DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
sixisenough
Mouseketeer

Hilton Head Christmas Trip Help

Hello, wondering if any of you can help me please?
We are going to be spending Christmas break at Hilton Head

We will be there Dec 21-27, Can anyone recommend what we should do for dinner Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, especially for meals? We don't plan on cooking too much on this trip other than breakfast. Is anyone aware of any restaurants that will be open on these days?

Also, are there any cool Christmas activities going on in the area during this time?

We also will be flying in and out of Charleston if anyone has any reccomendations for there? We also are taking a day trip to Savannah!!
Any suggestions welcome

Thank you!!
Old 12-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixisenough View Post
Hello, wondering if any of you can help me please?
We are going to be spending Christmas break at Hilton Head

We will be there Dec 21-27, Can anyone recommend what we should do for dinner Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, especially for meals? We don't plan on cooking too much on this trip other than breakfast. Is anyone aware of any restaurants that will be open on these days?

Also, are there any cool Christmas activities going on in the area during this time?

We also will be flying in and out of Charleston if anyone has any reccomendations for there? We also are taking a day trip to Savannah!!
Any suggestions welcome

Thank you!!
Here is a link with the local activities on Hilton Head Island for December, 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024752 .

Many restaurants will be offering dinner on Christmas Eve - including ELA's Grille (within walking distance of the resort at Shelter Cove), Frankie Bones (a short drive away - and NO it's not a rib joint! ). M

Most restaurants will be closed Christmas day but I would expect that local Hotels would have dining available like the Omni and Marriott near the DVC Beach House.

Have a Merry Christmas at HH!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #3
rcchello
DIS Veteran

Was there Christmas day a bunch of years ago and the only place open on Christmas day was a diner. All the restaurants were closed. I suggest planning ahead for that day.

Also many restaurants in Savannah were closed that whole week.

Bob
OKW - SSR
Next Trip - Who knows???

Just because it worked for me or worked this way in the past or is part of the great Dis lore is no reason it will work this way in the future. Depending on the CM you get, new interpretation of the rules, changes in rules, weather over the Himalayas, your results may be different.
rcchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
Conan the Librarian
Been Visting the Mouse since 1972

In Savannah:

The Westin on the river has a "for pay" Christmas drive through and tour. Comes with food vouchers. We hope to do it in soon. I'll let you know if it is worth it.

Restaurants...River House is quite good. The Boss recommends the crab legs.
If you can get as far south as Jones street. Go to 105 W Jones and eat at Mrs Wilkes for lunch (they don't do supper). Best food around.

Vinnie Van Go Go's is GREAT pizza, but, they only take cash. NO plastic. Don't even try.

They might have the ice skating rink open in the Civic Center by that time. You would have to check closer to the date.

Drop me a note when you get closer and I'll do what I can.

Geek the Library! I Geek Astronomy!

s his

Before 2010 too many trips to count starting in 1972

2010 Feb (off site), May SSR, Oct HHI.
2011 May SSR, Oct HHI
2012 Feb (off site), May SSR
2013 Feb OKW, May SSR, Dec Ft. W
2014 Feb off site, May SSR, Dec SSR

2004 POR-Pop Century(May),POR (Oct), Ft Wilderness(Dec) 2005 HH(Jan), way off site(Feb), POR-Polynesian(May), Carribbean Beach(Oct), POP (Nov for Three Dog Night), Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2006 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)2007 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2008 HHI (Jan), Daytrip (Feb), SS (May), BV? (Oct)
2009 POP(Feb)WLV (Mar), SSR(May), SSR(Sept), FtW (Dec), HHI?(Dec)
Conan the Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: