Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #16
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladypage View Post
Butterflies. Had a bad experience in a Six Flags butterfly exhibit and it's stuck with me ever since.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smkohn View Post
I also hate butterflies. For no good reason. Really I don't like any kind of bug. Flies, ladybugs, butterflies, caterpillars. Just gross me out.

A little girl at my work is TERRIFIED of identical twins. She had to switch out of one of our classes because these two little twin boys switched in. It was odd.
My dd has been afraid of butterflies her whole life. She's not overly fond of ladybugs, either. When we did the Behind the Seeds tour at Epcot, my family opted out of the ladybug release so she could enjoy the tour without doing the ladybug part. BTW, she LOVED the tour!

I'm afraid of rodents people commonly have as pets----hamsters, rats, gerbils.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #17
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Interesting to see all the people afraid of insects. Our 28 year old daughter is an Entomologist. She has had a love of insects since she was 3 years old when the 17-year cicadas were out. She would have them in her pockets and in every container she could find. Thankfully, I have no fear of insects or it would have been a real problem.

I am afraid of flying - really afraid. 60 years old and I have never, ever flown. People say to take drugs or to have a drink, but I still have to get on the airplane.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #18
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Dead things. I freak out at the sight of whole fish on a plate or a dead bird on a sidewalk.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #19
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimblebee View Post
Ladybugs freak me out! There could be one on you and you wouldn't even know it. Gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.
.....ohhhhh ....I LOVE ladybugs. In fact, they are the ONLY bug that I don't freak out over if one lands on me....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:49 AM   #20
DebD4T
I cannot sleep in an unmade bed. If for some reason my bed is not made, I have to make it before I get into it to go to sleep
My money must all face the same way in order of denomination
Lik

I have a phobia with regards to the games "musical chairs" and "hot potato".

In the past I would need to leave the room while those games were going on. Now I just have to turn my back.

Taking my 3 kids when they were small to birthday parties was torture!! LOL!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #21
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

I HATE bugs. All kinds. Even ants and lady bugs. And ESPECIALLY spiders. Oh my word, I scream bloody murder when I see one. Everyone in the office knows my screams by now. Lol.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #22
Poohbug
Sherlocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlRose330 View Post
Losing my teeth/teeth falling out. I don't know why. But it just weirds me all the way out. I have a pretty busted grill. But all the teeth are there lol.
This.

But I worry more about the kids losing a tooth/teeth than myself. I can handle bleeding, cuts, broken bones, concussion, anything else. The first thing I check when they get hurt is if they have all their teeth. Weird.

And I have already decided that I will NEVER have false teeth. If my teeth get that bad, I will get permanent replacements.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #23
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
I HATE bugs. All kinds. Even ants and lady bugs. And ESPECIALLY spiders. Oh my word, I scream bloody murder when I see one. Everyone in the office knows my screams by now. Lol.
....do you have different screams for different bugs?
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #24
ebtbmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebD4T View Post
I have a phobia with regards to the games "musical chairs" and "hot potato".

In the past I would need to leave the room while those games were going on. Now I just have to turn my back.

Taking my 3 kids when they were small to birthday parties was torture!! LOL!
That's an interesting one! Is it anxiety related to not knowing when the music will stop or something?

I have a phobia of animals that hang over your head at museums and aquariums, especially whales and sharks. Dinosaurs freak me out too if they are over my head, I don't mind them if they're floor level though.
11/2004 1st trip, ASM,11/2006 2nd trip, POP,6/2008 day trip DLR,11/2008 3rd trip, POP,1/2010 DLR at DLH!,1/2011 1st solo POFQ, 11/2011 POR, 3/2012 B-day trip! 10/2012 POP, 6/2013 day trip DLP 11/2013 POP 2/2014 CSR 2nd solo! 10/2014 CBR
ebtbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #25
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Birds, feathers and falling. Can't go up on the second story of a building if it has an open space down to the first floor. Chaperoned our fifth grade field trip to the capitol and had to be guided back down the stairs. It gives me vertigo.

Birds and feathers.....just YUCK!

tyniknate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #26
threecrazykids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepcot View Post
Snakes! I'd run screaming into heavy traffic to get away from one. Okay...I realize a terrible fear of snakes isn't "unusual" but my reaction to them has been (according to my family) in the past.
I'm with you on this one...I FREAK OUT when I see them. We go to a family cabin and I know they are around. One day my husband put me out on the end of the floating dock because they were less likely to be seen out there vs. next to shore.

I was fishing away and got a bite, stood up to reel it in and a snake came out from under the dock. I completely lost my mind. I was screaming and trying to run back towards the shore...knocked over all our drinks and damn near put my husband in the lake shoving him out of my way.

I am absolutely TERRIFIED of them and would probably plow down a small child in my attempt to get away from one.

Heebie jeebies is right...BLEH!
threecrazykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #27
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

I can't step on boxes to crush them -- I don't know why, because I've never had an injury or anything.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #28
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Lizards.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #29
*pixie*dust*
DIS Veteran

Clowns. Snakes. Tight Spaces.

Those are the top three that freak me out.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #30
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

China Dolls.

It's their faces! I could never go to sleep if there was a china doll in the room... just thinking about the doll staring at me as I slept!

Snakes & lizards, but I'm okay w/ them if they're outside & I see them first. I have a fear of suddenly coming up on one or stepping on one.

I'm especially scared to death of finding either one in our house. We've never had a snake in our house (thank the Lord!), but I can't go to the bathroom at night w/o turning on the light. I'm not scared of the dark - I'm afraid a snake will be curled up in the bottom of the toilet, so I have to check. When I'm getting in the shower, I also check along the top of the shower to make sure there's not a snake lying along the top - that would absolutely awful - having a snake fall on me while I'm naked! I also can't sleep w/ my arm or hand hanging off the bed - I'm afraid a snake will slither up on me from the floor. I'm also afraid to get into the corners of closets... if I were a snake, that's where I'd hide.

Once I had a pile of clean laundry in the floor of our bedroom. The kids & I were getting ready for school, & DH was already at work - an hour away. I picked up a shirt from the pile of laundry, & 1/2 of a dead lizard fell at my feet. I. FREAKED. OUT. I called DH - crying - & asked if he would come get it. Of course, he couldn't leave a work to come pick up a DEAD lizard; plus, he was an hour away. He laughed at me. So I got our older DS to get bunches of toilet paper (I couldn't let him touch it w/ his bare hands!) to pick it up & throw it away - outside, all the way at the back of our yard. Then, bless his heart, he looked through the rest of the laundry trying to find the rest of the lizard. We never found it. I worried about coming across the other 1/2 for many weeks.

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 5 years)
Wendy31 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: