Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
DisneyJanFeb2008
Mouseketeer

Need reinforcement about Beach Club!

Everyone we know stays at the Beach Club and LOVES IT. I was leaning more towards the WL (have stayed there before) or Poly (dreaming!) but DH really wants to try Beach Club and we both want to see what the hype is about. I don't see many good dining options there (but know we can walk around Boardwalk area, etc.) and afraid it won't have the character/charm we love. Help, get me excited! We are mainly staying there for the pool - we have three young kids.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJanFeb2008 View Post
Everyone we know stays at the Beach Club and LOVES IT. I was leaning more towards the WL (have stayed there before) or Poly (dreaming!) but DH really wants to try Beach Club and we both want to see what the hype is about. I don't see many good dining options there (but know we can walk around Boardwalk area, etc.) and afraid it won't have the character/charm we love. Help, get me excited! We are mainly staying there for the pool - we have three young kids.
When are you going? Because if it's spring or summer, BC is one of the best locations! Yes, there's the pool. And being able to walk into Epcot. And all the great food choices in the hotel/across at Boardwalk/in Epcot/at the Swan and Dolphin. Boats to DHS (or walk). Did I mention the pool? Did I mention walking to Epcot?

WL, I agree, is great, but I reserve that experience for the cooler times of the year, when it feels like being up in the great northwest.

Just go and enjoy!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
Sweettears
50 years of Disney and counting

I agree with Larryz. Walking access to the Boardwalk, DHS and Epcot is worth it alone. The BC itself is a beautiful resort with comfortable rooms. My only objection is that if you desire a balcony you can not be guaranteed of getting one.
Sweettears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
DisneyJanFeb2008
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
When are you going? Because if it's spring or summer, BC is one of the best locations! Yes, there's the pool. And being able to walk into Epcot. And all the great food choices in the hotel/across at Boardwalk/in Epcot/at the Swan and Dolphin. Boats to DHS (or walk). Did I mention the pool? Did I mention walking to Epcot?

WL, I agree, is great, but I reserve that experience for the cooler times of the year, when it feels like being up in the great northwest.

Just go and enjoy!
We are going in Feb. We stayed at Swan last yr to try the Epcot area and liked it but didn't like the Swan. But we spend most of our time at MK and I love the coziness of the Lodge. But I'm sure we'll love BC. Worried about balcony.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #5
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

I noticed you said "dreaming" about staying at the Poly. Well, you know what they say about WDW... it's where dreams come true. Really, where ever you stay, these are all great places. That Epcot area (BC, YC, BW, swan/dolphin) is really pretty at night, and so fast to get to HS or Epcot.
jperrot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:18 PM   #6
DisGirl819
Then I thought about it and realized I'm crazy!!

You're going to LOVE IT!!! We LOVE the BC! And the dining is wonderful there. We love Cape May, both the breakfast with characters and the clambake dinner. Also Captain's Grille in YC is so delicious and so few people talk about it. Plus its a short walk into Epcot for all you care to eat. Its closer to Epcot than to BW for food too. Your kids are going to love SAB as well, we love it. Plus if your kids are like mine you'll be at the MK a lot. I know its not quick, but we love walking through Epcot and riding the monorail to MK. I know the bus is much faster, but its more fun for us to walk through a quiet Epcot and my kids love the monorail.

DLR: 2010, 2009, 2008...back to first trip 1990
WDW: 1985, 1996, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CSR, CBR, AKV-K, BCV, BC-CL, POFQ, WL, CR

DisGirl819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #7
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJanFeb2008 View Post
BC is much better than WL or Poly.. You'll really feel like you're on vacation. I'm not even that crazy about SB (never agreed with the hype).. but we love it..
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #8
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
BC is much better than WL or Poly.. You'll really feel like you're on vacation. I'm not even that crazy about SB (never agreed with the hype).. but we love it..
This is based off of personal opinion and not substantiated on fact. I myself like WL much better than BC and I really feel like I'm on vacation. But with that said, I do enjoy YC/BC resorts.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #9
rutgers1
DIS Veteran

We never stayed at the Beach Club, but we have stayed at the Boardwalk and Dolphin multiple times. Here are my thoughts:
1) It is all about location, location, location.
2) We LOVE that the Swan/Dolphin, Boardwalk, and Beach Club are right next to one another. There is a major buzz in that area, and you can wander around from one to the next. It is a really cool vibe.
3) Walking to Hollywood Studios and Epcot is awesome.
4) There are a lot of dining options between all of the hotels and the parks -- a LOT.
5) If you like to be outside and walk around (or jog), you can't beat it.

I absolutely love that area. I don't even care which hotel I stay in since, for me, it is all about the location.
rutgers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #10
starousse
DIS Veteran

Funny, I'm in the same boat. Love WL, but have Beach Club booked. We're going in May, so I figured the pools would be nice. We went the WL for Christmas last year and I think the whole thing about having the decorations, the tree and the fireplaces gave it it's whole appeal. I think we'll try this for May and maybe go back to WL during the cooler months.
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #11
DisneyFreaksx4
Earning My Ears

Have not stayed in BC yet, but we have BW. LOVED it!! We also love WL too. You won't be disappointed in either decision. It is Disney, after all!
DisneyFreaksx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #12
Mikeyto_96
OKraysDisneySon

I've stayed at Poly, BC, BW, and the Dolphin. As several posters have said it' all about personal preference and what area you want to be closest to. Though each has their own appeal. Yes, with BC, BW and Dolphin you are within walking distance to EP and DS which is a plus as I spend most of my time at EP. I also enjoy being on the Boardwalk at night to watch the EP fireworks and the nightly festivities. At the sametime Poly is one of my favs along with AKL. I do enjoy being on the monorail line but it honestly is only good for MK as to get to EP you have to transfer anyway at TTC. But I enjoy the restaraunts at Poly and the atmosphere especially in the Great Ceremonial Hall.

Mikeyto_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #13
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

We love BC....we truly go back and forth between BC and BWI as our favorite resort. Love the architecture, love the rooms/bedding, love the lobby, love the staff (hi Teena!), and the pool is incredible.

I highly recommend BC over WL and Poly!
Scott MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:23 AM   #14
Robbi
DIS Veteran

February trip, I'd go with WL. BC is nice but it really does not have the ambiance that WL has. The only reason we stay at BC is for the pool. If your husband wants to try it though, go for it. You can always switch back to WL.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #15
kdog_1981
Mouseketeer

We are here now with 3 kids. BC is great! We can walk to Epcot and HS. Boardwalk area is awesome too for us adults at night. We did the kids nite out and went to Epcot and boardwalk. The weather this past week I've stayed has been great. 80s!!! Pool is heated btw.

2011-Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013-BC
kdog_1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: