Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
carcam51
Mouseketeer

Cruise Casual attire???

Hi all! This is our first Disney Cruise. I'm trying to begin packing for our sailing this Sunday. We are doing a 4 night cruise and I've found the information regarding the attire each night, but I'm curious to know if you can wear jeans and a nice top to the MDRs on the cruise casual nights. Also, on dressy nights would my boyfriend and boys be okay in pants and a polo shirt or do they need to be dressed in shirt/ties? I don't want to upset anyone by wearing the wrong attire
carcam51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcam51 View Post
Hi all! This is our first Disney Cruise. I'm trying to begin packing for our sailing this Sunday. We are doing a 4 night cruise and I've found the information regarding the attire each night, but I'm curious to know if you can wear jeans and a nice top to the MDRs on the cruise casual nights. Also, on dressy nights would my boyfriend and boys be okay in pants and a polo shirt or do they need to be dressed in shirt/ties? I don't want to upset anyone by wearing the wrong attire
What you are describing is fine in the MDRs. The only criteria for the MDRs that DCL publishes is "no shorts, tank tops, or bathing suits for dinner". On a 4 night cruise there isn't a real dressy night. There is a "Cruise Casual or Dress Up Optional" night.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
abartonkc
Earning My Ears

What about kids wearing khaki shorts? My son wears shorts all year round (even with snow on the ground). Has anyone seen kids in shorts at dinner?
abartonkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by abartonkc
What about kids wearing khaki shorts? My son wears shorts all year round (even with snow on the ground). Has anyone seen kids in shorts at dinner?
Younger folk and even older people wear shorts. Perfectly acceptable.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What you have described is perfect. On a 4 night cruise, there is no need for a shirt and tie unless one is doing adult dining (there, the dress code is enforced).

People will wear anything--literally. Some don't read the suggestions/requests. Some feel that these don't apply to them, and wear what ever they want. You'll see it on the boards too--people will latch onto those posts that support their desires. DCL requests no shorts, tank tops, or swimwear in the dining rooms. People will comply with this request or not. Personally, I'm not going to let what someone else chooses to wear affect my evening. Their behavior may be another issue!
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #6
bitlerzx4
DIS Veteran

Question
What should I wear to dinner?
Answer
Dining Dress requirements vary by venue or theme night on your cruise. In general, most meals are "Cruise Casual"no shorts, swimwear or tank tops. Most cruises also have special theme nights with additional attire requirements

March 2001(just us) October 2008 (as a family of 4) December 2011 Dream/WDW October 2013 Fantasy Cruise

bitlerzx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #7
super mike b
DIS Veteran

I often wear shorts and a nice shirt to dinner. Especially on the last night.
super mike b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #8
carcam51
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone! We leave tomorrow morning and I think what I have packed will be just fine
carcam51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #9
super mike b
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks everyone! We leave tomorrow morning and I think what I have packed will be just fine
I hope that you have an excellent cruise!
super mike b is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: