Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
PrincessKel
Mouseketeer

Few planning questions please...

So far the planning for our christmas trip is looking great! Just have a few last minute questions if anyone can answer for us please?

1. How much are the tolls there and back? Need to make sure we have the cash with us.

2. Could someone please explain what happens on crushs coaster? Not sure if the younger 2 kids should go on it as heard it is a scarier than it looks! They younger two are nearly 5 and 8 years and I hate roller coaster if they go upside down or similar! I will only do BTM for example out of all the coasters.

3. Has anyone got a photo of one of the strollers you can hire? Not sure if we should take one our youngest as we get free hire with our APs. Depends what they are like.

4. I have read about a free aperitif with our APs, can anyone explain how we go about getting these and what we would get?

5. Weare all kitted out for the weather with thermals, ski jackets and bottoms, snow boots and hats,gloves etc. but bit worried what happens when we go inside especially for meals. Anyone have any advice as I know there's not a lot of space around tables to pile up the clothes!

Thank you so much!
October 29th-1st Nov Disneyland Halloween Trip- Explorers
PrincessKel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

1 - Around 22€ each way

2 - It spins round in the dark and you go up and down very fast but never upside down.

3 - Rather nasty heavy things * will find photo

4 - With a Dream AP you get a fruit drink sans alchool now. I'd show your AP when you are seated and they bring the menus as it's an apéritif

5 - No idea as I've never worn thermals, snow boots etc anywhere except in the mountains Hat, gloves and scarf always just goes into coat pockets or my bag

Eta - Looks like a modified shopping trolley

Vive la différence

Last edited by Carrie_Cat; 12-03-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
threegoodfairies
Earning My Ears

Hi. The toll road costs €21 each way. You can pay with a card or cash. Some booths are maned so you don't have to have correct change.
Sorry cant help with crush, I've only done it once and I came off green lol. My family love it though and will go on as many times as time allows. It doesn't go upside down though just spins about a bit
The pushchair is quite high of the floor. Sorry not got any pics. We got one this trip as we had little ones with us. They only have a small hood though so when it rained we propped the umbrella over it or put poncho over it. It doesn't lay back or anything but my grandson still slept in it a lot. If your not taking your own I would recommend getting one as they ate free with AP. saved us a small fortune this time
As for taking your layers off. We managed ok I'm sure you will too
Have a great time and enjoy the Christmas season the park looks beautiful although are trip us like a distant memory now
threegoodfairies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
PrincessKel
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the very helpful replies!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #5
Hannikins
Mouseketeer

Cc is like sonics pinball spin at Alton towers but in the dark, try finding that on YouTube to give you an idea

Previous Trips: DLP 2006 (off site) WDW 2009 (POR & enclave suites) DLP 2010 (HNY) California 2011(off site) DLP 2012 (SL)
Hannikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #6
PrincessKel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
Cc is like sonics pinball spin at Alton towers but in the dark, try finding that on YouTube to give you an idea

Thank you that's really helpful. I hate rollercoasters so might give it a miss! Not sure if the other half would go on it either, he hates spinning rides, won't even do teacups. Does it spin around very fast? Does not look too bad from the video in terms of spinning
Old 12-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
Hannikins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKel View Post
Thank you that's really helpful. I hate rollercoasters so might give it a miss! Not sure if the other half would go on it either, he hates spinning rides, won't even do teacups. Does it spin around very fast? Does not look too bad from the video in terms of spinning
Spinning isn't like Tge teacups, it's slower and different every time depending on the weight distribution on both sides

Previous Trips: DLP 2006 (off site) WDW 2009 (POR & enclave suites) DLP 2010 (HNY) California 2011(off site) DLP 2012 (SL)
Hannikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #8
PrincessKel
Mouseketeer

Thank you
Old 12-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #9
HFJohnson
Mouseketeer

I used the free pushchair each day during our trip last weekend and they're a bit heavier that your average pushchair but they did the job. However, on the down side I was told that I couldn't take it out of the parks, even if I paid a deposit (which I believe you can do if you pay for them). They said this was because I only got one free pushchair per day which I didn't get at all They were quite adamant though!

if you can I'd take your own pushchair (and a padlock!). Then you'll have it all the time and you won't have to visit the stroller rental place each morning to get a new one.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: