Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

Chaos Cent Is Still Not Back

Chaos Cent/Penny Update – sorry I have been missing in action. Life has been very hectic. We bought a house and haven't sold the one we are had so we have been busy with two houses. The house we bought (in North Wales, PA) is 2,500 square feet and we have two acres of land. When you look off of the one deck, instead of people you see deer, squirrels and turkeys. Our dog, Kismet, absolutely loves it. It is certainly a far cry from our end of the row duplex in the city

We made the move quickly (before the house could get painted) as this was a short sale house and let me assure you, short sale doesn't mean short.  We pursued this house. We made settlement 10 days before the 1 year anniversary of our first offer. It was a very emotional, up and down trip, but worth it. However, we were originally supposed to be in the house in the middle of August which would have allowed us to get the house painted and stuff fixed up and then we would move in when we got home from Disney. It didn't work that way. We wanted to get in quickly as I had surgery on 9/25 and I wanted to recuperate in our new home. There were a few problems with the surgery so I was on bed rest. So I have been taking it easy and Jim (DH) has been doing most of the work. Luckily he just graduated from OTA school and he couldn't start work until his temporary license came through. His license came through last week and he started a new job today. I return to work on Thursday.

My brother in law sat up my computer in my new office last weekend, but I am surrounded by boxes so I will not be DISigning for a few more weeks. However, I see that I have PM's, so I will answer them tomorrow.

So all is well at the Evans-Kelly household. Penny
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.

Last edited by chaoscent; 12-02-2012 at 07:58 PM.
chaoscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Hi sweetie
Boy when life sends us on an adventure sometimes we get hit with a few curves in the road.
Hope your road to recovery becomes a bit smoother!
Please take time to properly heal!
Miss you
Big HUGS
Mel

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by bababear_50; 10-08-2012 at 05:27 PM.
bababear_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
laborrn2
Mouseketeer

welcome back (soon), Chaos Cent.... Hope life gives you a breather after your past year's journey. Whew!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #4
Cinderella909
Mouseketeer

Penny! Welcome back, congrats on the new home, and a speedy recovery from your recent surgery! It was exhausting just reading, and certainly I'm just sitting here reading! Sounds like you'll be busy for a while. Glad to hear you are doing well! Thanks for all you do!

Karen
Old 11-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #5
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Hi Penny! I'm stalking you from my usual outpost on the Beach Club/Yacht Club Board and trip report boards.

Life really has been keeping you busy! The new house sounds absolutely lovely!!! Hope the settling in is going ok.

Thought I would give you a quick update on your friend Flat Ben, until you have the chance to catch up with him yourself.

It appears that he is quite the popular fellow. After your trip, he has been on 4 other trips, has 3-4 more upcoming and will be going on a cruise with Teena and Bob and katesdad from the BC board in a couple of weeks!

Look what you started!

And not sure if you know, but the vest for one of Flat Ben's costumes for MNSSHP, Flat Flynn, came from one of your DISigns according to AnjieNet.

All the best to you and Jim!

Dee
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #6
bababear_50

Thinking of you Penny and wishing you well!
Hugs Mel

P.S Flat Ben is great!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #7
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

It has taken me a while to come here and do an update. As you know life was hectic in the fall with my September Disney trip, then the move, then the surgery, then a set back with the surgery and then back to work. October got away from me. They we got ready for Sandy which gave us some problems and then we got some bad news.. The Friday after Sandy my mom had a stroke. The good news is that she came out of it, albeit with a tube down her throat and all sorts of needles in her body. She didn't like the tube so she pulled it out. She didn't like the IV's in her body so she pulled them out also. The stroke did damage to her vocal chords and she wasn't able to swallow. One night when I was sitting with her she was begging me for soda. Since the doctors said no, I didn't give it to her. I think as I look back, that is my only regret. However the night after that, they put a lV in her neck and she was getting nourishment and medicine through that line. When we were younger Mommy would drive us to Jersey to visit relatives. Our car radio didn't work so we sang songs. This was in the 50's and rock n roll was just coming into vogue. So many of the songs we sang were Country Western, or Pat Boone, Frank Sinatra and a few others. Two songs were my favorite "Old Shep" by Elivis Presley and She Was Only Seven, When She Was Called To Heaven, That Little Kid Sister of Mine. Well we were talking about my name and she started singing Pennies from Heaven. Then we did a rendition of Shep and neither one of us could remember all the words. Then we did she was only 7 and both of us remembered all the words. Now I am at best a Shower singer and my Mom wasn't a whole lot better. But the two of us were singing our hearts out in the ICU. Apparently we were loud enough that when my Sister walked in she said she heard us down the hall. The two of us just laughed. The next day she went down for a PIK line and was pretty non-responsive when she came back to the room. The next day she smiled at us and mouthed she loved us, but didn't talk. The next day she looked worse and that night she died. The doctors said she had three heart attacks after the stroke. We buried her next to my Dad and her brothers and foster mother. Many people came to honor her and talked about her goodness. She was 85 years old. & while I know I am luckier than most to have had her in my life for so many years, I still miss her.
When we were looking for houses a deal breaker was having a room for my Mom. This house had a room for her. two weeks before her stroke my sister brought her to our house and she saw her room. We were in the process of painting it and buying her a bed so she could spend time with us at Christmas. We never got that chance. But she did get to see her room. I have no regrets. My Mom knew we loved her very much. We are the type of family who say that to each other every visit and every phone call. I am glad she didn't have to suffer a long drawn out illness, but selfishly wish she was still here. For those of you who have lost a loved one you know the void it leaves in your heart and in your life. I will come back to the boards, but I can't just yet. It took me a few weeks just to come back and post this news. I consider many people on this board my cyber friends. I miss you and will come back, I just need a little more time to heal. Thank all of you for your support and prayers, Penny
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
chaoscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #8
bababear_50

Dear Penny
I truly wish I was able to actually see you and give you a hug.
I am so very sorry for your loss hon. Moms are what keep us together and I still miss mine very much. I find each year around the holidays even more difficult. Christmas was a big celebration for my mom and Nana and now I guess it's up to me to continue those traditions with Hannah. Anyone reading this please make sure you give your mom an extra hug and tell her you love her. I am glad you got to spend some very last beautiful moments with your mom,treasure them and know her spirit is with you always.
Take all the time you need and we will be thinking of you and saying a prayer for you and your family.
Special hugs and thoughts being sent your way
HUGS Melanie:gr ouphug::gr ouphug:
Old 12-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #9
M_I_C_K_E_Y
It Was All Started by a Mouse

Penny,

I am so sorry for your loss. Take all the time you need away from the boards. "Real" life and family always have to come first. We will be here whenever the time is good for you to return. I will be sure to keep you and your family in my prayers.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #10
dlg210
Earning My Ears

I am so sorry for your loss!!! You are right It does leave a BIG void in your life. I lost my father almost 3 yrs ago and it still feels like yesterday.

Linette
dlg210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #11
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscent View Post
Chaos Cent/Penny Update  sorry I have been missing in action. Life has been very hectic. We bought a house and haven't sold the one we are had so we have been busy with two houses. The house we bought (in North Wales, PA) is 2,500 square feet and we have two acres of land. When you look off of the one deck, instead of people you see deer, squirrels and turkeys. Our dog, Kismet, absolutely loves it. It is certainly a far cry from our end of the row duplex in the city

We made the move quickly (before the house could get painted) as this was a short sale house and let me assure you, short sale doesn't mean short. J We pursued this house. We made settlement 10 days before the 1 year anniversary of our first offer. It was a very emotional, up and down trip, but worth it. However, we were originally supposed to be in the house in the middle of August which would have allowed us to get the house painted and stuff fixed up and then we would move in when we got home from Disney. It didn't work that way. We wanted to get in quickly as I had surgery on 9/25 and I wanted to recuperate in our new home. There were a few problems with the surgery so I was on bed rest. So I have been taking it easy and Jim (DH) has been doing most of the work. Luckily he just graduated from OTA school and he couldn't start work until his temporary license came through. His license came through last week and he started a new job today. I return to work on Thursday.

My brother in law sat up my computer in my new office last weekend, but I am surrounded by boxes so I will not be DISigning for a few more weeks. However, I see that I have PM's, so I will answer them tomorrow.

So all is well at the Evans-Kelly household. Penny

WOW Penny! What a drastic lifestyle change! I hope all is well now, and stays well!

ed to say: Oh my gosh! I guess I should have read the end before posting to the beginning! I am so sorry for your loss, dear. Hugs to you.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #12
twirler324
Mouseketeer

I am so truly sorry for your loss, and hope you take the time you need to heal your heart! I hope your memories of your mother get you through this difficult time. It sounds like she had a great family in you all and that you were with her until the end, which she also felt through your love and comfort during that time.
Hang in there, and just take one day at a time! Sending hugs your way!
twirler324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #13
dyak
Earning My Ears

So sorry for your loss.
dyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:17 AM   #14
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Penny-

I am so so sorry about the loss of your mom. It sounds like you are comforted by the wonderful memories you have and I'm glad the two of you were able to share some special moments together.

Hugs to you.

Dee
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #15
Dom13
Pin Pics Graphics Dept.

Penny, so sorry to hear about your loss. Take care of yourself and your family first. Missed you in Joisey! Hope to see you there in the spring.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: