Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #31
es45
DIS Veteran

Hope the holidays were good for you and that you are remembering to take care of yourself. Prayers continue for you and your family.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #32
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

I haven't been by the Disign boards lately and I just saw your post. Big hugs to you and your family! You have helped my family so much in the past through your wonderful designs. I wish you all the best. My mother went through some of the same things with my grandmother. It's not easy. I hope 2013 brings you peace and happiness!

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
princessmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #33
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry for all you are going through. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
jdcthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #34
MusicMouse
Ph.D. Finally!

I have been off the Boards for a while and just saw this. You and your family are in my prayers, Linda. My Grandmother also had alzheimers and I know how painful it is to watch someone that you love just disintegrate like that.

The Autograph Book Thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2323160
My Photobucket Designs: http://s1019.beta.photobucket.com/us...79157098735744
MusicMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #35
Disneyelf10
DIS Veteran

Hi Linda...I haven't been on for Dec w/ vacation and the holidays and just saw your post. Sorry to hear about this....wishing you the best!!

take care!!

Disneyelf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #36
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Hi all, again thank you for your kind words. My dad was transferred to a nursing home this weekend. I had to get guardianship over him and due to the holidays things went a bit slower than we hoped. I feel bad because I knew my dad made some friends where he was and now he has to start all over.

My mom is doing great. She's going through physical therapy and is doing quite well. My mental state has healed a bit and though I do not plan to return to DISigning for a few months more I am really looking forward to it. Just still need some time to myself for now. Thanks again.
Linda
Old 01-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #37
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababear_50 View Post
Hi Linda Hon
I was thinking about you today and I am going to head to my fav spot in Downtown Disney( we leave in 1 day)--order a cup of tea and a sweet treat and say cheers to you and your family!
I know the year ahead will be difficult ,but I am sprinkling you with some Faith ,Hope and a BIG jar of pixie dust Hon_ Happy New Year to you !
Hugs Mel
Hey Mel...I was with you in spirit.I think my year ahead will be fine. Thanks for that big jar of pixie dust. Just what I needed. Happy New Year!
Hugs to you,
Linda
Old 01-07-2013, 03:55 AM   #38
MimiSiang
Earning My Ears

Hello Linda,
what a hard time for you....wishing you al the best en strenght you and your family need. I did'nt know al this and send you last week a private message for a request, I feel so stupid right know. Just delete my mail....
Take care!
Regards Mimi Siang
MimiSiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #39
sammi6
Walt Disney World is One of the Bare Necessities of Life!

Linda

Just wanted to send you hug and let you know you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Alz is so hard on everyone involved especially for the loved ones closest to the patient. I am so sorry. I am glad to hear your mother is doing well though.

sammi6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:40 AM   #40
msnc
Earning My Ears

On my mind -

Hi, I am brand new to these boards and stumbled on them while looking for a t-shirt design. Despite more trips to Disney than I can count, I've never done the shirt thing for us but decided to attempt it for coming trip. I got to the boards by finding a design of yours that is the outline of Mickey's head made by names. I was so excited by it, I ended up here. I know you're in the middle of family problems and have seen the many posts wishing you well. I just had to say that I know. The paranoia and delusions of a parent can make you feel like you have entered another universe - that was unimaginable before. You can have heard about it but until you live it, you don't quite get it. We made our regular Jan trip to WDW last year and all was well. This year, we have booked only a room so we can cancel later and we waited to book until last minute. My mother now lives in that nightmare of fear and I am not at all sure we will be able to leave town. We're fortunate to have other family nearby to fill in but not sure it won't be too much for them, or for her, for us to travel.

Since I read your story yesterday, you've been on my mind. You did so many nice things for people on this board. I just wanted to tell you that someone else is wishing you well. Bless you and your family.
msnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #41
WonderTwinsMom
Earning My Ears

was admiring your work. but we understand how prioities change, and of course, family comes first. sending you positive thoughts (and pixie dust) and prayers. take care.
WonderTwinsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #42
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Wow, I had not been on this part of the forum since I was planning our trip last summer. We are leaving in 3 weeks and I did a search for your name because I love your blanks designs. The title of this thread made me click on it. I am so sorry for all you have been through all these months. Wishing you peace as things continue to move forward.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #43
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Hi everyone. I just wanted to stop by and thank you all for your continued support. Since my last post my dad's health is failing a little every day and believe it or not my mom fell...again...and broke her hip for the second time in less than 5 months. This time she shattered her femur also. Life has been hectic to say the least. I miss not being here for you but I will be restructuring my Photobucket soon and then see where I can go from there. Thanks again.
Linda
Old 05-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #44
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Linda I will put you all in my daily prayers...Your family comes first...you will not regret one moment of the time you spend with them....You are a treasure...
Old 05-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #45
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Linda Hon
I am saying a special prayer for you and your family sweetie.
Miss You
Hugs Mel
bababear_50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: