Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

Contemporary with TPV or Beach Club??? Help me choose!

Hello. We currently have the CR booked for 4/12-4/20. It is me, my mom, DS11, and DD9. We stayed here in 2010 and absolutely LOVED it! It was so amazing being able to walk to and from the MK, where we spend most of our time! We also have the DDP and all of our ADRs booked, many of them at the CR or MK.

I called yesterday and got the Disney Visa discount applied to our current reservation and essentially, we are getting the DDP almost free...but the whole package is still VERY expensive. In fact, it is about $2200 more than we paid for the exact same package in 2010. Sooo...now we are considering switching to the Beach Club, garden view and the package is about $1600 cheaper. That's a LOT of money! But the problem is I can't get excited about staying there. I feel like if we don't stay at the CR with the TPV, our trip won't be as magical. I know...I probable spoiled it by staying there last time! Convince me that we will love the Beach Club just as much, if not more than CR!

buzzrelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

if you stayed in the Garden Wing, the price would probably drop a heck of a lot more -- then the difference between the BC and CR may not be as great.
ErinsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

I have done both (in the same trip actually) so I can say that BC is amazing. Your kids are a great age for SAB which is amazing!!! The CR pool is nothing compared to SAB. My kids loved it. We also loved being able to walk from BC to both EP and DHS!

Now I will say, my kids are really young so CR is actually better for us because we like to walk to MK which is where we spend the most time.

BC is relaxing and calming. We loved it. The room is not as big and your are not guaranteed a daybed there but it was so nice. I don't think I have been a lot of help. For us the perfect trip was a split stay between the two resorts!
WsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #4
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinsMommy View Post
if you stayed in the Garden Wing, the price would probably drop a heck of a lot more -- then the difference between the BC and CR may not be as great.
We have also stayed in CR garden Wing and actually liked it more than the Tower with TPV! Closer to the pool and not waiting for elevators.
WsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #5
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

We just did a BC/CR split stay in October. We're BC vets and it's my favorite resort, so I'm entirely biased. The ability to walk to TWO parks from BC is incredible and the entire Epcot resort area is both relaxing an lively at the same time. I also prefer the decor at BC and the overall atmosphere. The main reason we loved CR was the club lounge on the 14th floor - that was entirely amazing and we'd return for a short stay. But overall, when staying non-CL, BC would be a great choice.
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon (GF/BWI!)
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:47 AM   #6
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE BC for all of the PP's reasons. However, since you have all of your ADR's booked and they are in CR or MK, I think I would consider a different room category at CR to cut your costs. That way you are only making one change and you can leave your ADR's alone. Try BC another time - it's great!
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #7
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

The BC is a beautiful resort and it's great being within walking distance to both Epcot and DHS, but with that said, I would stick with the CR TPV. We've never stayed at the CR, but since you spend most of your time at MK and have all of your ADRs planned in that area, I would keep what you have. The Epcot area is a great place to stay, but the bus transportation isn't the most efficient for getting back and forth to MK (at least it wasn't in our experience). Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:15 AM   #8
Carrie in AZ
DIS Veteran

Well, here is my rambling answer LOL! CR is our favorite resort, have stayed twice, both times on TPV. We love it! Love the theme, location and transportation. But! The best trip was when we did a split stay between CR and BC which is the very best of both worlds.

I will say that your kids would prob like BC more, mostly for SAB. Kids like to "do" more than they like to "see". April is great swimming weather, they will LOVE spending time at SAB. Popping into Beaches & Cream while at SAB is a blast. There is so much to do around the BC/YC and BW area. I think you would all like it and have a magical trip.

My vote would be for a split stay or least try BC on this trip to see how you all like it, that way you will know. If this will be your last trip for a very long time then you may want to stick with CR TPV. It is pure magic for sure but there is other magic to capture as well. $1,600 is a lot of money. We may stay Bay Lake View next time to reduce the cost....the pics look gorgeous over on that side of the tower.
June 2011 - CR/BCV
Thanksgiving 2010 - Disneyland
Nov 2009 - CR/Poly Oct 2009 - GCH Nov 2008 - BC
June 2008 - GCH Oct 2007 - DLH
Nov 2006 - POR June 2004 - DLH
Apr 2002 - POR Nov 1999 - Dixie Landings
Carrie in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: