Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
Sleepyluke
Mouseketeer

Opinions needed - How full will it stay?

I am looking for a cruise somewhere between next October and December and looking at the options on the Fantasy there are few choices for the interior cabins, which one is that it pushes the price up, even if people are never planning to use them, but my real question is this: How many do you think are actually looking to travel next December? I know these have been placeholder cruises for alot of people booking on board for a future 2014 cruise, but do you think 50% of these people will drop them at some point, or do you think the December cruises are really that popular? Time fo the year really does not matter for us, but trying to decide between the not so scary halloween party and the very merry Christmas party is the big delima. We have cruised during both times and loved both of them, but this will be a first on the Fantasy.....

Thanks for the opinions
Sleepyluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Early December is where most people park their "dummy" or "placeholder" reservations. This is typically a very slow time for cruises and the ships sail with many empty cabins.

Your best bet would be to see what is remaining after the 2014 dates are announced (and people will have moved their placeholders). I suspect there will suddenly be a lot of availability, especially in the least costly cabins (lower deposits for placeholders).
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #3
TDluvsDaisy
DVC Member BCV & VGF

Many people plan their cruises far in advance. Naturally some drop out because life happens.

Disney cruises generally go up in price. However if you see a sailing that still has a bunch of staterooms still available there could be a gty rate that may happen. It's a risk to wait that is for sure.

Personally I book based on my budget and when I want to sail. The beginning of December would still be nice and it's outside the normal hurricane season. The temps will be a little cooler.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: