Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
pklein09

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 1st Place

Anybody else having issues with Disneystore.com?

I ordered a Dooney on Cyber Monday - Nov 26. It has not been charged to my credit card, it has not shipped. The website can not pull up my order with the order number, but the order does show in my history when I put in dates. I've called Customer Service twice, once on Sunday and once just now. Both times I was told the same thing: you should receive an email saying it will be shipped in the next 24-48 hours.

Also, the CMs who handled my call were not the quality of CMs I'm used to from Disney....I think customer service has been farmed out. When I asked to speak with a supervisor, I was told none were available because it's busy and they don't have time to talk to customers.

I've never had this happen before, even when I ordered during Christmas season.

Have a Magical Day!!!
pklein09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
wannagoback
Broke them in before the trip
We were with Goofy and Donald on the Teacups ride

Hi!

I placed an order on 11/23 and it shipped (and charged my CC) 11/29 and tracking info says estimated delivery is Thursday 12/6. I also had problems viewing tracking online until it actually shipped.

Hopefully yours will ship soon! I imagine they are super busy and if the website is not working properly they are likely fielding a lot of calls from frustrated and confused customers.
wannagoback is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
jiminy14
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pklein09 View Post
I ordered a Dooney on Cyber Monday - Nov 26. It has not been charged to my credit card, it has not shipped. The website can not pull up my order with the order number, but the order does show in my history when I put in dates. I've called Customer Service twice, once on Sunday and once just now. Both times I was told the same thing: you should receive an email saying it will be shipped in the next 24-48 hours.

Also, the CMs who handled my call were not the quality of CMs I'm used to from Disney....I think customer service has been farmed out. When I asked to speak with a supervisor, I was told none were available because it's busy and they don't have time to talk to customers.

I've never had this happen before, even when I ordered during Christmas season.

I was glad to see you posted this. I placed a large order last Thursday on the phone because the website would not allow me to use a Disney Visa Rewards card code (which isn't unusual, I always have trouble with their codes). The CM I spoke with put me on hold several times to "check with a supervisor". She placed the order and gave me a confirmation code. I never received a confirmation e-mail and when I try to check my order online, I get the same message that tells me they cannot locate my order. I was concerned that my order may not have actually been placed or it got lost in the system, but now I see that others are experiencing the same problems.
Disneystore.com has always been slow to ship items which is unacceptable considering how high their shipping fees are.
jiminy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I haven't checked my card but I ordered the Dooney and it hasn't shipped yet and I made another large order that hasn't shipped yet either. I was very annoyed.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I haven't checked my card but I ordered the Dooney and it hasn't shipped yet and I made another large order that hasn't shipped yet either. I was very annoyed.
Thats happened before to me a few times...
Old 12-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
carebee21
DIS Veteran

I just got an email about an hour ago that the order I purchased on 11/26 (very early in the morning) just shipped. They have always been slow to ship, but I think they're backed up even more due to black friday and cyber Monday.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #7
pklein09

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 1st Place

I just got an email today that it shipped. I checked the website and there's a shipping number listed now.

Have a Magical Day!!!
pklein09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:20 AM   #8
disneysnowflake
DIS Veteran

I ordered on Thanksgiving night. My order shows as Active and not shipped.
The only 2 items in my order that are not currently shown as sold out on their website are the holiday plush Minnie and Mickey. Everything else I ordered now shows as sold out.

Their website says that in order to receive your items by 12/8 using standard shipping, you must order by 11/28. I don't see that happening. I didn't order any personalized items, either.

It will be interesting to see what actually ships and when the order arrives.

And to think I was kicking myself for not waiting until Cyber Monday because I could have saved some extra $$. All the items I ordered on Thanksgiving night were still "in stock" on Cyber Monday.

I guess I can't complain though. She really wanted the entire Monster High Scaris line, and I was able to order every single one of them including Deuce from Amazon at regular retail. I got them all within 2 days of ordering. She's going to squeal with delight when she sees those dolls, and will probably shatter glass with the scream she'll produce when seeing the harder to find boy doll in with them.

I still hope my full order arrives from Disney though. They must have received a ton of orders.

2014 we are renewing our wedding vows at WDW.
disneysnowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #9
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysnowflake View Post
I ordered on Thanksgiving night. My order shows as Active and not shipped.
The only 2 items in my order that are not currently shown as sold out on their website are the holiday plush Minnie and Mickey. Everything else I ordered now shows as sold out.

Their website says that in order to receive your items by 12/8 using standard shipping, you must order by 11/28. I don't see that happening. I didn't order any personalized items, either.

It will be interesting to see what actually ships and when the order arrives.

And to think I was kicking myself for not waiting until Cyber Monday because I could have saved some extra $$. All the items I ordered on Thanksgiving night were still "in stock" on Cyber Monday.

I guess I can't complain though. She really wanted the entire Monster High Scaris line, and I was able to order every single one of them including Deuce from Amazon at regular retail. I got them all within 2 days of ordering. She's going to squeal with delight when she sees those dolls, and will probably shatter glass with the scream she'll produce when seeing the harder to find boy doll in with them.

I still hope my full order arrives from Disney though. They must have received a ton of orders.
I still have 2 orders showing active. One from last Friday and one from Cyber Monday.This is ridiculous
Old 12-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #10
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

During the busy season they outsource calls to a non Disney at home call center. These people only have a few days of training, it's just a seasonal job.

I placed an order on the 23rd and I just received it today. Never received any email updates and my order didn't even appear shipped on the website.

I was pleased to get a survey on my order experience and made a point to stress how terrible shipping time was!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #11
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
During the busy season they outsource calls to a non Disney at home call center. These people only have a few days of training, it's just a seasonal job.

I placed an order on the 23rd and I just received it today. Never received any email updates and my order didn't even appear shipped on the website.

I was pleased to get a survey on my order experience and made a point to stress how terrible shipping time was!
Hopefully that is what happens with my stuff. even my active thing on line is whacky looking, like a web address with ? in it but says active in ther middle of all that
Old 12-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #12
DanaLynn07
Earning My Ears

I'm having some crrrazy trouble as well. My order placed on the 26th still hasn't shipped. I emailed asking about it and I received the worst response I think I've ever gotten from a company. Please allow me to quote it for your entertainment...

"If you are receiving any error message or a message of question marks or
no order history. Please disregard that and accept our deepest apologize
for that opportunity with the website has given you."

Ugh. We leave in 10 days to go visit family for 2 weeks and if my order isn't here before then I'm going to be so annoyed with them. You would think 11 days, even when a company has a large influx of orders would be enough to ship out an order. Though, I've never had the best of luck with their online ordering and shipping.
DanaLynn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #14
disneygirl1972
DIS Veteran

I treated myself to a Dooney satchel & wristlet to take on our DW trip leaving the evening of 12/11. I ordered on 11/29 in the a.m. As of just now, the cust service rep said it will not ship until 12/09(Sunday) , but it will only take one day Guess I won't have it for THIS trip.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #15
Mel522
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy14 View Post
I was glad to see you posted this. I placed a large order last Thursday on the phone because the website would not allow me to use a Disney Visa Rewards card code (which isn't unusual, I always have trouble with their codes). The CM I spoke with put me on hold several times to "check with a supervisor". She placed the order and gave me a confirmation code. I never received a confirmation e-mail and when I try to check my order online, I get the same message that tells me they cannot locate my order. I was concerned that my order may not have actually been placed or it got lost in the system, but now I see that others are experiencing the same problems.
Disneystore.com has always been slow to ship items which is unacceptable considering how high their shipping fees are.
I had the exact same problem with an order a few weeks ago. The website wouldn't take my discount code, so I had to call and place the order. I never received an email and I couldn't check it online. I called about a week after making the order and was told that with phone orders you will not receive a confirmation email or be able to check online until the order has shipped. Once it shipped I did got an email and it showed up on my online account.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: