Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
KimBeano
Mouseketeer

Be Our Guest Dinner 12/8

So, we were all excited about Be Our Guest dinner. It was our last night, I had called months ago on the first morning to call and called for 90 minutes before getting through and scored a reservation for 7. Excitement was incredible and no one in the parks all week could believe we had ressies.

The atmosphere is amazing! We had Scooter as our waiter, and he was nice. Not the best waiter, but not bad. He is a 20 year veteran to Disney but not sure if he has been a waiter before. He knew nothing about wines, nor did he have any suggestion or was even knowledgeable about the suggested wines for the entrees. We ordered, a lot of us french onion soup to start, mussels for the table, my DH got a salad. My DD got potato leek soup. Everything was good. French onion was excellent. Mussels too salty and I love salt. Dh's salad was dry, not dressed at all and he had to ask for more. Littler DD got the macaroni, marinara with cheese. It was plain tasting. They need more children options at the restaurant. 2 people got the shrimp and scallops including myself. Mine was pretty much inedible. However, I did not really speak out because the rest in my party were happy and were overjoyed with the ambiance and there dinner and I wasn't going to pity party the last night and have them worrying about me not enjoying mine (I was also pretty sick with cold) My scallops were the grittiest things I have ever tasted. I had scallops at Fulton's and Raglan Road in the same week and they were amazing at both places. The sauce on the dish was so salty.

My only other complaint is the special light up glasses for kids are 18.99. I got them for both my daughters because it was our last evening and it was a special night, but this is just way too much.

Most everyone enjoyed the dinner. It came to $327 for 6 adults and 1 child. My DH enjoyed his beer that was brewed by monks the best.

Raglan Road was MUCH better. The braised beef with horseradish potatoes are too die for. I'm counting down the days until I return to RR.
KimBeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
sheilanne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimBeano
So, we were all excited about Be Our Guest dinner. It was our last night, I had called months ago on the first morning to call and called for 90 minutes before getting through and scored a reservation for 7. Excitement was incredible and no one in the parks all week could believe we had ressies.

The atmosphere is amazing! We had Scooter as our waiter, and he was nice. Not the best waiter, but not bad. He is a 20 year veteran to Disney but not sure if he has been a waiter before. He knew nothing about wines, nor did he have any suggestion or was even knowledgeable about the suggested wines for the entrees. We ordered, a lot of us french onion soup to start, mussels for the table, my DH got a salad. My DD got potato leek soup. Everything was good. French onion was excellent. Mussels too salty and I love salt. Dh's salad was dry, not dressed at all and he had to ask for more. Littler DD got the macaroni, marinara with cheese. It was plain tasting. They need more children options at the restaurant. 2 people got the shrimp and scallops including myself. Mine was pretty much inedible. However, I did not really speak out because the rest in my party were happy and were overjoyed with the ambiance and there dinner and I wasn't going to pity party the last night and have them worrying about me not enjoying mine (I was also pretty sick with cold) My scallops were the grittiest things I have ever tasted. I had scallops at Fulton's and Raglan Road in the same week and they were amazing at both places. The sauce on the dish was so salty.

My only other complaint is the special light up glasses for kids are 18.99. I got them for both my daughters because it was our last evening and it was a special night, but this is just way too much.

Most everyone enjoyed the dinner. It came to $327 for 6 adults and 1 child. My DH enjoyed his beer that was brewed by monks the best.

Raglan Road was MUCH better. The braised beef with horseradish potatoes are too die for. I'm counting down the days until I return to RR.
I agree with you completely. We went 12/1 and the food was just not that good. Most of my party of 6 offered the shrimp and scallops, and they were soooo gritty. The waitress ( don't remember her name) couldn't answer any of our questions about the wine. She was nice, just acted "new on the job." We won't be going back unless its for lunch. So disappointed in dinner...........
sheilanne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
Melodious
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry you didn't have a wonderful time. We dined there before its opening and our waitress seemed like she was dying to give us wine recommendations, haha. Her suggestion was good, the chimay beer was better. We didn't have the scallops but steak and salmon were both cooked well
Old 12-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #4
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimBeano View Post
2 people got the shrimp and scallops including myself.
I got this as well, not gritty, certainly edible just nothing special or not what I imagined!

My only other complaint is the special light up glasses for kids are 18.99. I got them for both my daughters because it was our last evening and it was a special night, but this is just way too much.That's ridiculous, thankfully my kids are well past these types of souvenirs!

Most everyone enjoyed the dinner. It came to $327 for 6 adults and 1 child. My DH enjoyed his beer that was brewed by monks the best. For 7, and considering you spent $40 on the souvenir cups, not a bad tab for Disney!

Raglan Road was MUCH better. The braised beef with horseradish potatoes are too die for. I'm counting down the days until I return to RR. Totally agree, 4 of us ordered this in our party of 7 and I ate till I almost burst, it was so good!
I got an ADR for BOG the week of Thanksgiving for our party of 7. 2 of us had the shrimp and scallops, two had the steak, med rare it, they said it was tender and very flavorful. My son (16) had the pork which was outstanding after I requested a bit of extra sauce for him. And our two 11 year girls had the child's steak(medium) with pasta & butter, no sauce! We had the French onion and the leep, both soups excellent and we also tried the salads, the green beans and shallots being the table favorite! Tab $358, included wine!

Their steak for a kids steak was very good, compared to the charcoal briquet they were served at Raglands. Had they complained or had I noticed before the end of the meal I would have sent it back for another. But, selfishly I was enjoying mine so much, I was in my own zone!

I like BOG, and I will do it again every couple of years! I'll just do the pork or steak instead!

Thanks for the review!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV

Last edited by BEASLYBOO; 12-11-2012 at 12:10 PM.
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: