Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
rk5798
Mouseketeer

Via Napoli Menu Recommendations

We are eating at Via Napoli in a few weeks as part of our candlelight dinner package. We are super excited but having a hard time deciding what to get since everything looks so good!!! I am thinking that since dh and I each get an appetizer, main entree and a dessert, that one of us would get a pizza and the other a pasta/meat dish (2 pizzas might be too much?!). I am looking for your favorite appetizer, favorite pizza, favorite pasta/meat dish, and favorite dessert from Via Napoli. I know this is subjective to taste preference but we like almost anything and are looking to see if there is a trend of what we should definitely try! Thanks!!!
rk5798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

My DS12 & I had a pizza each, which we shared. We got the 4 cheese pizza, and the pepperoni. They were both OUTSTANDING! I really cant tell you which one I liked best! For dessert we had the zeppolle (ricotta fritters, kinda like donut holes). OH MY GOODNESS, SO GOOD! They came warm and fresh. They give you choc sauce and whip cream for dipping. SO GOOD!

Pepperoni

Four cheese:

Zepolle:

Blood orange drink (not sure if thats what its called?). VERY refreshing.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Given that there are two of you going, I would consider trying the Misto Fritto platter for your appetizer. It has a nice selection of items, including the arancini (my favorite at VN) and lots of calamari. For entrees, I usually get the proscuitto e melon pizza and it's really good. The Linguini Frutti di Mare (seafood pasta) is also a really entree. For desserts, I highly recommend the Coppa Di Brutti Ma Buoni sundae. It is so yummy!
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
Luv4Disney
DIS Veteran

LOVE the arancini!!
Old 12-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
Given that there are two of you going, I would consider trying the Misto Fritto platter for your appetizer. It has a nice selection of items, including the arancini and lots of calamari. !
We love this too, it's a copious amount of food, it also includes lightly fried (tempura) veggies (asparagus, zucchini, artichoke hearts)

My son loves the pepperoni pizza, I'm a huge fan of the mushroom pizza as well. We've tried two of the pasta's, the candele pasta with sausage ragu, meatball and the rigatoni with cream sauce, chicken and It has peas in it as well. The 4 of us who tasted them, including the ones who ordered them, preferred the creamed chicken dish over the sausage ragu which was too, too intense for lack of better description!

Now these little suckers are pretty tasty! I've had them before in other restaurants, Via Napoli does them well!

P.S. Get extra whipped cream, that little dollop isn't enough to get started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
ey were both OUTSTANDING! I really cant tell you which one I liked best! For dessert we had the zeppolle (ricotta fritters, kinda like donut holes). OH MY GOODNESS, SO GOOD! They came warm and fresh. They give you choc sauce and whip cream for dipping. SO GOOD!

Zepolle:

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV

Last edited by BEASLYBOO; 12-04-2012 at 04:27 PM.
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

The prosciutto e melone pizza is wonderful!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #7
mlittig
DIS Veteran

I absolutely love the four cheese pizza but I do have them add the red marinara sauce

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop Century 9/11 Pop Century 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 4/17/15 Pop Century
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #8
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Ortolano - tomato, mozzarella, vegetables
Carciofi - white pizza, artichoke, fontina, mozzarella, truffle oil

We did a large pizza for two of us, half and half. BOTH were absolutely amazing. Oh gosh I am getting hungry just THINKING about it!!

Tiramisu was for dessert. We couldn't decide so we told our waiter (the most adorable human ever, by the way) to surprise us, and that is what he brought. He said it is his favorite. I am not a huge tiramisu fan, but this was really amazing. Yum, yum, YUM!! Enjoy
Old 12-05-2012, 01:16 AM   #9
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

omg, those zeppolle look amazing.

For a meat/pasta dish, we like the candele. It's long candle shaped tubes with sausage, tiny meatballs, ragu, and a bechamel.
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #10
sillykaren
Wishing upon a star...

I second the Blood Orange Agua Fresca! LOVE IT!!!

We usually just get pizza, they're all good except for the Stagioni. The eggplant and artichokes make the pizza soggy. Personally the four cheese is my favorite, but I've had all the rest and they're VERY good.

I also really like the family style salad.

My dad has ordered the spaghetti and really enjoyed it.

I wish I had a dessert suggestion, but I'm always too full. I usually save myself and come back for gelato from the stand on the main walkway.
sillykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #11
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

We just did the candlelight package here too last friday.

For apps dh had the calamari, I had the arancini. I thought the rice balls could have used a little more sauce

Main course- dh had one of the cheese pizza with prosciutto I think. I had the chicken parm. Honestly it was huge but I dont know if it was actually fresh chicken? The breading coating seemed to just come off etc. It was served with small sliced potatoes with skin on.

Dessert: Dh got pistachio and I got chocolate gelato.

I wanted the sundae that another poster mentioned and I had before but I didnt sew it on the menu. I didnt want to ask our waiter. He seemed overworked and hard to get a hold of and his english was not very good he told us.

It was an ok meal. We are from ny so we are kind of italian food snobs but for everyone else I am sure its good food.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #12
disneygal55
DIS Veteran

For appetizers we really enjoyed the tortellini soup. Once we had a sausage and pepperoni pizza which was really good. This August we tried the candele pasta dish which both my DH and I loved.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #13
rk5798
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Everything sounds great!!!

Now I have a new question...with the candlelight dinner package, this seems like a ton of food for dh, myself and our 3 kids (but one is under age 3!). Will they let us take the leftovers with us? I just don't see how we can eat that much food in one sitting!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #14
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk5798 View Post
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Everything sounds great!!!

Now I have a new question...with the candlelight dinner package, this seems like a ton of food for dh, myself and our 3 kids (but one is under age 3!). Will they let us take the leftovers with us? I just don't see how we can eat that much food in one sitting!!!
Yes, most of the TS places can box up left overs for you to take with you. They don't always have bags to place multiple containers in, so you might have to stop at a nearby store and ask for one. They also don't (normally) have any time of utensils (so you'll need to stop at QS place and pick up some). The only other caveat is just remember you'll have to carry around those left overs with you until the end of the day. (So items with lots of liquid or that can spoil easily aren't the best to try and pack up.)
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #15
rk5798
Mouseketeer

Thank goodness for the baby and her stroller...and luckily it's pizza and December...so it shouldn't be too hot at night and nothing to spill

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: