Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How would you grade 2012 for you personally?
A 21 15.44%
B 36 26.47%
C 32 23.53%
D 25 18.38%
F 22 16.18%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #31
wilderness01
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurgswife View Post
Big Fat F - My dad died, my dog died, my hubby is still unemployed, my dd is having emotional issues....I'd probably could go on but that's enough...
Me too Kimball. Let's hope 2013 is a much better year for all of us.

Prepare your child for the path, not the path for your child.
wilderness01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #32
themilesfamily
Wanna potty with Spongebob Squarepants?

to everyone who has gone through trials and difficult times this year.

And to everyone who enjoyed major milestones and good times.

I hope 2013 is a wonderful year for everyone!!!

I'm giving 2012 a C. My DD is doing well in school, I found a part-time job that works for me at the moment. My discontents are mostly involving issues that I failed to deal with and goals I didn't accomplish. So it was a good year and I've been given much -- but I know I can do better with what I have been given!

My favorite year: 1991 always comes to mind -- I was a junior in college. I was an RA on my floor. I lived with people I adored. I had really found my community and place in the world. One of the times in my life when I was really happy and knew it.
themilesfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #33
StephMK
DIS Veteran

I'd say it's a toss up between a C-/D+. FIL has incurable health issues that could take him in a moment, other family with health concerns not quite identified yet, and I lost my job. We had some expensive home repairs that came at a bad time and DH's beater commuter car finally bit the dust. But not until after he talked me into replacing the tires on it 2 months ago.

On the plus side, DD graduated and has had a successful first semester at college. I have also had some promising contacts in the last few weeks so it appears 2013 could be looking much more positive on the job front. I thought we were finally going to get to move but that doesn't appear to be in the cards. One of these job prospects would make the thought of staying put more tolerable.

This year does not compete with the year when everything went wrong and we were counting days to a new year. I am thankful not to repeat that kind of year.

I am generally a positive person so it's tough to feel such a weight of things. I just hope we all enjoy a better 2013 or as happy year if you are a pp who enjoyed 2012.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #34
momtojandj
Mouseketeer

I gave my year an F, my husbands grams passed away at 93. And then my husband was killed in Oct in a motorcycle accident, he was 42. Positive....I have 2 amazing kids ..
momtojandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #35
mamamary
DIS Veteran

I gave my year a C. I almost gave it a D until I read everyone else's responses. My DD had gotten very sick this year but she's fine now but my dbil is currently extremely sick so that has been horrible.

Best years: hmmm 1989 got married, "97 had DS, "99 had DD

me dh ds (16) dd (15) and Baxter (my 7 year old lab - rescued from a shelter)

mamamary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #36
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

C+

I am happier in my job now than I was in 2011.

I put on weight.

Bought a new car.

Got a raise, but it was only 2%. And now my insurance cost is going up.

But at least I have a job.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #37
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol

I'm going to say a D to a D-. It really started lady December with my husband landing in the hospital with a false alarm....thought he was having a heart attack, the next day I had a mammogram where they found a lump....turned out to be a cyst but still very scary, the following day my mother fell and broke a couple of bones. Christmas eve I found out my SIL and BIL were separating after almost 20 years if marriage. The following week same BIL fell off a roof. Thank god he was ok. 2012 hasn't been much better. BIL going thru tons of ridiculous crap with crazy SIL. My MIL is about to have a nervous breakdown because of it all. My FIL has been on and out of the hospital with several illnesses. And my father had a cancer scare!

Bring on 2013!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #38
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Our health was better and no one lost their job. I also got to go to Florida twice this year which was nice.

However I still have a bad job so no 'A'. Yes, it's better than no job but still...
Old 12-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #39
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

I gave 2012 a B, good year overall.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #40
violetrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtojandj View Post
I gave my year an F, my husbands grams passed away at 93. And then my husband was killed in Oct in a motorcycle accident, he was 42. Positive....I have 2 amazing kids ..
That is so sad. I am sorry for you and all the people who had a death this year.

I was going to give our year a C until I read some others here and now I am going to say a B. Our kids are happy and well adjusted, our health is good and so is the rest of our family. We did have to buy a new furnance this year, and we had to put down my parents 14-year old boxer, but all in all not a bad year.

violetrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #41
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Oh I am so sorry.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #42
design_mom
I am probably more like my dad than I care to admit
I hate touching raw meat

I gave this year a C. It seems to have had more ups and downs than a usual year.

We had some bad things happen -- I lost my job, our dog died of cancer, we had to cancel a vacation (because of the dog), we got in a fender-bender, son is having a difficult adjustment to middle school (normal growing-up stuff, but I hate to see him suffer). But things could have been worse and we had some good things happen, too. I found another job quickly (not quite as good as the previous job, but I feel lucky to have it). We had a great family vacation (we had two planned for the year and we were able to take the first one). All in all, good and bad sort of averaged out, but I am hoping that 2013 is more calm and even-keeled!

My best year was probably 2001, when we adopted our son. <3 (Adopting our daughter was pretty great too, but there is something wonderful about becoming a parent for the first time.)
Old 12-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #43
abdmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My dh was 42 too. It will be 7 years next week. Uggh.
abdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #44
design_mom
I am probably more like my dad than I care to admit
I hate touching raw meat

Quote:
So sorry to hear.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #45
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
I am so very sorry to hear. Best wishes for 2013.

I gave the year a C. I lost my full-time job in July and have been unable to find another one. I was laid off just 2 weeks after a wonderful trip to Disney World with my DH and our 2 granddaughters (12 & 14). Also, even though I was laid off, our Disney cruise was already paid for, so we went with our daughter who recently graduated from college. Except for the hurricane, which we bumped into, it was a great cruise.

The end is coming to a close, and I took a Part Time job to get out of the house. My 91 year old father in law was admitted to the hospital on Monday - still waiting to see what is going on. So yes there were ups and downs, but overall, it wasn't too bad. I just hope that I find a Full Time job soon.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: