Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #16
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Rest well sweet girl and know we are saying prayers and thinking only good thoughts for you and your family.
Hugs Mel

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by bababear_50; 12-08-2012 at 10:36 PM.
bababear_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #17
jjhardy
Mouseketeer

((((hugs))))

Alz is an awful yet fascinating disease! My husband's Grandmother had it and we took care of her for 11 years at home! It would have been much easier to put her in a nursing home but my MIL promised her dad she would never do that! With Alz I feel eventually that's a MUST! Grandma would forget Granddad but yet would remember my MILs phone number and call and ask her if she knew where Dad was because there was a man there to see him (Granddad!)

She got violent too when we started having to bath her and help her to the bathroom. My hubby couldn't be in the house when we did this because she would hit us and scream Help me Help me!

We ended up contacting the local Senior center and they had a State grant just for Alz that allowed us to get a caregiver in for 4 hours a day and we only had to pay what the grant didn't cover which ended up being less than $10 a week! We went through a few aides before we got our Saint Mary! Grandma would hit and curse at the other aides. It was hard to deal with since she was such a loving woman who wouldn't hurt a fly before the Alz. Once we got Mary that all changed! Mary could always get Grandma to smile, dance and be happy! When Grandma fell and broke her hit a year before her death Mary even visited in the rehab center!

Alz takes alot out of the entire family! I think it may be in your best interests to find your father a home that specializes in Alz since he is one of the patients that seems to be violent. Some just sit and snuggle with babies or stuffed animals others are violent no matter what because they are scared. Also find an Alz support group! That helped our family alot in the beginning when Grandma could still talk and wander off.

Prayers to your whole family and please take care of yourself first! Without you everyone is lost!
jjhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #18
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

You will be in my prayers! Stay strong! I am sorry for all that you are going through!

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #19
Danjocass
Mousketeer

I just wanted to drop a line and say I'm sorry for all that you are going through. My grandfather had Alzheimers and its a terrible disease. You are a wonderful person and I wish nothing but good things for you and you family.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #20
ksloane
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry. My grandmother ran an adult foster home for many years and had multiple Alzheimer's patients. I know how that life can be day to day and can't imagine what it's like when it's your parent. ((HUGS))
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #21
Cynt
DIS Veteran

Praying for strength for you during this time.
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #22
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Just checking in

As of today my dad has been hospitalized for a little over 2 weeks. His paranoia is not getting better though doctors are trying different kinds of drugs on him. He seems to be living his life back some thirty or more years ago. I am at this time seeking guardianship of him as he never had a health care proxy.

My good news is that my mom came home today and is doing remarkably well. She is in good spirits despite everything that is going on. We are all trying hard to look forward to the holidays but dad is in all our minds. Thank you for your continued support and kind words. If I don't make it back soon I wish all of you a happy and safe holiday.
Linda
shadowryter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:20 AM   #23
bababear_50

Thinking of you and wishing you a happy holiday !
Hugs Mel
Old 12-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #24
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Linda, just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and your family! My father had Alzheimers and there are just no words to describe what it feels like to watch someone you know slowly lose it. We were "lucky" and my father passed away quickly before it got too bad, he lived with it for about 5 years though. Just wanted you to know someone was thinking of you and I hope you had a Merry Christmas even with all this going on!
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #25
Dreamer2012
Mouseketeer

Dear Linda,
Although we have never connected I wish there were words I could write to ease your pain. I have read many times of the joy your disigns have brought I only wish some of that would come back to you now. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:12 AM   #26
bababear_50

Hi Linda Hon
I was thinking about you today and I am going to head to my fav spot in Downtown Disney( we leave in 1 day)--order a cup of tea and a sweet treat and say cheers to you and your family!
I know the year ahead will be difficult ,but I am sprinkling you with some Faith ,Hope and a BIG jar of pixie dust Hon_ Happy New Year to you !
Hugs Mel
Old 12-31-2012, 05:15 AM   #27
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

I wish you all the best Linda, hope everything works out. There's not much more really I can say in regards to your situation, but I seriously do wish you all the best for 2013.

At this time also, please don't apologise, remember every thing you did in your thread you've made people's holiday that little bit better with such splendid work. I know what you managed to do for ourselves in the requests I made will be magical, and just remember that your work will be seen in the park when we go, as I'm getting some t-shirts made up with your fab work for our trip.

I'm sure the other fab designers on here will help with anyone's requests.

All the best and once again, Many Thanks for all your time and dedication.

FD
WDW Orlando: June 2013

fd1972uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #28
drmrchk
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you Linda! My gram has Alzheimer's and watching the decline has been very hard....it has gotten so bad since my gramp died, and we can't even bring her home for the weekend anymore...she has forgotten how to walk and get out a chair and everything. Its so sad. So while she never lived with us, I have an idea what you're going through. Stay strong, don't be afraid to ask for help.....and no matter how hard it is, don't be afraid to say that its more than you can handle. A memory care unit is inevitable....you are in control of when that happens....just don't see it as a failure on your part. You are doing an amazing thing and just know there's a part of your dad, even if its small and mostly lost, that understands and apreciates what you are doing, and knows you are in the right. Sending you guys lots of love and hugs.
drmrchk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #29
tlh0726
DIS Veteran

to you and your family.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #30
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Lots of love and I will pray for you and your family. Stay strong.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: