Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
MichyDLP
Earning My Ears

Our highs & lows

We got back on Monday evening from our 2nd trip to DLP. It was our 1st time there at Christmas and we thoroughly enjoyed it - we're already talking about when we can get back!!!

Highs:
We had so many I'm not really sure where to begin!
The main 1 was on Friday it was David's (DH) birthday so we went into city hall for his special phone call from Mickey & while we were listening to the message, the lovely CM Christopher made a phone call to arrange VIP viewing for us for the parade!!! We had a big area all to ourselves with 2 lovely CM looking after us - major highlight! During the parade we got hugs from eeyore & Peter Pan pulled faces at DD1 & DD2!

Dreams was truly amazing. As my DH said "now that's how you do a show!"

We went on sat to thank Christopher at city hall. He wasn't there but another lovely cast member served us and while David was filling out a comments form she gave me a voucher so we could all get a free hot drink!

The CMs were all really lovely, very friendly & helpful. DD1 & DD2 tried pin trading for the 1st time & 1 CM in particular saw the girls lanyards, realised she didn't have hers on & went & got it so the girls could trade with her

Character interaction - we had great interaction with all the characters we met but special mention must go to jack skellington (my fav), chip in the studios & Duffy bear. Gepetto in DLH was also good fun doing a little dance with DD1. DD1 even managed to make eeyore clap & do a happy dance when he saw her pin badge of him on her lanyard when we were at the steakhouse brunch.

BBWWS was really good fun & we had a great time at cafe mickey where we got DH a birthday cake

I could go on more because this doesn't even cover the half of it but suffice to say we loved all the Christmas theming & the Christmas cavalcade

Lows: having to come home!
We didn't have any real lows to speak of. Just a couple of minor things really:
DD2 is lion king obsessed & we couldn't find any pins with any lion king characters on them.
Breakfast at Cheyenne is crazy if you arrive any time after about 7.20. I dread to think what it must be like in the height of summer.
On our last day we bit the bullet & queued 45 mins for princess pavilion. We met tiana & while she was really lovely & the girls enjoyed meeting her, DD1 was really hoping to meet rapunzel. When we came out & looked at the photos we could see that the other princess was indeed rapunzel. DD1 said "oh we went the wrong way" she cheered up when we went outside & got to see Belle straight after

Sorry I've rambled on a bit
MichyDLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
IsobelJackmummy
Mouseketeer

Sounds like a fab trip!

1999 -WDW off site, 2003 - WDW off site, Feb 2010 - DLRP SL, Oct 2010 -DLRP SL, Feb 2012 - DLRP SL, Feb 2013 - DLRP HNY
IsobelJackmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
MichyDLP
Earning My Ears

It was great. So not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow tho
Old 12-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Fab news that you had such a good trip. I could have written most of your highs!

We loved it too - first time for us at Christmas as well. The place just had a lovely atmosphere about it didn't it .

I found the CMs fab on this trip - all very polite, friendly and really couldn't do enough for us .

We also found Cafe Mickey really good this trip (it has been going downhill a bit!). Although they did burn (and I mean all black underneath) my Mum's pizza but were apologetic and did bring another out (very nice and fresh) very quickly which was good.

I agree that the character interaction was great this trip too. In June we were left a bit disheartened by this but this trip more than made up for it. Isn't Jack just amazing, even DH was singing his praises. I could have stayed and spoken to him all day - our girls were in awe! I hope he becomes a regular at both Halloween & Christmas - imo, he is the best 'in character' in the park.

So, are you going to go same time next year? I'd love to go back at Christmas, but DH isn't keen to go back next year as we've been twice this year and we are off to Egypt at Easter! I can't see him budging on it but we'll see.... We are planning Florida in 2015 so he wants to save for that - we'll need to at those prices .
Old 12-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #5
MichyDLP
Earning My Ears

I think if we can get a good price for the same time next year we would probably go then again. Although DH thinks might need longer to save & he's talking about Easter 2014 but that's a bit far off for my liking
Last time we went was Halloween half term & we loved the Halloween theming but it's a v expensive time to go. We met jack skellington then & thought he was amazing so I was really excited when we found out he would be there for Xmas too this year. I too hope that he will remain at DLP for future Xmas seasons. We actually met him twice this time *** he's such fun - once with Sally & once on his own. Poor Sally looked as though she was freezing
Old 12-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #6
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichyDLP View Post
I think if we can get a good price for the same time next year we would probably go then again. Although DH thinks might need longer to save & he's talking about Easter 2014 but that's a bit far off for my liking
Last time we went was Halloween half term & we loved the Halloween theming but it's a v expensive time to go. We met jack skellington then & thought he was amazing so I was really excited when we found out he would be there for Xmas too this year. I too hope that he will remain at DLP for future Xmas seasons. We actually met him twice this time *** he's such fun - once with Sally & once on his own. Poor Sally looked as though she was freezing
I priced up for Halloween this year and it wasn't that much different to what we paid for Christmas but it does depend on arrival date etc (Saturdays etc). I did think I would like to go for Halloween but think I'd prefer Christmas again - but never say never .

DD1 and I were keen to meet Sally but we went past a few times when she was there and tbh she didn't seem that great (!). I have read elsewhere too that she is a bit lacklustre but I wonder if that is because she is next to Jack . So, in the end, we decided to queue when it was convenient eventhough we knew it was just Jack. We were all happy .
Old 12-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
A dream is a wish
Mouseketeer

Hello!

It’s good to see so many highs! It’s good to many people seem to really like this Christmas season! Christmas seems to make it even more magical there

VIP viewing for the parade – wow!

Glad you’ve had a lovely holiday
A dream is a wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #8
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Welcome back, sounds like you had an amazing trip

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: