Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #61
Bnb0627
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leight
last year my daughter wanted crutches. She still loves to use them around the house and she also got different sized ace bandages and some wraps... she seems to really like pretending to be an emt- I'm hoping she will incorporate that into a career as a nurse.
Three years ago my 6 year old asked for a wheelchair!! Since then she has been given crutches, bandages galore, arm slings. This summer she wanted plaster to make a hard cast. She has no interest in becoming a nurse or doctor. She desperately wants to break a bone and get a cast lol.

She fell hard on her knee and had been complaining of knee pain for weeks but had no probs walking bending so we finally gave in and took her to ER. She was in tears she was in so much pain yet when they came with a wheelchair to take her to X-ray she was all smiles and even asked if I could take her picture! Not broken, she was very disappointed I however was relieved.
Bnb0627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #62
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol

My youngest daughter wants a memory foam topper for her bed. When she was 5 or 6 all she wanted was a "Hugga-Monkey." When I asked her what that was she said "A monkey who hugs you." I looked everywhere for a stuffed monkey with long arms and velcro hands. I finally found one on December 23rd!!! I think that Christmas she didn't care about anything else but her Hugga-Monkey! She still has him.
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #63
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

My dd, who is now almost 19 and a very good student, asked Santa once to bring Hooked on Phonics LOL
She didn't get it but I think she got a computer that year with all the Educational CD Roms to play with.
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #64
Disneymadhouse
DIS Veteran

For the past few months my DD (nearly 4) has been saying that she wants a "mother for Christmas". What she actually means is the Mother Gothel doll from Tangled!! Luckily no strangers ever heard her say that! Could you imagine they would be thinking poor little soul!!

We have been working hard on expanding the sentence to include " rapunzels mother from tangled!"

Claire

1994 WDW Lindfields villa 1999 WDW Polynesian Disney Magic 2002 WDW All Star sports 2005 Disneyland Radisson Maingate 2007 WDW Best Western Lakeside 2012 WDW OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 ???
Disneymadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #65
tmarquez
DIS Veteran

DD at 4 asked for Mighty Putty 2 years in a row...didn't get it. After that is was Proactiv.

I swear she doesn't watch a lot of TV...really...I'm not kidding!
tmarquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #66
AndreaDM
Yeah...we mainly colored that day

DD asked for, and received, her own ream of copy paper. She was forever taking ours out of the printer and then we'd go to print something and be out of paper. She's also received scotch tape in her stocking as she seems to snag every roll I ever buy.
AndreaDM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #67
Aneille
I am still looking for mafia members
And why don't boys play ringette?

Ok my same son that at 4 wanted the oxclean now at 6 years old just told me he wants a gas mask for Christmas.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #68
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

My DD12 asked for a coffee mug this year, she wants it so she can have her own mug for hot chocolate. lol DD16 asked for money for her marching band account, the dues are insane.....

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #69
cristit14
An older I am Dorky Wafflebrains
I really need to pay attention when I am walking
I named my goldfish Horsey and Donkey

I just noticed that my son's list has honey buns on it this year. He is 14
Old 12-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #70
Brownsfan317
Mouseketeer

My son was obsessed with animals when he was younger.

When my son turned 4, he asked for an anteater (a real one). He insisted it would be well fed in our yard.

Then that Christmas he asked for a family trip to Madagascar so he could see the animals there.

Caribbean Beach/Yacht Club June 2013
Port Orleans Riverside January 2013
All Star Sports/AKL September/October 2011
Port Orleans French Quarter July 2009
Old Key West November 2006

Multiple trips starting in 1986-stayed off site at "Irene's Steakhouse" aka Best Grandparents in the World's Home!
Brownsfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #71
krcit
DIS Veteran

When my son was 3 he saw this huge gold snowglobe at Bath and Body Works. It was all he asked Santa for. I went to get it and they were all gone. I was practically in tears in the store when they said they were sold out. I explained to the girl and she said she would keep her eyes open for one. I had just gotten home from the store when my phone rang and it was her telling me someone had just returned one!! He was soooo excited on Christmas morning. Unfortunately, it fell and broke about 7 years later.

krcit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #72
tigercat
Cook, clean and foot massage. Boy that sounds like heaven!
I dislocated my jaw when I ate a piece of lettuce

Not for Christmas but for Easter. My Mum used to get all the grandkids chocolates for Easter. My kids used to ask her for their own cucumbers instead. They would then tell all their friends that they got the best present as the others had to settle for chocolate. They all still really like cucumbers.
tigercat
tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #73
nephthys43
DIS Veteran

I asked my (almost) 3year old nephew what he wanted for Christmas and he told me a car-car hat. Car-car is what he calls my father's dog, Carter. So here I am, all confused, cause what the heck is a Carter hat? I asked my sister and we've come to the conclusion that it's one of those laplander hats that have the really long scarf-like sides that end in mittens. Where he saw that, I don't know. But now I need to go hunt

july 1980 - first trip (cried when i met the three little pigs) - offsite / march 1987 - offsite / march 1991 - offsite / august 1996 - offsite / march 2005 - offsite - celebration / march 2006 - offsite - celebration december 2006 - CBR / december 2007 - sports / december 2009 - offsite - celebration / august 2010 - POP
nephthys43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #74
nephthys43
DIS Veteran

Oops... Hit reply too quickly...

...hunt down a car-car hat

july 1980 - first trip (cried when i met the three little pigs) - offsite / march 1987 - offsite / march 1991 - offsite / august 1996 - offsite / march 2005 - offsite - celebration / march 2006 - offsite - celebration december 2006 - CBR / december 2007 - sports / december 2009 - offsite - celebration / august 2010 - POP
nephthys43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #75
badblackpug
If you knew her you would be shocked!

Not my kids, but friends'. One friend's son went to see Santa at the mall. When Santa asked him what he wanted he said, "underpants." Santa said that is was the 1st time anyone had ever actually asked for underwear, and that he was sure that he would be getting some for Xmas.

Another friend's daughter wanted new tights for Xmas. I have to think of a way to get this around Dis censors..... she misspelled "tights." She omitted the "gh." When she wrote "new tights" minus the "gh" her father accused her mother of writing the list.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: