Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
nfouey
Earning My Ears

Yachtsman or LeCellier?

Hi all!
Staying at the YC on our next trip. This will be our second time at the resort, and we have yet to try Yachtsman! But given the fact WS at Epcot is so close, I'm having a hard time picking steakhouses! We have never been to either and I myself leaning towards LeCellier because of the cheese soup! Any thoughts? Also we will have our son with us who will be 14 months, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

We
nfouey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
iheartwalt
Mouseketeer

I preferred the steaks and atmosphere at Yachtsman much more than Le Cellier.
The beer cheese soup is good but for me after going to Yachtsman I will most likely never go to Le Cell again. If I am at EPCOT and want steak, the little extra trek to Yachtsman is well worth it.
Also being that you are staying at YC I think that will be nice with the toddler, no travelling at all to Yachtsman
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfouey View Post
Hi all!
Staying at the YC on our next trip. This will be our second time at the resort, and we have yet to try Yachtsman! But given the fact WS at Epcot is so close, I'm having a hard time picking steakhouses! We have never been to either and I myself leaning towards LeCellier because of the cheese soup! Any thoughts? Also we will have our son with us who will be 14 months, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

We
It is really hard to pick, last trip we had lunch on our 1st day at YC at Le Cellier & towards end of trip had dinner at Yachtmans. DH said he preferred Yachtman, but this & Cape May at BC are DHs favorites anyways. I was very impressed with both steakhouses, so it's hard to choose. I had cheese soup & pretzel bread, the mushroom filet with risotto & cream brûlée at Le Cellier. It was really memorial lunch! We'd probably do both again!
Old 03-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Another Yachtsman fan here.....to me, LeCellier is too dark, the tables are too small, and they are too close together. When me & DH last ate there, we had a table for two and it barely fit our meals, appitizer, and drinks without knocking something off the table.

The Yachtsman has a wonderful, quite atmosphere and the tables are larger and well-spaced, and the food is WONDERFUL. It's always nice strolling around the Boardwalk after the meal too.

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

If all you want is Soup go with LeCellier.

If you want a decent steak and decent service go with Yatchman's.

LeCellier gets lots of hype, but I have no idea why.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #6
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

As of our last trip, two months ago, we'd pick Le Cellier every time. Fantastic food, wonderful service in a unique, and very enjoyable atmosphere.

Have a great time!

Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #7
SarahInMN
Really my username should be SarahInOR now

Yachtsman would win by miles in my opinion. I do not like the food at Le Cellier but have had good meals at the Yachtsman - plus you can arrive early and have a drink or app in the Crew's Cup Lounge. Also, not to throw another option at you, but Shula's Steakhouse at Swan and Dolphin is fantastic (no DDP but they take TiW).

SarahInMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #8
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

I think its a hard choice. If looking for steak Yachtsman....anything else...LeCellier.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #9
nfouey
Earning My Ears

Shulas?!? Oh boy, another menu to analyze. Thanks for all the input! Given the close tables and dark atmosphere at LC I think we will go with Yachtsman! With a 14 month old, more space is def needed! Plus staying at YC now for the second timeI'm almost obligated to try their signature restaurant right?!?
Thanks again every one! :-)
nfouey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #10
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Good choice on picking Yachstman! I was very disappointed with the steaks at LC. Plus the cheese soup was BLAH, i just didnt care for it. And to boot, the atmosphere wasnt that great. Way too cramped.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #11
Granfan
DIS Veteran

I had lunch at LeCellier Friday, March 1 ( even after I said I wouldn't go back.) I gave it one more try and this time I WILL NEVER GO BACK. REALLY. $44 + tax and $8 tip for fries and a strip steak that was terrible. Burned and too tough to even cut is not acceptable. I sent the first one back and got another which was a little better but still was only able to eat the very center. The entire outside was burned and covered in black charcoal bits and residue from uncleaned grill. The fries were good but NOT worth over $50 for LUNCH. I would definitely try Yatchman 's.
Granfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #12
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Shulas?!? Oh boy, another menu to analyze. Thanks for all the input! Given the close tables and dark atmosphere at LC I think we will go with Yachtsman! With a 14 month old, more space is def needed! Plus staying at YC now for the second timeI'm almost obligated to try their signature restaurant right?!?
With the reviews of LC, I've never been tempted to go. I was debating Yachtsman and when I asked about it, everyone said Shula's! I looked at the menus of yachtsman and Shula's and they don't even compare so, we have decided on Shula's for our December trip. GL deciding!!!

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #13
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think we will go with Yachtsman! With a 14 month old, more space is def needed! Plus staying at YC now for the second timeI'm almost obligated to try their signature restaurant right?!?
I think you made a good choice. Yachtsman would be my choice without hesitation. Le Cellier was ok, but nothing I would go back for. I agree with the pp that I also don't see what all the hype is about. Yachtsman has a great atmosphere and the food is amazing, IMO.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #14
FlipHipster
Blackbelt in Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts

Haven't tried LC but the rib eye and filet at the Yachtsman were fantastic. The sides are interesting... The rib eye comes with sweet onion jam, bone marrow, brioche, red wine butter. When I asked the sever about that, she simply said "you want something else, trust me".
I heard the porterhouse was great as well but it's 28oz. They wouldn't give us a smaller cut, it is what is is. And if you eat it all, you don't even get your meal free . They should at least give you a coupon for a free colonic.

Atmosphere/service was great.
FlipHipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #15
bleeps
DIS Veteran

If you haven't already made your ADR, I recommend doing Yachtmans on your last night of your trip. We always stay at BC/YC, and Yachtsmans is always our last night's dinner. Makes it easy and relaxing -- we always start packing up as we are getting ready to go to dinner, and then we finish up afterwards. So easy to be so close. But no matter which night you choose, I do think that you made the right choice of restaurant given all the practical considerations (we think the food is great at both places, but we'll only be doing Yachtsmans on our upcoming trip!).

Enjoy~~~

WDW once a year since 2003!
bleeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: