Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

What time is reasonable to disembark and get to WDW?

I am thinking of going to Epcot for a half a day after we return back to Port Canaveral from the Fantasy.

How early could I reasonably expect to disembark, get through customs, pick up our rental car and drive to Epcot?

I'm trying to decide if it would be worth a trip to Epcot. I'd like to ride Test Track as it was closed when we were there over Thanksgiving. My oldest also really wanted to ride Soarin' again and it didn't work out for us timing wise to do it. She'd also love to do another Perry mission or 2. We have to be heading to the gates by 4pm to get to the airport and return our car for our 6:30pm flight.

Adding a day to the tickets is basically like buying a full day since we will be going from 1 day to 2 day tickets. I have one AP so that part is covered.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
mgroshans
DIS Veteran

Our cruise in October on the dream, we were first off the ship at 7:00- we took our luggage with us.
mgroshans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
SteelersLover
Mouseketeer

I've enjoyed a nice 2nd seating breakfast, gone through the luggage room, taken the shuttle back to park-n-cruise and driven to meet a friend at Epcot by 12N
SteelersLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
princesspiglet
DIS Veteran

We didn't have our luggage with us and we disembarked at our own pace around 8:00. By the time we went through customs and got our bags, it was about 8:30. We were at the rental car counter (Dollar) by 9:00am (had to wait awhile for the shuttle) and we were pulling in the MK parking lot at 10:15.
princesspiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
JacksGirlz
DIS Veteran

We have disembarked around 7:30 am, brought our luggage with us, picked up our car and been to the gates of MK by 9:30am.

May 2006- Wilderness Lodge-1st trip to WDW, December 2006- Pop Century, October 2007- SSR and MNSSHP, November 2007- 1st Disney Cruise , January 2008 - SSR, Boardwalk, October 2008 - Pop Century and MNSSHP, March 2009 - Pop Century, May 2009 - VWL, December 2010-Pop Century and 1st MVMCP, March 2011- Disney Dream and SSR, January 2012 - Disney Wonder, March 2012 - Disney Magic and POR Royal Guest Room, March 2013 - Disney Fantasy and AofA Resort Little Mermaid Room, June 2013 - ABD Germany, Once Upon a Fairytale, July 2013 - ABD - Ireland, the Emerald Isle, August 2013 - Disney Wonder, July 2014 - DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic ABD
JacksGirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The fastest way is to keep your luggage with you and get off as soon as they open the doors--typically 7 or 7:30. However, your car rental place may not be open that early (sorry)..so check in advance. It is about a 75 minute drive to WDW. You COULD take a taxi to the car rental place and be there the minute they open...or be out there for the first shuttle, and be at Epcot by 9:30 or 10.

Single day tickets are too pricey for my blood.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #7
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
The fastest way is to keep your luggage with you and get off as soon as they open the doors--typically 7 or 7:30. However, your car rental place may not be open that early (sorry)..so check in advance. It is about a 75 minute drive to WDW. You COULD take a taxi to the car rental place and be there the minute they open...or be out there for the first shuttle, and be at Epcot by 9:30 or 10.

Single day tickets are too pricey for my blood.
I agree - single day admission is crazy expensive...especially if you have to leave by 4:00. It's a good thing you have 1 AP. I would also check to see what time Epcot opens the day you're talking about going. I would think you could be there between 10 and 10:30 without rushing around too much. If you want to get there early you'll have to do as kcashner suggested and keep your luggage with you & disembark as soon as they start allowing people to get off.

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #8
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

If you park at the Port and disembark as soon as you can, you can practically open the park if you drive straight to Epcot. You should be able to have a full day instead of a half day.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: