Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
WDW Fan since 1975
Mouseketeer

Trip Report: MVMCP

I just posted this over on a MVMCP thread... thought others would like to read it too:

I just got back from a 3 day trip that included MVMCP on Sunday, December 2. I'll be brief, but will give info on the stuff that I did and observed.

Saturday - Day 1: Arrived in Orlando about 5:30 pm, made it to Pop Century, freshened up and then took the bus to the Magic Kingdom where we transfered to the monorail to get to the Polynesian Resort for our 8:30 dinner reservations at The Kona Cafe. We both enjoyed our dinner (I had the teriaki steak, gf had the noodles with shrimp.) Very nice atmosphere, good dinner, good waiter. It was fun to walk around Polynesian - I've never been there (and hope that someday I can afford to stay there.) At Pop Century we stayed in the 70's section near the lake - it was very quiet!

Sunday - Day 2: After a breakfast at the food court in Pop Century (TONS of people/kids that early) we walked over the bridge to the Art of Animation resort to check it out. OMG - it is VERY charming! They did a GREAT job on it. You feel like you're in the ocean in the Nemo section, and the Cars section was great. (Didn't check out Lion King area.) We made it back to our resort and changed into swim suits and then hung out at the Hippy Dippy pool for a few hours (it was about 80 degrees that day.) Very nice time.

We then changed into park wear and made it to the Magic Kingdom for MVMCP. I attended last year (mid November) and had a blast. This year was VERY different for me. It seemed like there were MANY MORE PEOPLE!!! The biggest problem was getting from point A to point B. It was just very CROWDED!! We only rode 4 rides that night. In 2011 I think I rode 4 times that much at least. The line for Casey's Hot Dogs was unreal. We had our photo taken with Mickey on Main Street, we didn't attempt the character photo areas. We liked the Tomorrowland show, we saw bits of the Castle show, and watched the 2nd parade. The parade was changed up a bit from last year, but still included all your favorites. LOVE the toy soldiers!! Overall it was a nice Christmas party, but it seemed overly crowded this year. This was my girlfriend's first time, so I think she was a bit disappointed based on my experience last year.

Monday - Day 3: After packing and dropping off our luggage at the hotel, we made it over to the Contemporary Resort for breakfast at The Wave of American Flavors. Nice place, very relaxing atmosphere (compared to the food court madness at Pop!!) but pricey - we had the buffet which was $19.99 a person! (entrees were about $10.99 to 12.99 each). But I was on vacation and that's what I wanted. It was a good meal, I'd go again. We then made it to Downtown Disney for some shopping. World of Disney was a madhouse! It usually is, but I guess because Christmas is coming made it worse. But we got what we wanted without trouble and then made it back to our hotel for the ride back to the airport.

It was a short and sweet trip, but it was fun. I'm glad I added some meals at different resorts, that made it a lot of fun and we both enjoyed the experience. And we love riding the monorail!! I just think that there were entirely too many people at the park for MVMCP.

Was anyone else there on Sunday, December 2? Let me know what you thought!!

Mike.
16 Past WDW Vacations: 1: 06/1975; 2: 1978; 3: 03/1989; 4: 04/1996; 5: 05/1997; 6: 05/2009 (CBR); 7: 06/2010; 8: 09/2011 (CBR); 9: 11/2011 (POP - Solo #1 and MVMCP #1); 10: 05/2012 (Sports - Solo #2); 11: 06/2012 (Music); 12: 09/2012 (POP - Solo #3); 13: 12/2012 (POP - MVMCP #2); 14: 05/2013 (POP - Solo #4); 15: 11/2013 (Movies); 16: 05/2014 (POP - Solo #5); 17: 11/2014 (CSR); Number 18 is ON for April, 2015!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: