Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
pklein09


DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 1st Place
 
pklein09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: East Windsor, NJ
Posts: 1,233

Anybody else having issues with Disneystore.com?

I ordered a Dooney on Cyber Monday - Nov 26. It has not been charged to my credit card, it has not shipped. The website can not pull up my order with the order number, but the order does show in my history when I put in dates. I've called Customer Service twice, once on Sunday and once just now. Both times I was told the same thing: you should receive an email saying it will be shipped in the next 24-48 hours.

Also, the CMs who handled my call were not the quality of CMs I'm used to from Disney....I think customer service has been farmed out. When I asked to speak with a supervisor, I was told none were available because it's busy and they don't have time to talk to customers.

I've never had this happen before, even when I ordered during Christmas season.

__________________

Have a Magical Day!!!
pklein09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
wannagoback
Broke them in before the trip
We were with Goofy and Donald on the Teacups ride
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Washington Coast
Posts: 479

Hi!

I placed an order on 11/23 and it shipped (and charged my CC) 11/29 and tracking info says estimated delivery is Thursday 12/6. I also had problems viewing tracking online until it actually shipped.

Hopefully yours will ship soon! I imagine they are super busy and if the website is not working properly they are likely fielding a lot of calls from frustrated and confused customers.
wannagoback is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
jiminy14
DIS Veteran
 
jiminy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,267

Quote:
Originally Posted by pklein09 View Post
I ordered a Dooney on Cyber Monday - Nov 26. It has not been charged to my credit card, it has not shipped. The website can not pull up my order with the order number, but the order does show in my history when I put in dates. I've called Customer Service twice, once on Sunday and once just now. Both times I was told the same thing: you should receive an email saying it will be shipped in the next 24-48 hours.

Also, the CMs who handled my call were not the quality of CMs I'm used to from Disney....I think customer service has been farmed out. When I asked to speak with a supervisor, I was told none were available because it's busy and they don't have time to talk to customers.

I've never had this happen before, even when I ordered during Christmas season.

I was glad to see you posted this. I placed a large order last Thursday on the phone because the website would not allow me to use a Disney Visa Rewards card code (which isn't unusual, I always have trouble with their codes). The CM I spoke with put me on hold several times to "check with a supervisor". She placed the order and gave me a confirmation code. I never received a confirmation e-mail and when I try to check my order online, I get the same message that tells me they cannot locate my order. I was concerned that my order may not have actually been placed or it got lost in the system, but now I see that others are experiencing the same problems.
Disneystore.com has always been slow to ship items which is unacceptable considering how high their shipping fees are.
jiminy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,727

I haven't checked my card but I ordered the Dooney and it hasn't shipped yet and I made another large order that hasn't shipped yet either. I was very annoyed.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I haven't checked my card but I ordered the Dooney and it hasn't shipped yet and I made another large order that hasn't shipped yet either. I was very annoyed.
Thats happened before to me a few times...
__________________
For the love of Disney...
wiigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
carebee21
DIS Veteran
 
carebee21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 8 Miles From Disney World!
Posts: 1,124

I just got an email about an hour ago that the order I purchased on 11/26 (very early in the morning) just shipped. They have always been slow to ship, but I think they're backed up even more due to black friday and cyber Monday.
__________________
Family:Me(33) DH(35) DS (10)
carebee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #7
pklein09


DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 1st Place
 
pklein09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: East Windsor, NJ
Posts: 1,233

I just got an email today that it shipped. I checked the website and there's a shipping number listed now.
__________________

Have a Magical Day!!!
pklein09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:20 AM   #8
disneysnowflake
DIS Veteran
 
disneysnowflake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,231

I ordered on Thanksgiving night. My order shows as Active and not shipped.
The only 2 items in my order that are not currently shown as sold out on their website are the holiday plush Minnie and Mickey. Everything else I ordered now shows as sold out.

Their website says that in order to receive your items by 12/8 using standard shipping, you must order by 11/28. I don't see that happening. I didn't order any personalized items, either.

It will be interesting to see what actually ships and when the order arrives.

And to think I was kicking myself for not waiting until Cyber Monday because I could have saved some extra $$. All the items I ordered on Thanksgiving night were still "in stock" on Cyber Monday.

I guess I can't complain though. She really wanted the entire Monster High Scaris line, and I was able to order every single one of them including Deuce from Amazon at regular retail. I got them all within 2 days of ordering. She's going to squeal with delight when she sees those dolls, and will probably shatter glass with the scream she'll produce when seeing the harder to find boy doll in with them.

I still hope my full order arrives from Disney though. They must have received a ton of orders.
__________________
Dec 04 POFQ Oct 05 Pop Dec 07 CR Dec 10 BLT Oct 11 POFQ Dec 14 CR


2014 we are renewing our wedding vows at WDW.
disneysnowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #9
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,727

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysnowflake View Post
I ordered on Thanksgiving night. My order shows as Active and not shipped.
The only 2 items in my order that are not currently shown as sold out on their website are the holiday plush Minnie and Mickey. Everything else I ordered now shows as sold out.

Their website says that in order to receive your items by 12/8 using standard shipping, you must order by 11/28. I don't see that happening. I didn't order any personalized items, either.

It will be interesting to see what actually ships and when the order arrives.

And to think I was kicking myself for not waiting until Cyber Monday because I could have saved some extra $$. All the items I ordered on Thanksgiving night were still "in stock" on Cyber Monday.

I guess I can't complain though. She really wanted the entire Monster High Scaris line, and I was able to order every single one of them including Deuce from Amazon at regular retail. I got them all within 2 days of ordering. She's going to squeal with delight when she sees those dolls, and will probably shatter glass with the scream she'll produce when seeing the harder to find boy doll in with them.

I still hope my full order arrives from Disney though. They must have received a ton of orders.
I still have 2 orders showing active. One from last Friday and one from Cyber Monday.This is ridiculous
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #10
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...
 
Halloweenqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4,396

During the busy season they outsource calls to a non Disney at home call center. These people only have a few days of training, it's just a seasonal job.

I placed an order on the 23rd and I just received it today. Never received any email updates and my order didn't even appear shipped on the website.

I was pleased to get a survey on my order experience and made a point to stress how terrible shipping time was!
__________________
dh me ds 16 dd 15 ds 15 dd 14 dd 10
Halloweenqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #11
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
During the busy season they outsource calls to a non Disney at home call center. These people only have a few days of training, it's just a seasonal job.

I placed an order on the 23rd and I just received it today. Never received any email updates and my order didn't even appear shipped on the website.

I was pleased to get a survey on my order experience and made a point to stress how terrible shipping time was!
Hopefully that is what happens with my stuff. even my active thing on line is whacky looking, like a web address with ? in it but says active in ther middle of all that
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #12
DanaLynn07
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 35

I'm having some crrrazy trouble as well. My order placed on the 26th still hasn't shipped. I emailed asking about it and I received the worst response I think I've ever gotten from a company. Please allow me to quote it for your entertainment...

"If you are receiving any error message or a message of question marks or
no order history. Please disregard that and accept our deepest apologize
for that opportunity with the website has given you."

Ugh. We leave in 10 days to go visit family for 2 weeks and if my order isn't here before then I'm going to be so annoyed with them. You would think 11 days, even when a company has a large influx of orders would be enough to ship out an order. Though, I've never had the best of luck with their online ordering and shipping.
DanaLynn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #14
disneygirl1972
DIS Veteran
 
disneygirl1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mandeville, La
Posts: 717

I treated myself to a Dooney satchel & wristlet to take on our DW trip leaving the evening of 12/11. I ordered on 11/29 in the a.m. As of just now, the cust service rep said it will not ship until 12/09(Sunday) , but it will only take one day Guess I won't have it for THIS trip.
__________________
disneygirl1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #15
Mel522
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,218

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy14 View Post
I was glad to see you posted this. I placed a large order last Thursday on the phone because the website would not allow me to use a Disney Visa Rewards card code (which isn't unusual, I always have trouble with their codes). The CM I spoke with put me on hold several times to "check with a supervisor". She placed the order and gave me a confirmation code. I never received a confirmation e-mail and when I try to check my order online, I get the same message that tells me they cannot locate my order. I was concerned that my order may not have actually been placed or it got lost in the system, but now I see that others are experiencing the same problems.
Disneystore.com has always been slow to ship items which is unacceptable considering how high their shipping fees are.
I had the exact same problem with an order a few weeks ago. The website wouldn't take my discount code, so I had to call and place the order. I never received an email and I couldn't check it online. I called about a week after making the order and was told that with phone orders you will not receive a confirmation email or be able to check online until the order has shipped. Once it shipped I did got an email and it showed up on my online account.
__________________
Mel522 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.