Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
100%Disney
On the lookout for a good sushi etiquette book
I'M QUIRKY!!!!!
Where's the Tag Fairy's chocolate milk??

Free Dining Question

Do you guys think free dining will be offered for AoA next Christmas? I would love to stay there, in a Little Mermaid room, if they offer discounts.
100%Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
ghtx
DIS Veteran

I am guessing that there will never be free dining, or any discounts, during Xmas since it's the busiest time of the year.

Here's a list of dates of all discounts in the past: http://www.mousesavers.com/historica...ort-discounts/
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

As PP said, no discounts come out over Christmas/New Years.

I also do not think the LM rooms will see a discount during 2013. They are having no issues filling those rooms without a discount.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
100%Disney
I'M QUIRKY!!!!!

I'm sorry, I meant to say, discounts during December, not Christmas. I had free dining booked for 12/14-12/21 this year, but had to cancel. I was just asking if anyone thought those discounts may include AoA next year.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

I am honestly confused by these answers...

FD has been offered over Christmas for a few years now. This year FD was offered until December 13th and then extended to the 20th, so technically once you check in by the 20th you could have FD for up to 2 weeks from the 20th on, which would include Christmas and New Years, correct?

We also got a pin for FD at AoA LM section and we are arriving on the 13th, staying 2 weeks over Christmas. So yes, it is possible to get FD over Christmas as well as AoA (this year only with a pin though....)

Me(35) DH(35) DD(10) & DD(7)

discookiemonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #6
100%Disney
I'M QUIRKY!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by discookiemonsta View Post

FD has been offered over Christmas for a few years now. This year FD was offered until December 13th and then extended to the 20th, so technically once you check in by the 20th you could have FD for up to 2 weeks from the 20th on, which would include Christmas and New Years, correct?

We also got a pin for FD at AoA LM section and we are arriving on the 13th, staying 2 weeks over Christmas. So yes, it is possible to get FD over Christmas as well as AoA (this year only with a pin though....)
How do you get pins? Is there something you can do to make it more likely to get one? Thanks for your response.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #7
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Disney View Post
How do you get pins? Is there something you can do to make it more likely to get one? Thanks for your response.
I honestly don't think it's been proven to be anything you can do to make it more likely to get one...some people say if you go to the Disney site and save some package offers without booking them, that that may increase your chances...who knows? Some people get them by email and some get them by snail mail. From what I can tell from this year (can't speak 100% for other years) the dates that the pin was for, ended up also being the dates for the general public free dining, with one of the exceptions being that AoA was not included in the general public one.

I actually looked at the link posted above of the last few year's discounts and it looks like free dining was offered in December for the last few years and each year it could have potentially been booked for a stay over Christmas and sometimes also included New Years (depending on when the last date of free dining offered) if you checked in on the last day free dining was being offered and stayed for a longer period close to almost two weeks, if that makes any sense!

Hope that helps!!!

Old 12-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #8
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes, you could get it over Christmas if you checked in earlier - but it's not offered over the holiday, KWIM?

When did you receive the pin for AoA for December? I haven't seen any go past September or include AoA - or was it a bounceback?
Old 12-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #9
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Yes, you could get it over Christmas if you checked in earlier - but it's not offered over the holiday, KWIM?

When did you receive the pin for AoA for December? I haven't seen any go past September or include AoA - or was it a bounceback?
No, it was a pin...got it quite a few months ago...actually lots of people here on DIS boards were getting them...

Soon after I got mine, the general public free dining offer came out.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #10
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, it was a pin...got it quite a few months ago...actually lots of people here on DIS boards were getting them...

Soon after I got mine, the general public free dining offer came out.
... there isn't a general public fd offer...

The public Stay/Play/Dine discount has adults paying children's prices for dining - not free.

The only pins I've seen people post have discounts into September.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #11
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
... there isn't a general public fd offer...

The public Stay/Play/Dine discount has adults paying children's prices for dining - not free.

The only pins I've seen people post have discounts into September.

http://www.mousesavers.com/historica...ort-discounts/

you can look it up on this site, which was also posted above...

the free dining general public offer was offered from 9/30/12 - 12/13/12 and was available for booking from 7/12/12 exp 9/29/12

I know there were a lot of black out dates though...

Old 12-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #12
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
http://www.mousesavers.com/historica...ort-discounts/

you can look it up on this site, which was also posted above...

the free dining general public offer was offered from 9/30/12 - 12/13/12 and was available for booking from 7/12/12 exp 9/29/12

I know there were a lot of black out dates though...
Oh, we're talking about 2 different things then. I was referring to 2013 offerings/dates.

I guess we both get to be right lol!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #13
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh, we're talking about 2 different things then. I was referring to 2013 offerings/dates.

I guess we both get to be right lol!
I was starting to get a feeling that you were talking about 2013! Now that would be some pixie dust if I got to spend Christmas at Disney with free dining this year AND next year!!!

Old 12-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #14
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was starting to get a feeling that you were talking about 2013! Now that would be some pixie dust if I got to spend Christmas at Disney with free dining this year AND next year!!!
Right?! I want THAT pin!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: