Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How would you grade 2012 for you personally?
A 21 15.44%
B 36 26.47%
C 32 23.53%
D 25 18.38%
F 22 16.18%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #46
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

I would have to say A- to B+.

Bottom line...We're all together, we're healthy (after a couple of health scares/surgery), and we have jobs with health insurance. That's all that matters.

It was a great travel year for us. Lots of fun overall.

Still have December to get through with another round of doctor visits. Got my fingers crossed.
mickeysgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:21 PM   #47
SideshowBob
Oil Can aficionado
Screams like a little girl
Doesn't like things that go "bump" in the night
Is a SUPERSTAR!HOT as Heckuba here right now

very good idea for thread!

A+

still healthy and tennis with sons a big plus and love my job every day (though in S. Florida on business now and look forward to getting back to Orlando!) Alas DD off to college next year but perfect verbal SAT and early admission good thus far. I shall SO miss her!!!

"The Enemy's Gate is Down!"
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #48
4forMe
DIS Veteran

I gave a grade of D- for this past year.

DH and I attended 4 funerals this past summer, including my best friend's funeral.

I have been having ongoing health problems.

My 88 year old grandmother needs a lot more care now which has caused a great deal of stress in the family.

My brother lost his job 5 months ago with no new job in sight though he has been on several interviews.

I could go on and on . . .

The only reason I did not give this year an F is because we had a great family trip to Disney over Spring Break, and my kids are all happy and healthy.

My best year would be 2000. My oldest was 1 year old and I so enjoyed that year with him. I was also in the best shape of my life. We ended that year announcing to friends and family on New Year's Eve that we were expecting twins (I was elated to find out we were having twins!).
4forMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #49
lovemygoofy
Man I shot myself in the foot
I got new moves and everything ready for some serious tips
No, in case you ever wondered, golf carts can't float
Loved by many!

I'm giving the year a C. It could be better and be worse. I'm also not going to bring on trouble by saying it couldn't get worse.

We moved from DC to the badly named Ft. Bliss, TX.

I had ankle reconstructive surgery but now so much better than I was.

My MIL had a heart attack and now diagnosed serious medical problems. She has no means to support herself including health insurance so my husband and his sister share the support of her financially.

My own mom flipped her car this October and really messed up her knee and has been staying with me since her car accident. I hope to take her home in January but then also have to buy her a car as we also help support my mom.

My husband's grandfather is now in failing health but we did manage a quick trip up north to see the grandparents and hope nothing bad happens while my husband is away.

Oh and my doctor has told me that I need to come to terms with that I will need a full hysterectomy in the next 2 years. I'm only 34 and understand that this will finish out my dreams of a baby but my health is more important.

2013 has my husband going away so can't really say that it's going to be the best year either but I'm loved and I love so I will get through.

Love doesn't make the world go around, it makes the ride worthwhile...
lovemygoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #50
stargazer2892
Mouseketeer

I voted B but the more I think about it should have been A. With exception of my Nana who is 83 and is getting Alzheimer's everyone is healthy and happy. DS was born in February, my parents moved down in May to be with their grandson, both of us have jobs, most importantly DS is a happy, healthy, very rambunctious almost 10 month old. All said and done 2012 has been a pretty good year for us.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #51
Mom_Rides
DIS Veteran

This year has been good for us. I gave it a B.

The good: DH got a nice raise. DSS are both on the honor roll. DD started kindergarten and is excelling with her work. I'm healthier then last year and our immediate family is healthy. We vacationed to Florida to see MIL and spent two magical days at Disney and let DD be the princess she is!

The bad: DH's grandmothers health is failing. DH's stepdad has cancer and is getting treatment in Florida thus causing them not to come home for as long this year and the kids miss them terribly. My beloved kitty passed away . She was 14 years old and she was my first baby.

Our first trip! June 5-11, 2010 @ POR
A short trip just for our Princess! April 17-19, 2012 @ POP
Mom_Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #52
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

I would rate 2012 a "B"... for the following reasons

- A new baby! We were initially shocked and in total denial but we're totally on board with it now. No looking back!
- I started school! It's incredibly stressful at times but its what I want to do and we will ALL get through it!
- We moved 2000 miles away so I could fulfill my education. This has probably been the hardest thing we've ever had to do, thus far. I really miss my friends and family. There are days where I am lonely and wish I had my old friends around me. A handful have children and they're all super excited for our child, but it would have been easier if we were closer to home. I am making new friends, it just takes time.

Hoping for Dec. 2015!
pigletgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #53
mickeyboat
Nothing like the cream and chocolate combination
Thank you for omitting the footwear today
Moons are a sign of intelligence and beauty

I was thinking C, because I am feeling very "C ish" today, but when I gave it some thought, I don't really have that much to be unhappy about. So an A it is.

DH and I celebrated our 20th anniversary with a trip to Mexico.

My brother and father both survived major health crises.

DDs had a great school year last year and are doing well this year, too.

We got a new puppy this summer.

Our summer vacation was as great as usual.

DDs are playing on a travel hockey team for the first time and they love it.

We finally sold FIL's home and received our inheritance from his estate.

I have a great job and got a bonus this fall which will pay for DD12's braces.

Our cars are running, our house doesn't need any major repairs, we all have our health.

DH's business is cyclically slow right now, but we have saved enough to get through the winter without a problem, and I love having dinner made when I get home.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to think about what is really good in my life.

So couldnít we all come to the conclusion that itís not the PLACE that counts, itís the people who contribute to it? - Delswife
mickeyboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #54
DopeyDame
DIS Veteran

I voted C, but B- is probably more fair. It was a good year - definitely a passing grade - but it failed to live up to its potential.
(We had expected to adopt again this year, but it looks like it will be 2013 or 2014.)
DopeyDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #55
Squirlz
DIS Veteran

We had a great year. My Wife and I experienced so many new things and places together. We've only been together 4 1/2 years and honestly every year is better than the last. I am very lucky! A+
Squirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #56
kate_wdw
DIS Veteran

Great topic!

For me, this was a year of high highs and low lows so I averaged them out and gave the year a C.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #57
disney4us2002
Tagless by choice!!

I'm not feeling very optimistic for the state of the economy and where this country is heading so I'm feeling C ish but then there have been some awesome aspects to the year such as our middle ds earning "Rookie of the Year" in his freshman collegiate year of pitching. I guess that is probably true of most years, highs and lows...

My favorite year was 1986 but that too was a roller coaster of ups and downs. I graduated college and married my dh but my mother was diagnosed with ovarian cancer that eventually took her life (not in '86 though).

disney4us2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #58
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

I gave 2012 a C.
When you average out the highs and lows, that's what I get.

Junior Brody Stella Luna Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #59
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

I'll play...... I give it a B. Some crappy times.... Cat died,, guinea pig died, my grandma died.... But the great things were... I got a new job, my kids and husband have had a healthy year and we went to Disney and DH has agreed to go to Disney two times a year instead of once a year... And my twin nephews were born. I miss grandma terribly and still cry a couple of times a week but she had a long happy life and she was starting to suffer. She is no longer in pain.... But I am because I miss her so.

I am having a hard time with the best year, but I can tell you the 2 worst.... 2004 & 2010. 2004 my DS had brain surgery and 2010 DH was very sick and I thought he wouldn't make it. But even in those years i would have graded them a C because through those very hard times I became closer to God and my family and was able to see the truly important things in life.
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #60
bushdianee
I had a water fun day planned
I tend to buy way too many t-shirts when I visit WDW

DMy mom died, my 4 year old nephew was diagnosed with a birth defect and almost died after haing a supposedly minor surgery. Many family members including me have had health issues, I have a very challenging job this year.

On the plus side my nephew recovered, I had a trip to WDW with a special niece, my siblings and I are now closer than ever and Mom isn't suffering any more.

2013 is going to star out with my 3 sisters and I taking a short trip together. According to my co-woker across the hall next year(starting in Aug.) my job will be much less challenging!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: