Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #1
MrEVILdrPorkchop2u
DIS Veteran

Wife is in hospital and we leave in 11 days!!!!

Normally I don't post this kind of stuff on here, but right now I need some good vibes for my wife. Sunday, right after Thanksgiving, DW started losing her voice and not feeling great. By that Monday afternoon, she started feeling even worse. Tuesday she got up for work and realized no way. Wed she took herself to Urgent Care and they prescribed Dymista which is some new nasal spray. Flu results were negative. She wasn't allowed back at school until what would have been today. By Friday, she was feeling up to decorating the house for Christmas while I was at work. I took this as a good sign. Saturday morning around 2, DW woke up feeling awful. As she said, death warmed over. Again flu symptoms. Her fever hit well over 102. By mid morning we decided we would go to te ER. Again, took another flu test and it was negative. Also did a chest x-ray and that too was negative. They admitted her. She has a severe upper resp. Infection that has basically taken over. Thr DR said that this year they have seen viral infections like they never had before. We leave next Friday. I just need some extra good vibes that my DW feels better. She is my world.
MrEVILdrPorkchop2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
mouseketeer_mom
DIS Veteran

Prayers sent!
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
MrEVILdrPorkchop2u
DIS Veteran

Thank you so very much!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Prayers for your DW to have a quick recovery.

Did they check for pneumonia? I had a good friend that had it and hit all of a sudden. Spent 3 days in the hospital and is a month into 6 months of antibiotics to clear it completely. He said it was something new also that was difficult to diagnose and thus got really bad. Just a thought.

Just remember Disney is a vacation. Hopefully they will find what is causing it and get it treated asap.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

Prayers to your DW that they have her on the mend quickly..

Secrets still a go...but they keep taking my computer...
PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #6
MrEVILdrPorkchop2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971
Prayers for your DW to have a quick recovery.

Did they check for pneumonia? I had a good friend that had it and hit all of a sudden. Spent 3 days in the hospital and is a month into 6 months of antibiotics to clear it completely. He said it was something new also that was difficult to diagnose and thus got really bad. Just a thought.

Just remember Disney is a vacation. Hopefully they will find what is causing it and get it treated asap.
They did check her for that when we got to the ER. X-ray came back negative. I think they were expecting it to be. Hoping as today progresses that she will begin to start feeling human again.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #7
Jake06
Earning My Ears

Praying for a quick recovery and a wonderful trip!
Jake06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
dmdelight
Mouseketeer

hope your dw recovers soon, and your trip goes ahead as planned.
dmdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
MrEVILdrPorkchop2u
DIS Veteran

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Things have gotten a bit worse. Not long after I got to the hospital mid morning, our school called to say that DD 12 was running a high fever and not feeling well. My DW works at this same school. Lets just say I had one of those you have got to be kidding moments! Because of the circumstances, DW's boss allowed our senior to leave school and take care of our DD. Normally this wouldn't be an option, but we were desperate. We live out of state from our family and the only other option was to leave DW alone. Soooooo lets just say I am praying things start to turn around! So again, thank you for prayers!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #10
Leajess99
DIS Veteran

Prayers for your family. Some of the viruses going are around are really rough. I hope they get your wife and now your daughter taken care of and feeling better.
Leajess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #11
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Gosh how awful and right before vacation too!

Prayers for your entire family and hopefully they can recover quickly

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #12
MrEVILdrPorkchop2u
DIS Veteran

Update- DW was feeling a tiny bit better this evening and temp has come way down which is a good sign. Still on about 8 different things but at least we are starting to see a difference. I will say DW had a couple of her best friends come visit today. They know what a Disney freak she is. They bought her a Minnie Mouse Snuggie!!! First time I have seen my DW happy in many days! Also, DD's temp has broken and I am thankful for that. If she is not feeling well in the morning DW's BF has offered to take the day off so she can stay home and I can come to the hospital with my daughter. Sorry very thankful!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #13
Fjobe
DIS Veteran

I hope your wife and daughter both get well soon!

Fjobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #14
4fordisneyworld
Mouseketeer

We will be praying this will all be in your past very soon and you guys will be celebrating your family together in Disney very soon!!! Praying you and your older DD don't get sick as well.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #15
sherriepaul
Earning My Ears

Hope she feels better soon and you both can enjoy the magic of Disney without worry!

sherriepaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: