Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #16
elaw
DIS Veteran

Having stayed at both multiple times, I would pick BC over BWI ... but that is just my personal preference.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #17
PlainJane
It was wonderful both times
I only throw pillows

I've stayed at both. For myself, I prefer the BWI. I have, however, already been able to stay at the Yacht Club once and BCV multiple times, which means that I've been to SAB a lot of times, so it doesn't play into my decision as much.

The reasons I like the BWI more:

1. Themeing. The New England coastal theme is nice at Beach Club. OTOH, the decor, the entertainment on the BW and sometimes in the lobby, and the big band music playing softly around the public areas of the BWI/BWV make me feel like I've been transported to a different time and place. I just feel like I'm in a really nice hotel at YC/BC.

2. The restaurants. We really enjoy the Big River Grill. I also like the variation of restaurants on the Boardwalk. The only restaurant we really like at YC/BC is Beaches and Cream.

3. The gift shops. The gift shop on the BW is a lot nicer to me than the gift shops at YC/BC, and there is also a smaller gift shop in the lobby for convenience.

4. Location. It's closer to Swan/Dolphin and is a more reasonable walking distance to DHS. The boat dock is also more convenient. The BW boat dock is much shorter, so it's easier to catch a boat if you walk up at the last minute.

5. The rooms. Full balcony.

All that said, as a 12 year old I would probably have preferred the BC. I was, actually, given the choice as a 14 year old to stay at whatever Disney resort I wanted to for a couple of days. I chose the Yacht Club. Mostly because of the pool. At that point, the only Disney resort I had stayed at was OKW. I had visited almost all of them though.
PlainJane is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #18
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyLizzy View Post
Beach Club...always Beach Club!

-Storm Along Bay
-Beaches and Cream
-arcade right next to the pool
-location (some of the rooms at BWI are SO far from the main building/Epcot that they are practically at the Studios
-the Magic Kingdom bus for BWI shares with S & D. BC only shares with YC.

I think BWI is a great resort too, and you can't really go wrong with either one. My personal preference is just BC Have a great trip!
I second this!

Book at Beach Club. You won't regret it!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend and now planning 6/14 POP/GF/BC CL split stay

catho72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #19
DisneyFansInNYC
DIS Veteran

That is our same dilemma. We love them both. BC is definitely better with younger kids. My teens loved the BW activity. We had a boardwalk view with a deck and we would sit and watch them shop on the boardwalk. Each night there is a lot of activity on the boardwalk like magicians. Though we love the BC pool, and lobby plus the kids love the arcade. The both hotels are very close to each other so when we would be staying at one the kids could easily walk to the other. You will have a great time no matter where you stay.

Our 2013 Disney Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSzd7LSuFc
DisneyFansInNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #20
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

since I am lazy - pick this way - what park are you going to spend the most time at - Epcot then BCV
Hollywood Studios then BWV

know love BCV - the walk to Epcot is much easier (go under the bridge not over it) - but it is a very long walk to studios - and it does not have its own boat dock - so if you are planning on taking the boat to Studios - you would need to walk over to YC marina. that say walking to Epcot and taking that boat is probably a little closer.

BWV is great - stayed here alot - not because I love it - but with DVC points you can get a standard view and that makes it much cheaper than BCV. more visits win for me everything.

to me their themes are very similar they are both fashioned after Atlantic beach hotels.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #21
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

I agree with others that if your 12 year old is very active and social that he may prefer BC with the SAB pool.

BWI has an awesome pool, too. I swear the clown isn't as creepy in person. There is also a quiet pool there that is super nice.

My mom and I love the BWI because it seems to be much quieter than other resorts on the inside, but so much activity going on just outside.

ETA: I would base my decision on the pool, since both places are equally as nice and close to both Epcot and DHS. Go with BWI if you are not interested in the big pool at BC.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #22
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Beach Club has a nicer pool but it is usually very crowded when we've been. If your son loves to swim, I'd go with BC. That is the only reason I'd choose it over the BW.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #23
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

You can't go wrong with either, they are equally as nice IMHO and location-wise basically the same as well... BC has a better pool, so that would probably tip the scales toward it if I had a child with me. I don't find the BW clown pool "scary" per se, but it's basically a big pool with a rollercoaster themed slide. SAB is an event.

Plus DH & I stayed @ the BC on our honeymoon, so it has sentimental value to me.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #24
arjones31
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
We were toying with the same choices too but we decided on BC. The clown pool keeps freaking me out. I think a 12 yr old would like the slide at the BC better. And you could always walk over and spend time at BW
Agreed! SCARY pool - especially at night when it lights up...

DH (37); me (36); DS(7); DD (4)

June 2012 - ASMusic
May 2011 - CBR Pirate Water View
November 2010 for NCTE conference - Beach Club
June 2009 - ASMu Family Suite
July 2007 - ASSports
June 2005 - ASMusic
July 2004 - Off Site
June 2002 - Off Site
March 2001 - Disneymoon
June 1998 - Off Site
1979-1998 - too many to count!
arjones31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #25
nursie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
We were toying with the same choices too but we decided on BC. The clown pool keeps freaking me out. I think a 12 yr old would like the slide at the BC better. And you could always walk over and spend time at BW

Stephen King "It"......just sayin.........

We are booked there for June, Hope I can get over my fear of clowns after that novel from the '80s
nursie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #26
fisherjenn
Caught the running bug <3

I enjoyed the Boardwalk when I was younger; the atmosphere is fun!

Fox on the run
Turkey Trot 5 Miler November 2013
Cheddar Challenge 5k June 2014
runDisney Castaway Cay 5k July 2014
fisherjenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: