Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
Mama Odie
Mouseketeer

Floaties/swim vests?

How deep are the family pools on the Dream? Does DCL provide swim vests for younger swimmers? I'm trying to figure out whether I need to bring water wings for my 6 yr. old. Or is that allowed? I saw that DCL prohibits "inflatable floats" but I assume they're talking about floating loungers and mats? How big do you have to be to ride the Aquaduck?

Thanks!

~ Julie ~

Loved our first Disney cruise so much, I even wrote a song about it!
Mama Odie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Actually, they are talking about anything that is inflatable and floats. There are no life vests permitted in the pools--there just isn't ROOM for them. The family pools are about 3 1/2 feet full of water (I think they are officially 4 feet deep), and very crowded. They are more like a place to get wet than a place to swim.

Your 6 year old will b able to ride the Duck with you, but is probably too small to ride solo.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
leighi123
Earning My Ears

Aquaduck is 42", my 5yr old was 2" too small!

Waterwings aren't safe to begin with, and I didn't see a single kid with them on. I did see some kids with "puddle jumpers" (which are coast guard approved), and lifejackets (also coast guard approved).

I'm a former lifeguard and our pools were all "no inflatables", the only stuff we allowed were coast guard approved lifejackets.

I'd get your kid a lifejacket, or just keep them in the Mickey pool, which is knee deep.
leighi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
Plaid Princess
Recovering CM, Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighi123
Aquaduck is 42", my 5yr old was 2" too small!

Waterwings aren't safe to begin with, and I didn't see a single kid with them on. I did see some kids with "puddle jumpers" (which are coast guard approved), and lifejackets (also coast guard approved).

I'm a former lifeguard and our pools were all "no inflatables", the only stuff we allowed were coast guard approved lifejackets.
Agreed! The only thing more dangerous than water wings are baby floats. Disney doesn't allow water wings if there's a lifeguard on duty because its a huge liability (at least the didn't when I was a lifeguard for them).

Plaid Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: