Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #16
moomy-san
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanimal View Post
Just when I thought their offerings couldn't get any more boring.....
I thought the same thing. Same old, same old.
DCL Western Caribbean aboard the Fantasy February 2014

Next up... DCL Eastern aboard the Fantasy with NO KIDS February 2015! And we're GOLD, Baby!
moomy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #17
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

This is a joke. I'm booking with a different line.
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #18
davids68girl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressmom View Post
i think if they sailed out of Galveston in the summer they would sell out. It's a shame they didn't try it.
Agreed!

Trips-Almost every year growing up-day trips only or stayed off site, 2003-AS Sports, 2008-ASMu, 2009-CSR, 2009-POR & Pop, 2010- AKL & WL, 2011-All Star Sports & Pop , 2011-Cruise-Dream, 2012-POFQ, 2013-AoA & WL, 2013-AoA
davids68girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #19
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

So the waiting game continues for something interesting. I assume the Wonder will still do its major dry dock in summer 2014, and the Magic will go to Alaska.

YAWN!
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #20
Kim&Chris
dreaming of relaxing & soaking up the warm sun at Serenity Bay....

I'm just happy I can sail the Magic out of Port Canaveral again. I can't wait
Kim&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #21
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim&Chris View Post
I'm just happy I can sail the Magic out of Port Canaveral again. I can't wait
With the rumor that an Aquaduck may be added to the Magic, I can see why they would bring it back to PC.
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #22
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight

With the rumor that an Aquaduck may be added to the Magic
I would be SHOCKED (and disappointed) if they did that.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #23
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post
With the rumor that an Aquaduck may be added to the Magic, I can see why they would bring it back to PC.
It would have to be a much smaller Aquaduck.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #24
mkmommy
DIS Veteran

Is there really enough people wanting to do 3/4 night cruises to fill the Magic and Dream, every week? Unless there is a huge price difference why would someone book the Magic, doing the same thing as the Dream.

I did not get last years itineraries , but I really don't get these. I am scared to see what the rest of 2014 will be!

mkmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #25
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmommy
Is there really enough people wanting to do 3/4 night cruises to fill the Magic and Dream, every week? Unless there is a huge price difference why would someone book the Magic, doing the same thing as the Dream.

I did not get last years itineraries , but I really don't get these. I am scared to see what the rest of 2014 will be!
And when you add the Wonder doing 4/5 from Miami, really what's going on?
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #26
Kim&Chris
dreaming of relaxing & soaking up the warm sun at Serenity Bay....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post
I'm actually hoping they don't add an Aquaduck to any of the smaller ships. I love them just the way they are.

My only disappointment is that I was really hoping to see a Bermuda itinerary added for 2014. Who knows? Maybe we'll see something interesting for the 2nd half of the year. Fingers crossed.
Kim&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #27
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim&Chris View Post
I'm actually hoping they don't add an Aquaduck to any of the smaller ships. I love them just the way they are.

My only disappointment is that I was really hoping to see a Bermuda itinerary added for 2014. Who knows? Maybe we'll see something interesting for the 2nd half of the year. Fingers crossed.
Bermuda would not start until about May so there is still hope.....we went to Bermuda on Mother's day on a another cruise line it was a bit chilly some days. I am also hoping for Bermuda out of NYC during the summer of 2014.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #28
darwinsrule
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim&Chris
We need to move our dummy date forward but to be honest we are far from thrilled with what we are seeing. Our dates are fixed since DW is a teacher. We will move the dummy to cover ourselves but we will also look at other lines now that we know what DCL is offering.

Now if they come up with Bermuda we will be on whatever ship they put on that run. Did Bermuda last summer on another line (since yet another trip to Nassau was NOT going to happen). Will definitely go back even if it means giving our $$$ to a non-Disney entity.
August'14 NCL Getaway ** March'15 Disney Wonder

Me DW DD9 DD5
darwinsrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #29
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Just a different take on this because, yeah, when I read the itineraries for the first part of 2014 my first thought was, "Geez. Are they trying to beat the Bahamas to death?" Then I popped over to the blog again. I know I haven't been hip to the cruises for a terribly long time but it stood out to me that there's 1 pic of a ship at CC, a short sentence pointing people to "more options to visit Castaway Cay", which is followed closely by the ill-fitting suggestion to "combine your cruise with a visit to Walt Disney World Resort and experience the expanded New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park". Then there's a big ol' picture of the New Fantasyland concept art. I'm wondering if running 2 ships on the 3- & 4- night Bahamian out of PC is a direct push to boost attendance at the parks since WDW's hotel occupancy and attendance isn't exactly keeping pace with their competition? Just a thought. I'm no numbers person and can't quote stats. This is based on my understanding of how things have been going and things I recall reading here or there regarding the numbers at the WDW resort vs. other Orlando parks/resorts.
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
9/14 DCL Dream w/friends
9/14 Disneyland sans kids
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
11/15 DCL Wonder
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #30
RedxPanda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993
Just a different take on this because, yeah, when I read the itineraries for the first part of 2014 my first thought was, "Geez. Are they trying to beat the Bahamas to death?" Then I popped over to the blog again. I know I haven't been hip to the cruises for a terribly long time but it stood out to me that there's 1 pic of a ship at CC, a short sentence pointing people to "more options to visit Castaway Cay", which is followed closely by the ill-fitting suggestion to "combine your cruise with a visit to Walt Disney World Resort and experience the expanded New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park". Then there's a big ol' picture of the New Fantasyland concept art. I'm wondering if running 2 ships on the 3- & 4- night Bahamian out of PC is a direct push to boost attendance at the parks since WDW's hotel occupancy and attendance isn't exactly keeping pace with their competition? Just a thought. I'm no numbers person and can't quote stats. This is based on my understanding of how things have been going and things I recall reading here or there regarding the numbers at the WDW resort vs. other Orlando parks/resorts.
That is my theory as well, but in reverse. I think it's to boost DCL profits more so. Attendance at WDW is astronomical vs Universal and Sea World. Not sure about the hotels end of things, but the parks for sure are always top runners. Especially with Fantasyland opening. Tons of people will be rushing to see the new stuff....so they will probably push the Magic hard to new customers as its rates will be lower than Dream.

We sailed Magic during the short period both Magic and Dream were sailing PC this year. They both sold well and I don't think as many discounts had to be offered. Magic was priced very reasonably and that's how I got DH to cave on DCL pricing! Now we know the DCL touch and will sail again when it fits our price point. Exactly what they're trying to do with millions more first time DCL cruisers.

Past Sailings/Recent Trips
CCL Triumph - 7N E. Caribbean - 12/2006
NCL POA - 7N Hawaii - 3/2010
CBR - 4 Parks 4 Days - 5/2010
Disney Magic - 4N Bahamas - 5/2012 - Trip Report
Disney Wonder - 5N W. Caribbean - 1/28/2013 - CC Review - Trip Report
CCL Dream - 7N W. Caribbean - 6/22/13 - Port Reviews
RedxPanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: