Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
hhhisthegame
Earning My Ears

Do the Disney Characters hate teens/adults that try and interact with them?

I don't mean just for no reason I just mean annoying teens/adults that mess with them...lol. Me and my best friend love Disney World. We're 20 now but last time we went with my family we were 18 (Going back in two weeks though!)

We loved getting autograph books and having fun with the characters, goofing off and talking to them, getting them to fist bump us and take funny pictures with us (mostly based on us trying to get comedy out of trying to get cool/"badass" poses out of us and Winnie the Pooh and Tigger and stuff lmao.) There's just something hilarious about seeing the Disney characters in these "badass" poses and stuff - arms crossed, holding arm out rapper style or something lol....then we'd just talk to them and have them sign it.

But do they kind of hate us because we're not little kids and so do they just find us obnoxious? I remember in Disney World the people who played Chip and Dale were HILARIOUS. We were with them for like five minutes. They were messing around like taking the autograph book and pretending to lick it and rub it under their armpits and stuff - we were dying. We eventually were like "Cmon we have to take a cool picture...think of a cool pose" and one of them like did the arms crossed thing and we had just done that earlier with Pooh so we were like "Cmon, EVERYBODY does that...we gotta be original think of something cooler." Eventually one of them does the over-exaggerated thinking thing and then went behind us and started picking up acorns that he gave to all of us. Then he tried to motion to us and wanted all four of us to all throw the acorns up in the air at the same time and to have the picture taken of us with all the acorns in the air. lmao. It didnt really work out that way but that was one of the coolest picture ideas I ever heard of and those two guys made my trip.

I hope they don't hate teens/adults that mess with them because it was the highlight of Disney was joking around with them. Funny how funny cast members can give the best memory of a trip.
hhhisthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
ckay87
demented and sad...but social
This morning I had "you can't overlook your underwear" stuck in my head
Scared by a clapper in her teens

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhhisthegame View Post
I don't mean just for no reason I just mean annoying teens/adults that mess with them...lol. Me and my best friend love Disney World. We're 20 now but last time we went with my family we were 18 (Going back in two weeks though!)

We loved getting autograph books and having fun with the characters, goofing off and talking to them, getting them to fist bump us and take funny pictures with us (mostly based on us trying to get comedy out of trying to get cool/"badass" poses out of us and Winnie the Pooh and Tigger and stuff lmao.) There's just something hilarious about seeing the Disney characters in these "badass" poses and stuff - arms crossed, holding arm out rapper style or something lol....then we'd just talk to them and have them sign it.

But do they kind of hate us because we're not little kids and so do they just find us obnoxious? I remember in Disney World the people who played Chip and Dale were HILARIOUS. We were with them for like five minutes. They were messing around like taking the autograph book and pretending to lick it and rub it under their armpits and stuff - we were dying. We eventually were like "Cmon we have to take a cool picture...think of a cool pose" and one of them like did the arms crossed thing and we had just done that earlier with Pooh so we were like "Cmon, EVERYBODY does that...we gotta be original think of something cooler." Eventually one of them does the over-exaggerated thinking thing and then went behind us and started picking up acorns that he gave to all of us. Then he tried to motion to us and wanted all four of us to all throw the acorns up in the air at the same time and to have the picture taken of us with all the acorns in the air. lmao. It didnt really work out that way but that was one of the coolest picture ideas I ever heard of and those two guys made my trip.

I hope they don't hate teens/adults that mess with them because it was the highlight of Disney was joking around with them. Funny how funny cast members can give the best memory of a trip.
Oh I'm sure you'll get different responses here, but if I had that godawful job, I would be SO happy to have people like you in my line now and then.
ckay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

To me, Disney is for all ages so I think the characters are just as happy interacting with teens/adults as they are with little kids. Sounds like you and your friends were having a good time with them and the characters seemed to like it as well.

What I think they would have a problem with and would be inappropriate would be if teens/adults or even little kids would push, poke or tease them or try to push them over...I have seen that before.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
disney junky
BWV

DD was a CM. She wasn't a character but her roommate was. I do believe they enjoy it more than they hate it. Sure, there were really hot days, there were really obnoxious guests, but remember, they are also characters in parades. I know her roommate was Belle on one of the boats at Disney Studios during Fantasmic. I never heard complaints. I think if you didn't see things in a positive light, you probably wouldn't last long.
disney junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

...I agree that Chip and Dale are definitely fun characters. When my DS was about 11 [they are his faves, BTW] we had just left CoP and they were standing there. Well, they made such a fuss with him because he has only Chip'n'Dale pins on his lanyard and one of them noticed! They were hugging him and mussing up his hair. It was hilarious! Chip even posed for a pic pointing at my DS's lanyard! I think, in general, the characters like interacting with the guests,, but it also kinda depends upon the character too. If their face is covered, I think they are more likely to 'play along' rather than not....it probably also depends upon the gathering crowd. If there is a time limit and quite a number of folks waiting to have their chance with a certain character, it'll probably seem like you are 'hogging' that character....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #6
npmommie
Channels George Michael in her car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
...I agree that Chip and Dale are definitely fun characters. When my DS was about 11 [they are his faves, BTW] we had just left CoP and they were standing there. Well, they made such a fuss with him because he has only Chip'n'Dale pins on his lanyard and one of them noticed! They were hugging him and mussing up his hair. It was hilarious! Chip even posed for a pic pointing at my DS's lanyard! I think, in general, the characters like interacting with the guests,, but it also kinda depends upon the character too. If their face is covered, I think they are more likely to 'play along' rather than not....it probably also depends upon the gathering crowd. If there is a time limit and quite a number of folks waiting to have their chance with a certain character, it'll probably seem like you are 'hogging' that character....
thats cute!
you made me remember our last trip and how Marie ( she was in France ) did a bunch of cute stuff with my DD because my dd's pen was a marie pen. it was really cute when the character noticed the pen!
npmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #7
roliepolieoliefan
DIS Veteran

DS is 14 and a big 14, 5 foot 10 already and the characters mess big time with him.
Chip and Dale always give him a hard time. Marie in Epcot wouldn't leave him alone. She was hugging him and smoothing his hair out. He tried to walk away and she grabbed his arm.

On our recent DCL, Daisy spent more time with DS than some of the "little" kids. She had the line laughing out loud. Poor DS, his face was so red. But it was a hoot.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #8
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

TBH, we've had way better interactions with characters once dd got older (late teens). The characters -- especiallly the face characters -- seem a little "more free" to improvise and play around.

I will also add that my dd was in the CP earlier this year and she and her CP friends have tons of pictures of themselves with the characters having great times.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #9
hhhisthegame
Earning My Ears

yeah I suppose it does let them do more without worrying about offending a little kid or something
hhhisthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #10
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

My girls still wait in lines for photos sometimes, and they always try to get DBF and I in there too. They always interact with us, face and fully covered characters, and we have a great time. I think it just depends on the character and how obnoxious people are being, I mean what you described OP is fun, but some people are mean and not silly and I'm sure they don't like that at all.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: