DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
cubgirl78
Mouseketeer

At OKW now, first stay and loving it

We checked in yesterday 12-2 into a studio. We are in bldg 21, 2nd floor and are pleasantly surprised with the location. The view isn't awesome from the patio, but we won't be out there much! The resort is really pretty and the room is great. We have always stayed at BWV, so this is a change for us. Loving the parking in front of the room and bigger bathrooms!
Crowds were INSANE at DTD last night! Gorgeous weather though, and who can complain about that Today we woke up and did to EPCOT. Crowds were great, lines not long at all...longest wait at Test Track for 30 min with fast pass.
Tonight we are heading to Olivia's for dinner and drinks. Tomorrow night MVMCP. I'm sure it will be super crowded , but DH and I decided we'd try it.We love MK at night anyway. Have you all done it?? Any tips??
Anyway, OKW is great, and I'm sending you all Pixie dust from Disney!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
cubgirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Enjoy the party! We think they are fun and have gone every year for about 6 years now. I thought we could skip this year, last year it rained and not as much fun, but DH said no, we should go.

We're staying in an OKW 2 bedroom for the first time with family in two weeks. We've stayed in a studio and in a 1 bedroom, but it the first time we'll have our DGC with us. Looking forward to it.

Have a great stay!
Bobbi
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Enjoy. We are coming Wed. Have not stayed at OKW in a long time. It is one of my home resorts and can't wait to get there!! This will be our first time seeing the Christmas decorations. Happy to read the weather has been great!!!

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
joeyrose
Mouseketeer

just got back from a week at okw in a one bedroom - very nice, but location is important to avoid bus noise!
joeyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
cubgirl78
Mouseketeer

Yes, we have some bus noise, since we are in the bldg close to a turnaround, but we live close to the railroad tracks in IL, so we are used to noise. I can overlook that!

Old 12-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #6
cubgirl78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz
Enjoy the party! We think they are fun and have gone every year for about 6 years now. I thought we could skip this year, last year it rained and not as much fun, but DH said no, we should go.

We're staying in an OKW 2 bedroom for the first time with family in two weeks. We've stayed in a studio and in a 1 bedroom, but it the first time we'll have our DGC with us. Looking forward to it.

Have a great stay!

Bobbi
Thanks! Glad to hear about Christmas party...I'm sure this won't be our only one...my husband is a Disney junkie Enjoy your trip!

Old 12-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #7
cubgirl78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS
Enjoy. We are coming Wed. Have not stayed at OKW in a long time. It is one of my home resorts and can't wait to get there!! This will be our first time seeing the Christmas decorations. Happy to read the weather has been great!!!
The weather is awesome. We just got back to the room and it's cool and a gorgeous 65. The decorations are top notch too.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #8
mlittig
DIS Veteran

Glad you are enjoying your Christmas trip to Ole Key West

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop 9/11 Pop 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/6/14 Old Key West
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #9
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

OKW is my favorite resort! We stay there three times a year for a week. Enjoy the Christmas decorations. It is an enchanting time of year to be at Disney.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:54 AM   #10
rmcildw2m
Mouseketeer

OKW was our first DVC stay as well and you are correct it is an awesome resort , enjoy .
Old 12-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #11
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubgirl78 View Post
The view isn't awesome from the patio, but we won't be out there much!
Unfortunately the studios are at the ends of the building so the view is always iffy!

Tonight we are heading to Olivia's for dinner and drinks. I recommend the Turtle Krawl and the Conch Fritters!

but DH and I decided we'd try it.We love MK at night anyway. Have you all done it?? Any tips?? There's nothing like doing MK at 1 am, low, to no crowds, you can ride Buzz and Space Mountain as much as you like! The Jungle Cruise in the dark is kind freaky in a good way! Don't miss the Electric Light (?) parade at 11 pm I think, pretty cool!

And if the parks are super busy, come back to the marina and rent a paddle boat or 2 person cruiser and go up and down the waterway!

We were there at Thanksgiving and I miss it already! Enjoy the rest of your stay at OKW!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:38 PM   #12
cubgirl78
Mouseketeer

We just got back from Mickeys very merry Christmas Party! Loved it!! Crowds weren't as bad as I thought, and we walked on Splash, Big Thunder, Under sea with Ariel, peter pan and Pooh! We got all that done in time for gorgeous fireworks. Wow. It was just fabulous. I love regular wishes fireworks, but the Christmas party ones are special!! Only crowded place was in front of castle because of people waiting for the parade. We are glad we did it. Sooooo much better than extra magic hours, (less people) worth our money, and they checked the wrist bands. My dad got sick and stayed at OKW, so DH & my mom and I went, and Disney refunded my dads ticket, so that was a nice surprise.

Next stop Animal Kingdom. My parents have never been, so looking forward to the safari Goodnight from OKW!

Old 12-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #13
cubgirl78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO
Quote:

Originally Posted by cubgirl78

The view isn't awesome from the patio, but we won't be out there much!
Unfortunately the studios are at the ends of the building so the view is always iffy!

Tonight we are heading to Olivia's for dinner and drinks. I recommend the Turtle Krawl and the Conch Fritters!

but DH and I decided we'd try it.We love MK at night anyway. Have you all done it?? Any tips?? There's nothing like doing MK at 1 am, low, to no crowds, you can ride Buzz and Space Mountain as much as you like! The Jungle Cruise in the dark is kind freaky in a good way! Don't miss the Electric Light (?) parade at 11 pm I think, pretty cool!

And if the parks are super busy, come back to the marina and rent a paddle boat or 2 person cruiser and go up and down the waterway!

We were there at Thanksgiving and I miss it already! Enjoy the rest of your stay at OKW!
So going to try the Turtle Krawl!! Thanks for the yummy tip

Old 12-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #14
rwcmath
DIS Veteran

Have there been otter sightings along the river banks recently. I've yet to see an otter in the wild and I would love to.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #15
nursie
Earning My Ears

Stayed at OKW 3 weeks in Sept., loved it. We had never stayed onsite at Disney so that was our first experience. Going back in June for 2 more weeks. Family of 8 with 6 children in a 2 BR villa was great since they are so spacious. Washer/dryer in our unit was terrific. Huge balcony was great overlooking fountain/pond/golfcourse. Really enjoyed the pool area, staff, food, everything.
Kids requested staying there again so lucky enough to grab 2 RCI exchanges there and 1 at BWV for this summer.
Enjoy!
nursie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: