Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
Googilycub
Mouseketeer

Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique?

I made an early morning ressie for my daughter in January. It is for 8am in the castle, and the Magic Kingdom dosen't open until 9 that day. We did the boutique in June, and had the larger package ( I think it was $189), and it came with the dress, crown, wand, and photo shoot. My daughter didnt want the crown, because she just wanted to have her hair done one of the standard ways. She also hated the photo shoot. We waited for a long time for our turn, and she just wasn't feeling it. She was excited about her makeover, and wanted to go on some rides (hey, who could blame her for that!). I didnt like having to carry her crown and photos around with me all day either (especially on splash mountain). With that being said, I don't know which package to do. I want to get the dress, shoes, wand, and possibly another accessory or two, and of course the hair, makeup, and nails. When I asked the cast member on the phone, they told me I cannot purchase those items at the boutique, unless I did the big package. They told me that I would have to buy them at the shop accross the way (Tinkerbells nook or something like that), and bring them there with me. Does anybody know if this is true or not? I really don't want the big package, but I can't buy the stuff at the other gift shop, because it will not open until 9, and our appointment is at 8. My hubby suggested buying the stuff a day prior, and taking it with us. The only problem is that this is supposed to be a suprise, and I don't want my little one to know about it until the day of. I also have no idea which princess she would want, so I can't really pick it out for her. I called the boutique, and they don't have any other appointments that morning, so I can't change the time.

So to sum it up, has anybody had success buying the dress from the castle?
Any suggestions on how to make it work? Should I just do the big package?

Thank you all for reading my entire life story, and thanks for any input in advance!
Googilycub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
Keurigirl
let's all sing like the birdies sing

The hair, makeup, nails, etc are $50. I would bring your own dress, in a bag, just don't let her see what's in it.

I'd actually suggest buying a real dress from someone who makes them as opposed to buying the cheap scratchy ones from Disney. She can have a beautiful handmade dress from someone - check out etsy.com. Everything there is handmade, many by moms of other Disney princesses Just search for your favorite princess and see what comes up!
Disney Cruises: W. Caribbean 3/12, Alaska 8/12, W. Caribbean 4/13, Alaska 8/13, Transatlantic 5/14, Alaska 8/14 next trip: Alaska 8/15
Keurigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
Googilycub
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info, but I don't think that will help. I know that she would want the one from Disney World. I know that they are super scratchy, we always just bring a cami and some shorts to put under it.

She's too old for me to bring it in a bag seperate (it might have worked when she was 3 or 4, but no way now). She would smell the dress in the bag before we left our room!
Googilycub is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: