Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 07:49 AM   #61
dominiondad
Mouseketeer

I'm law enforcement, DW is Army, so no bonus.
dominiondad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #62
indimom
Are We There Yet?

I work in a group home for disabled adults. No bonuses, but the holiday pay is pretty nice. Prior to that, I worked in child care for 16 years. I got some very nice gifts from parents at Christmas: $25-50 gift cards, hats and scarves, Bath and Body Works, Candles, etc.

DH works in manufacturing. Prior to 2009, they had holiday dinner parties every year, complete with nice giveaways. Everyone got some small gift (a jacket with the company name, a rolling cooler, that sort of thing.) Then they gave away the big prizes by drawing names (only those who attended could enter). We came home with a very large air compressor one year and a $250 gift card another year. The big prize was always the company car which was sold for $1 annually. So bummed we never got that one...

They still give a Turkey at Thanksgiving and Ham at Christmas. And DH does get gain sharing checks quarterly (They vary and are not huge, but still nice).
indimom is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #63
McKelly
DIS Veteran

I work in education - no bonus. My husband works for a private company - they have a holiday party and used to give a $10.00 gift card to a grocery store to everybody, but that stopped two years ago.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #64
marcyinPA
I'll never forget the strong, pungent smell of Noxema!
I was such a fashion disaster!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapquitler View Post
I work in a group home for developmentally disabled adults. We do not get a Christmas bonus, nor do we get a gift from our employer. If we happen to be working Christmas Day or Thanksgiving Day at dinner time, we are invited to eat dinner with the residents (of course we have COOKED that dinner for the residents if we are working ) but that's it.
My mom is the office manager for a company that does this- and I used to work for them in the group homes when I was in college. It is a very tough, but rewarding job, and I think it's sad that the staff are under-appreciated. (same goes for my mom's company, unfortunately). Social services is a tough business to be in- low pay and high turnover.
6/08- We're Cruisin' (NCL
Spirit) for my BIG 4-0!,
6/09- WL (celebrating my birthday with Mickey!)
,2/11- POP
marcyinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #65
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyjane
Not only do I not get a Christmas bonus, but I have to work on Christmas as well, and we don't get holiday pay!
I'm the same, we don't get any extra for working any public holiday

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #66
avgeek81
DIS Veteran

I work in retail so no bonus. Last year we did get a bag with candy. They used to have a Holiday party for the department managers but they stopped that.

My brother works for a large cell phone service provider. He gets a bonus in Febuary. Everyone in the company gets one. He used to work at the store level(not sales) and now he works at the corprate offices. I know his bonus was about $2,000,when I used to do his taxes for him, don't know if it has changed
avgeek81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #67
fae
Mouseketeer

My boyfriend works in engineering and he will be getting a bonus and a weekend-long holiday party extravaganza.

I work in academia and I will be having two holiday parties - both during the normal work day.

EDIT: When I worked in retail, we received "double bonus" if our store made certain quotas. It was about $100 per month for November and December.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #68
bettymae1121
sure. fine. whatever.

I work for a very large non-profit. Pre-tax my bonus will be about $3000. We'll get it this Friday (already announced).

DH doesn't get a holiday bonus as such, they get quarterly bonuses. If he gets one for the 4th quarter it won't be paid until January, and likely will be $400 or less. He works for a major newspaper.

bettymae1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #69
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

I have to say that I'm surprised that so many people get holiday bonuses and such large bonuses as well! I had no idea...
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #70
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

I don't and I work in education.

DFi gets bonus' here and there depending on performance. He also gets a Christmas gift every year ($50 to Outback last year).
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #71
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

My dad does. He works for a diabetes company selling insulin pumps. If he reaches his target he will get a bonus.

My mum works for the national health service so doesn't get a bonus sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #72
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

I work for a consumer electronics company and we usually get a bonus at the end of our fiscal year (not the same as the calendar year). The highest we have ever received was 8% though (nothing like others have posted here). But lately it has been more like 3% or 4%. During the recession, our company really struggled so no bonuses during that time. But towards the end of it, they did give us a $500 Holiday Bonus as a thank you for sticking it out with them. We are finally starting to see all our old perks again (401K matching, profit sharing, etc). Now to keep my fingers crossed that we don't fall off this fiscal cliff and end up back in a recession again

Oh, forgot to add...DH works for a local city so no bonus for him.
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #73
chicagodisneyfan
Peace
He looked ridiculous - but it gave me the giggles for a month

Mine is a large bonus - about 30%. Plus a large holiday party with alcohol and fun.
DH gets profit-sharing that is a percentage 2%-10%.
chicagodisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #74
I loveStitchnippyjon
DIS Veteran

I'm retired now, but worked in the medical field. Many years ago, the Practice gave each of us %100 at Christmas. Then for a couple of years they scaled it down to a box of candy.The last 10 years I worked....nada.
DH is in private industry and has never received a bonus.
I loveStitchnippyjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #75
Golf4food
Mouseketeer
Male pirate last time I checked... yep, still male
Tazicket will always be my sexy penguin

We work for a very large insurance company. No bonuses ever.
Mar '14 - Offsite; Nov '13 - Offiste; Sept '13-Offsite; Apr '13-POFQ; Jan '13-POR; Dec '12-POFQ:Baby's First WDW Trip; March '11-Offiste; Nov/Dec '10-AKL/CSR; May '10-POR Pre-Dining Review-Dining Report; September '09-ASMu & DxDP Dining Report; December '08-POR; September '08-ASM; June '07-One day surprise park hopping extravaganza for DW; December '06-CBR; March '05-CBR; Many visits as a child

Golf4food is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: