Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #91
shoediva
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: florida
Posts: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamm1207 View Post
How does a disboards meet sound on embarkation day around 3:00 in 687 (the sports bar/family game area)?
Sounds good to me.
__________________
Sailed:
Majesty of the Seas - March 2004
Carnival Legend - August 2011
Carnival Ecstasy - July 201
Disney Dream - April 2013
Carnival Breeze- August 2013
shoediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #92
LuvGoldens
Mouseketeer
 
LuvGoldens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamm1207 View Post
How does a disboards meet sound on embarkation day around 3:00 in 687 (the sports bar/family game area)?
Sounds like a plan!
__________________
Me DH Kiwi
Wilderness Lodge September 18-29, 2012
Disney Dream 4 nt cruise, April 28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge Sept 8-16, 2013
Disney Magic 7 nt Mediterranean, May 31, 2014
LuvGoldens is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #93
LuvGoldens
Mouseketeer
 
LuvGoldens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by N365PA View Post
For everyone else, please check that I have your info correct on the roster!

Clint
Our names are Christine and Jarrod and we're on late dining
__________________
Me DH Kiwi
Wilderness Lodge September 18-29, 2012
Disney Dream 4 nt cruise, April 28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge Sept 8-16, 2013
Disney Magic 7 nt Mediterranean, May 31, 2014
LuvGoldens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #94
shoediva
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: florida
Posts: 74

Smile

Decided i had better get cracking on my FE gifts.... Boy oh boy...
__________________
Sailed:
Majesty of the Seas - March 2004
Carnival Legend - August 2011
Carnival Ecstasy - July 201
Disney Dream - April 2013
Carnival Breeze- August 2013
shoediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:20 AM   #95
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran
 
hamm1207's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,336

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoediva
Decided i had better get cracking on my FE gifts.... Boy oh boy...
Me too! I almost started a packing list but my husband said i was crazy, so it's just a mental list currently!
__________________
Sarah



May 2010 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder January 26-30, 2011 Disney Dream Maiden VoyageApril 27-May 3, 2011 West Coast Repo Disney Wonder December 4-11, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean - April 13-20, 2012 Disney Magic First Galveston Cruise - Sept 22-29, 2012 Disney Magic Bahamas Dream - Sept 30-Oct 4, 2012 Disney DreamApril 28-May 2, 2013 Disney Dream BahamasMay 4-11, 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern CaribbeanOctober 27-November 1, 2013 Disney Magic out of Miami May 19, 2014 West Coast Repo-Disney Wonder May 24, 2014 Alaska Cruise-Disney Wonder
hamm1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:15 AM   #96
tinkslite
Mouseketeer
 
tinkslite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sparks, Nevada
Posts: 289

Allergies

OH MY! I actually forgot to list that my youngest tension, Nicholas, is allergic to all nuts ( peanut and tree nut) and bananas........I was just looking thru the FE list when that hit me! Sorry about the omission,
I am getting so excited! My boys are trying to convince me that I should ride the aqua duck and that my phobia of heights will not bother me on the water slide! not sure I am convinced.....
__________________
<a href="http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/"><img src="http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/tickers/oy57tu3ex8a3qgdx.png" alt="www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
tinkslite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:15 AM   #97
tinkslite
Mouseketeer
 
tinkslite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sparks, Nevada
Posts: 289

Stupid autocorrect

Son not tension!
__________________
<a href="http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/"><img src="http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/tickers/oy57tu3ex8a3qgdx.png" alt="www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
tinkslite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:24 AM   #98
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran
 
hamm1207's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,336

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkslite
OH MY! I actually forgot to list that my youngest tension, Nicholas, is allergic to all nuts ( peanut and tree nut) and bananas........I was just looking thru the FE list when that hit me! Sorry about the omission,
I am getting so excited! My boys are trying to convince me that I should ride the aqua duck and that my phobia of heights will not bother me on the water slide! not sure I am convinced.....
I'm glad you caught it!!

I agree with your boys...you should totally ride the aqua duck!
__________________
Sarah



May 2010 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder January 26-30, 2011 Disney Dream Maiden VoyageApril 27-May 3, 2011 West Coast Repo Disney Wonder December 4-11, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean - April 13-20, 2012 Disney Magic First Galveston Cruise - Sept 22-29, 2012 Disney Magic Bahamas Dream - Sept 30-Oct 4, 2012 Disney DreamApril 28-May 2, 2013 Disney Dream BahamasMay 4-11, 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern CaribbeanOctober 27-November 1, 2013 Disney Magic out of Miami May 19, 2014 West Coast Repo-Disney Wonder May 24, 2014 Alaska Cruise-Disney Wonder
hamm1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #99
Minnie530
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Brunswick Canada
Posts: 15

Yahoo......Just completed my online check in ....71 days to go! The FE sounds fun. I emailed my DD that's at UNI to look it up when she gets a chance to see if she wants to join in. How long before its closed?
Minnie530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #100
tinkslite
Mouseketeer
 
tinkslite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sparks, Nevada
Posts: 289

My Wild and Crazy Teens

Okay, to give everyone an idea of my silly teen boys. First, they are cheerleaders. DON'T START! Neither is gay. They love the odds in the sport (on the team that will be competing at Wide World of Sports right after our cruise there are 3 boys and 17 girls)! They also love to show off their amazing acrobatic and gymnastic skills.
The last "Aloha" competition we went to, my youngest spent the day walking around with a coconut bra and grass skirt over his uniform and a giant tropical frond hat on his head. Yes, there are pictures, No I have no idea how to post them.
They are silly, showy, competitive and fun. They are fiercely protective of their sister (with special needs), and love her unconditionally. They have volunteered on the Special Needs cheerleading team at our home gym, helping the cheerleaders there to learn motions and mild tumbling skills.
They've grown up on Disney, and my older son is considering the Disney College Program in a year or so (if he can get in). If you see one or both of them on the the ship they look alike. They are tall (6' and 5'10" respectively), green eyed, curly brown hair (the color of simba or slightly darker). They are extremely likely to be upside down, or throwing a backhandspring in an inappropriate place (like a hallway).
My younger son was a nationally ranked artistic gymnast at one point (6 years in the sport). My older son was a regionally placed tramp & tumbling gymnast after only one competitive season. They've been cheerleading for 2 years, because they both felt there was more opportunity for college level sports in cheerleading than in gymnastics (they are correct about that).
They attend an online school, to make it easier to travel to competitions during season (January to May).
Ok. That was more than anyone cared to know about "the boys." Just felt like doing a little "proud mom" bragging! Hope I didn't bore anybody!
__________________
<a href="http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/"><img src="http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/tickers/oy57tu3ex8a3qgdx.png" alt="www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
tinkslite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #101
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran
 
hamm1207's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,336

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkslite
Okay, to give everyone an idea of my silly teen boys. First, they are cheerleaders. DON'T START! Neither is gay. They love the odds in the sport (on the team that will be competing at Wide World of Sports right after our cruise there are 3 boys and 17 girls)! They also love to show off their amazing acrobatic and gymnastic skills.
The last "Aloha" competition we went to, my youngest spent the day walking around with a coconut bra and grass skirt over his uniform and a giant tropical frond hat on his head. Yes, there are pictures, No I have no idea how to post them.
They are silly, showy, competitive and fun. They are fiercely protective of their sister (with special needs), and love her unconditionally. They have volunteered on the Special Needs cheerleading team at our home gym, helping the cheerleaders there to learn motions and mild tumbling skills.
They've grown up on Disney, and my older son is considering the Disney College Program in a year or so (if he can get in). If you see one or both of them on the the ship they look alike. They are tall (6' and 5'10" respectively), green eyed, curly brown hair (the color of simba or slightly darker). They are extremely likely to be upside down, or throwing a backhandspring in an inappropriate place (like a hallway).
My younger son was a nationally ranked artistic gymnast at one point (6 years in the sport). My older son was a regionally placed tramp & tumbling gymnast after only one competitive season. They've been cheerleading for 2 years, because they both felt there was more opportunity for college level sports in cheerleading than in gymnastics (they are correct about that).
They attend an online school, to make it easier to travel to competitions during season (January to May).
Ok. That was more than anyone cared to know about "the boys." Just felt like doing a little "proud mom" bragging! Hope I didn't bore anybody!
Sounds like you've got some awesome kids!!

We'll have to get a group handstand picture! I was a competitive gymnast for 13 years (3 yrs as a level 10) before retiring my freshman year of college due to a fractured back that will never heal. After 13 years of gym, I'm still s gym rat...i teach pre-k at a gym here in anchorage that runs a day care and i coach the level 4 girls and pre team. They shouldn't have a problem getting college scholarships with their tumbling skills!!!

We can't wait to meet you guys !
__________________
Sarah



May 2010 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder January 26-30, 2011 Disney Dream Maiden VoyageApril 27-May 3, 2011 West Coast Repo Disney Wonder December 4-11, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean - April 13-20, 2012 Disney Magic First Galveston Cruise - Sept 22-29, 2012 Disney Magic Bahamas Dream - Sept 30-Oct 4, 2012 Disney DreamApril 28-May 2, 2013 Disney Dream BahamasMay 4-11, 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern CaribbeanOctober 27-November 1, 2013 Disney Magic out of Miami May 19, 2014 West Coast Repo-Disney Wonder May 24, 2014 Alaska Cruise-Disney Wonder
hamm1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #102
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran
 
hamm1207's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie530 View Post
Yahoo......Just completed my online check in ....71 days to go! The FE sounds fun. I emailed my DD that's at UNI to look it up when she gets a chance to see if she wants to join in. How long before its closed?
Yes! Only 71 days to go!! It's getting closer and closer!
__________________
Sarah



May 2010 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder January 26-30, 2011 Disney Dream Maiden VoyageApril 27-May 3, 2011 West Coast Repo Disney Wonder December 4-11, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean - April 13-20, 2012 Disney Magic First Galveston Cruise - Sept 22-29, 2012 Disney Magic Bahamas Dream - Sept 30-Oct 4, 2012 Disney DreamApril 28-May 2, 2013 Disney Dream BahamasMay 4-11, 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern CaribbeanOctober 27-November 1, 2013 Disney Magic out of Miami May 19, 2014 West Coast Repo-Disney Wonder May 24, 2014 Alaska Cruise-Disney Wonder
hamm1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #103
tinkslite
Mouseketeer
 
tinkslite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sparks, Nevada
Posts: 289

Not to be Forgotten Darling Daughter

Ok. So we left to go to breakfast immediately after my post about my crazy gym rat boys, and now my sweet girl is miffed as she only got a "mention." So this is about Jessica.
Jessica is also a cheerleader. She has high functioning autism. Her first year of cheerleading was on a Special Needs team, but she did SO WELL that the coaches invited her to try a Senior Level 1 half year team this year, and......They won a national championship for their division last week! We are really proud of her!
She swam in the Special Olympics last year. Her freestyle and backstroke took her to the State Summer Games for SO, and she took a Gold and Silver medal there as well as helping her relay team take a silver medal!
She loves all things Disney. She is a Tinkerbell fan (it was a nick name for her for a while, sometimes I still call her tink). She has said that her goal on this trip is to get a photo of EVERY princess and to meet Tiana (as she never has, yet). She is a funny quirky mix of teenager and little girl.
Her Dad and I adore her. Her brothers are protective of her. We can't remember what life was like without her!
__________________
<a href="http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/"><img src="http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/tickers/oy57tu3ex8a3qgdx.png" alt="www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
tinkslite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #104
tinkslite
Mouseketeer
 
tinkslite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sparks, Nevada
Posts: 289

gymnasts

Nick (the youngest) was competing Level 9 when he switched over to the Cheerleading World. We live in Northern Nevada (the economy was hit hard here during the recession) and the coaching situation had really gone into a downward spiral. His bro and sis were already cheering so it was a natural trasition.
He misses it though. All of his friends are gymnasts. He doesn't relate well to people who cannot do a standing back tuck!
I am sure he'd love to hear more about your Level 10 and college competition experience, as well as what it is like to coach.
His biggest transition, this year, has been learning to work as a group and in synch on the floor. He loves the stunting though!
__________________
<a href="http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/"><img src="http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/tickers/oy57tu3ex8a3qgdx.png" alt="www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
tinkslite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #105
tinkslite
Mouseketeer
 
tinkslite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sparks, Nevada
Posts: 289

apologies

for the off topic mommy bragging for those not into gymnastics and cheer!
__________________
<a href="http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/"><img src="http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/tickers/oy57tu3ex8a3qgdx.png" alt="www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
tinkslite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: