited, as she's been asking for one for the last couple years.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #21
antmaril
DIS Veteran
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by girli565 View Post
That's an awesome gift!!
Thanks!
antmaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #22
antmaril
DIS Veteran
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
Wow, that is awesome!
Thank you! I think he will like it - green is a good color on him
antmaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #23
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaInNc View Post
My Wow gift is an iPhone 4S that looks brand new. My husband kept his in a case and upgraded. We have the box and my DD has no idea she is getting it. I am going to find a box that contained something she would not want and surprise her.

Lisa
Walmart has "gag" gift boxes. I got dh one for a "pet petter" so you don't have to touch your animal
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #24
chipdale74
Mouseketeer

My dd's wow gift is art desk. She's only 4 but she spends most of her time drawing and coloring so we wanted to get her a space of her own to create. I also got markets, paints and everything else I could think of to go with her desk.

She is also hopefully getting the dollhouse I have been making her this past year. She already knows about that so I don't think that will be the wow gift. I do want to finish it so I can put it in the living room on Christmas.

mike : maddie samicasey
chipdale74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #25
KristiKat
DIS Veteran

Our WOW gift this year is 3DS XL. Both my step son who is 11 and my DD6 will be getting one. My step son has a very old DS and my DD has never had one, she uses the Leapster Explorer. She, I know will be very excited about the upgrade. My step son I think will be excited to get an upgrade as well but it's hard to tell with him sometimes. He asked my DH for an iPad but that isn't happening. Not in the budget to spend that much on each of them. Besides that if anybody gets an iPad it will be me before the kids, lol. But since my step son is a gaming nut I think he'll be happy with the upgrade...I hope.

Me DH DSS13 DD8

1982 offsite,1987 The Disney Inn,1991 Caribbean Beach Resort,1997 Fort Wilderness,2011 & 2013 Port Orleans Riverside,2012 & 2014 Shades of Green
KristiKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #26
Jenny3
DIS Veteran

I just got that AG deal for DD9! So excited!

Nov 2012 - IA & US Orlando, SW, DC
Dec 2011 - WDW, Boardwalk Villas
Feb 2004 - WDW, IOA, Fort Wilderness Cabins
April 2000 - DL & US Hollywood
Jenny3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #27
RadioFanatic
Mouseketeer
SO not a jewelry gal
I would like to introduce dh and myself - Doofus and Sleezy Chuckledoodle

We just gave our DS 4 his wow gift this week - a 1 1/2 pound chihuahua puppy he named Katy Perry. It was going to be a laptop but he has asked for two months straight for a "puppy with pointy ears", wrote a long letter to santa (well dictated) about why he would want a puppy, told santa as soon as he saw him about it and kept talking and talking about it. we had to do it early bc we got an amazing deal but the breeder wasn't willing to hold her until christmas. It definitely was a wow for him - he was speechless - which he NEVER is.

santa wrote him a letter saying that he was very impressed with DS's letter asking for a puppy to love and that he would break his rule of only giving gifts on christmas bc he had a puppy which needed love immediately and if DS signed an agreement to feed, clean up pee/poop, walk and love it all without complaint. He did so an elf stopped dh on the way home and gave him the puppy. And I have to say, DS is doing a GREAT job with his duties so far.

Last edited by RadioFanatic; 12-05-2012 at 09:17 AM.
RadioFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #28
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love this!!!!!
My2CrazyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #29
SaraJayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFanatic View Post
We just gave our DS 4 his wow gift this week - a 1 1/2 pound chihuahua puppy he named Katy Perry. It was going to be a laptop but he has asked for two months straight for a "puppy with pointy ears", wrote a long letter to santa (well dictated) about why he would want a puppy, told santa as soon as he saw him about it and kept talking and talking about it. we had to do it early bc we got an amazing deal but the breeder wasn't willing to hold her until christmas. It definitely was a wow for him - he was speechless - which he NEVER is.

santa wrote him a letter saying that he was very impressed with DS's letter asking for a puppy to love and that he would break his rule of only giving gifts on christmas bc he had a puppy which needed love immediately and if DS signed an agreement to feed, clean up pee/poop, walk and love it all without complaint. He did so an elf stopped dh on the way home and gave him the puppy. And I have to say, DS is doing a GREAT job with his duties so far.
Awwww, what a sweet story.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #30
mrssmith06
DIS Veteran

Kids are both getting TV/DVD combos, so they will both be "wow"ed by that. They have been wanting TVs for a long time!
DS5 should also be wowed by his air hockey table from Santa!
And DD9 is getting lots of barbies, including one giant Bratz doll she will love!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: