Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #16
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Keep her schedule as close to normal as you can. In our case, we would be at rope drop and spend the morning, eat lunch around noon and try to be back at the hotel for a 1:30/2:00 to rest. Then, back out by 4:30/5:00 until about 8:00.

Don't spread her to thin and you guys will have a ball...sounds like you have some great help on this trip. Have fun!!!

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #17
dlove28
Missin' WDW

We took DD when she was 25 months 3yrs ago this January. Great advice so far - youtube for characters (don't forget rides), versatile stroller (food tray is good too, hard to find on an umbrella stroller), go at her pace and breaks if needed.

Our DD still napped at that age, until the trip that is. She napped only once the whole trip in her stroller and not much at home after that trip. She didn't want to miss a thing. Like you it was a January trip so if she wasn't napping and the pool was not an option, we found no need to go back to the hotel. So we stayed at the park until bedtime. In the hotel she was usually so pooped that we never worried about her waking up as DW and I spent time in the room prepping for the next day.

A couple of other items not mentioned -

- At that age they don't know what to say or do with characters other than hug. She had gotten little figurines for her BDay and Christmas before the trip of all the princesses and MM Clubhouse gang. When we went to a character meal or a park where I knew we would see them, we brought them. It was a nice ice breaker for her to show the character her toy (or book) of him/her and they made a big deal out of it (pluto balancing his toy on his snout, minnie *blushing*, chip n dale throwing a fit because they weren't represented on the table of toys, etc.)

- She loved to dress up. At that age she wore a princess or minnie mouse costume most days. She refused to take it off after character breakfasts so we let her wear them. Added to the fun and magic of it all.

- Used Disney's PnPlay - brough our own sheets and her little pillow for familiarity.

We are going again next September when she will be almost 6. But this time we are bringing her twin sisters who will almost be 2 at that time! Very excited, but scared of the twin factor!!! I was encouraged to hear twinboysmom's positive experiences!
dlove28 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #18
sparty7798
Mouseketeer

We also took our son when he just turned 2. He had a great time and we did as everyone suggested, to take it at his pace. It was so much fun, the excitement and wonder are very real for them.

I have been thinking about this and was just looking at pictures of this. Our son loved the characters and would almost run at them because he was so excited. We now have another 18 month old son and we are planning a trip for September when he will be around the same age.

Good Luck and have a great time!
Disney Dream Cruise-March 2012
Pop Century-September 2013
Disney Dream Cruise-March 2015
sparty7798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:11 AM   #19
mummabear
DIS Veteran

We took our 19 month old daughter and will be going back with her (now 3) and her little sister who will be 20 months when we go. It was great (and we flew a combined 21 hours to get there). We didnt do any dining that trip (thank god she didnt sit still for any of the quick meals we grabbed) but have 4 booked for this upcoming one.
She had a blast, just go with the flow sometimes she will be sleeping when you would want her to be awake for the parade or something but if you are relaxed you will be fine.
Actually 19 months was easier than when we took her to DL just before she turned 3, less scared of the rides etc....
mummabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:26 AM   #20
ML_LovesDisney
DIS Veteran

The first time we went our little one was 20 months, and the 2nd time she was 2. The only problem we had was that she did NOT like the characters or them coming near her. We took breaks, ate early, and she was very well-behaved. Now she's 4 and she loves all the characters, so it just depends on age/your kid's personality.

ML_LovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #21
tcufrog
Mouseketeer

We just got back from WDW with our 5 1/2 year old and 22 month old. As everyone else said if you're not bringing a good quality stroller from home rent one from an outside company. Your toddler's schedule may be different while at WDW especially if there is a time change. Don't make firm plans about when you will get to WDW each day. One of the days I planned to make rope drop at Epcot since our sons usually are early risers my toddler slept late which he never does. I ended up pushing back our dinner reservations and we were all able to watch Illuminations from the patio at Rose and Crown.

Bring lots of snacks and be prepared to tag team it during sit down meals. I spent half of my meal at Coral Reef chasing my suddenly wired toddler around the restaurant. My dh spent the other half doing it. At one point he tried to slide down the stairs on his belly. He quite often wanted to eat an hour later than we wanted to eat and didn't want a snack so I had to be willing to stop and get him a counter service kids meal (usually chicken nuggets) for him.

Another thing that really helped was for us to split up and have one of us ride the big rides with big brother while the other was taking our toddler on smaller rides.

My final piece of advice is to bring the stuff needed to recreate her bedtime and wake up routines as closely as possible. He likes some milk in a bottle while reading his bedtime books and before I brush his teeth. He only wants certain books at bedtime so I made sure to pack them and a bottle. I learned the hard way the first morning that he would melt down if I couldn't give him some milk when he woke up so I made sure to keep the room fridge stocked with it. Once he got that he was in a good mood for the rest of the morning.

Last edited by tcufrog; 12-09-2012 at 08:15 AM.
tcufrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: