Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
disneygal6568
making dreams come true

Disneyland Purse?

Or all of you ladies, what kind of purse do you carry? Is it big or small? Fanny packs are out of the question because our group is wearing the same outfit for numerous pictures. Is is a shoulder bag? A barrel maybe?

Thanks

Keep the Magic Alive!
disneygal6568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
jennameowse
Mouseketeer

I usually wear a small cross body. A Dooney sketch bag to be precise. I don't carry too much with me in the parks usually. Just AP, money, ID, Chapstick, and hand sanitizer. There are some bigger cross body bags out on the market if you carry more.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

a small backpack with a drawstring similar to this one:

http://www.disneystore.com/canvas-wa...14275/1000291/

I brought one I had gotten at a Rockies game and it broke on our 2nd day so I bought a better constructed one at the Emporium that worked great. My shoulder gets tired carrying a heavy purse all.day.long. like that.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
scoker
Mouseketeer

I love my baggalini messenger bag. They are not expensive, light weight and durable. I think it is a perfect size. It is big enough for snacks, water bottles and even a light sweater but it is also small and light weight enough that if it is not full you don't feel like you are dragging around a big backpack. It also has several separate compartments so it is easy to stay organized. It has a zipper compartment on the strap that is perfect for keeping tickets or passes. Super convienient when grabbing those fast passes. Can you tell I'm passionate about my baggalini. I love it for travel in general but it is perfect for Disney.

http://www.amazon.com/Baggallini-MES...4673394&sr=1-3
scoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #5
StyledSugar
Love The Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoker View Post
I love my baggalini messenger bag. They are not expensive, light weight and durable. I think it is a perfect size. It is big enough for snacks, water bottles and even a light sweater but it is also small and light weight enough that if it is not full you don't feel like you are dragging around a big backpack. It also has several separate compartments so it is easy to stay organized. It has a zipper compartment on the strap that is perfect for keeping tickets or passes. Super convienient when grabbing those fast passes. Can you tell I'm passionate about my baggalini. I love it for travel in general but it is perfect for Disney.

That is very cute!!

Normally I don't carry anything -- I let the DH carry the backpack. lol Much easier (on ME) that way.

DLR: 1980, 1985, 1987, February 2006, September 2010, October-November 2011, Christmas/New Years 2012-2013, February 2015

My wonderful family:
DH Me DD 16 DS 11
StyledSugar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #6
danlkrim
Mouseketeer

Crossbody bag

I plan to take a Baggalini crossbody bag. I like to carry a small wallet, camera, phone, sunglasses, lip balm, small hair comb and pony tail holder. Probably some kind of hand sanitizer/and or wipes. I can fit a small snack or two as well. We are traveling with a stroller for DS so I can leave anything more on that.
Walt Disney World Feb 2012
Disneyland and California Adventure Feb 2013
WDW Nov 2013, Jan, Feb, April 2014,
danlkrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Add me to the small crossbody bag list. Which bag depends on my mood -- Baggalini, Lesportsac (Kasey style), D&B, etc. They hold what I need for the parks without being heavy or bulky.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #8
disneygal6568
making dreams come true

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoker

Will it hold a Flip Video camera, iPod touch and a digital camera? I don't know EXACTLY what I am packing yet, but I know that it will not be a small amount.

Keep the Magic Alive!
disneygal6568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #9
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

I use a Baggalini Large Wallet. It has an adjustable strap that can go cross body, over the shoulder, or around the waist. It has slots for CCs and APs and FPs and two zipper dividers inside. It has two pocket outside that I use one for a camera and one for a phone.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #10
HollyL
Mouseketeer

I always take my mini borealis North Face Backpack. It's small, but fits all of your essestials and is lightweight and comfortable. Best small back-pack ever and extremely durable. I have had it for about 5 years and it still looks brand new. There are little compartments on the side for bottles of water, or baby bottles/sippy cups, so it doubles as a "diaper bag".

http://www.zappos.com/the-north-face...w-asphalt-grey
HollyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #11
melancholywings
How do you prepare for a bank full of nuns?
'I'm thinking of a disney character'

I use a small cross body bag to hold my key, and a very small backpack for my Nikon.
melancholywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #12
hlbtimes2
Stretch that spine out big and tall!
Oh, you arent paying? Dang!

I just use my camera bag. Its about 6 x 6 x 9, and has a long strap that I can carry across my body if I want. It holds my camera, money, ID, ticket/ pass, chapstick and a small thing of sunscreen. And it has a little thing on one end that has a mesh water bottle holder that you can either use or tuck inside when you dont need it. Its all the more I need.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #13
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

I use a crossbody Le Sport Sac bag, the Kasey in a really cute Small World design. It works for me just fine, I can carry a bottle of water (or 2), lip gloss, phone, pen, pins (for trading), sunglasses, hand sanitizer and a few other little random things.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #14
Butterfly123
DIS Veteran

I also use a small crossbody bag. Right now I'm using the Sherpani Zoom, which has seperate zip compartments for everything, but is very flat. We also carry one light backpack for the family, and we all take turns carrying it. It's for larger things like water bottles, sunscreen, camera, etc. We keep it small and light.

Disneyland: 1969, 1974, 1982, 1985, 1990, July 2001, April 2003, April 2004, April 2005, April 2006, April 2007, April 2008, April 2009, June 2011, July 2012, June 2013. Next visit summer 2015!
Butterfly123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: